Helping Hands from 2010 - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old February 3rd, 2010, 07:03 PM   #61
Regular Crew

North East Ohio Area

Own (2) HMC-150 Camera's, Steady Tracker Stabalizers, (2) Fluid Head tripods misc.

Looking for any work in the Cleveland, Akron, area.

NLE Sony Vegas 8c/9c

Examples of some work

www.youtube.com/ammorequality

Old February 4th, 2010, 11:46 AM   #62
Trustee

Project in Northern Alabama

I had someone contact me about a video project in Northern Alabama (Guntersville). Sounds interesting, but I'm about 2,000 miles away so...

I've got his contact info, so leave a post here or PM me if you're interested in following it up.
Old February 4th, 2010, 02:08 PM   #63
Regular Crew

Thanks to all who emailed - I'm looking through the replies and showreel links.

Any more are still welcome; always good to have a list of useful camera contacts for those distant projects...

Regards
Dave
Old February 6th, 2010, 04:37 PM   #64
Major Player

EX3 2nd Camera Help Needed - Miami Area.

My partner needs a EX3 camera owner in the South Florida area that would be available for a two-camera shoot during week-days. Please contact miami_EX3[at]hotmail[dot]com
Old February 6th, 2010, 10:53 PM   #65
Inner Circle

Anyone in Richmond

I may have a job or two this year. Is there anyone in Richmond at all? Ok, other than myself.
Old February 7th, 2010, 07:45 AM   #66
Major Player

I go through there all the time. I live in NC, but work in DC a lot.
Old February 7th, 2010, 10:41 AM   #67
Inner Circle

Thanks Jerry.
Old February 7th, 2010, 11:07 AM   #68
Major Player

And on a side note I was born in Richmond... Well, Ft. Lee to be exact!
Old February 7th, 2010, 11:51 AM   #69
Inner Circle

They shot you out of a canon huh? :}
Old February 8th, 2010, 02:11 AM   #70
Wrangler

Need an AE/Color whiz in LA

I'm looking for a budding colorist to grade a 22 minute short film under my supervision. I was due to do it myself but I don't have time and we have a 2 week deadline to hit. There will also be some fairly simple compositing and cleanup, via After Effects or equivalent. Project was cut on FCP7 (would prefer to do the CC in Color). Here's the backstory on the project:

Last year my friend Terry Beesley, a very talented actor and great guy, approached me about a short film he wrote and was to direct titled "Sunshine". Originally I was just going to lend him some of my gear but I read the script and thought it was fantastic, and offered to help him produce as well as shoot it for him. I don't shoot short film freebies any more as a rule (except for my own) but this project drew me in.

It turned out very well; both the acting and the script were strong and I think it will be a hit on the festival circuit--it recently got into Aspen based on a very rough cut. Terry's wife Ashley Jensen co-produced and appears in it; she was unforgettable as Ricky Gervais' hapless sidekick Maggie from the HBO series "Extras", she was also a regular on "Ugly Betty" and is currently a lead in the sitcom "Accidentally on Purpose". Gervais saw the film recently and had this to say: "really elegant story telling...made me laugh out loud...played brilliantly".

All this is to say that the film has a bit of a pedigree and should have some visibility as a result. And yes, you guessed it, there's no pay involved for whomever may want to do this, as it was work that I was originally going to cover myself. I'm the first to suggest that we should all get compensated for our efforts but for those starting out (and even for those of us who have been doing this a long time), sometimes the rewards come in different ways. Obviously you would get credited in the film.

So if you have time in the next few weeks and are interested in tackling this, please drop me a line: sunshine (at) charlespapert.com. I'm looking for someone with a creative eye and expertise with the tools and I'm looking forward to collaborating with the right person on this. If you can link to examples of your work, that would be great. Also, due to the deadline, I would ask that only those who feel that they can commit to this should respond. It shouldn't take more than a couple of days in my estimation, depending on one's working speed.
thanks in advance--

Charles
Old February 9th, 2010, 03:32 PM   #71
Tourist

Casting in LA

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive space for a half day casting session in santa Monica?
Old February 9th, 2010, 10:56 PM   #72
Wrangler

Pretty quiet out there..
Old February 9th, 2010, 11:19 PM   #73
Major Player

Charles - Just sent you a message.
-C
Old February 10th, 2010, 01:31 PM   #74
Regular Crew

Growing Miami/Chicago production company hiring freelance editors and shooters now

Common Machine Prod. is a small but growing Miami-based production company, specializing in documentary, corporate video and commercials.

We've landed several big clients since the fall and have network programming and major corporate work in the pipeline for 2010.

We're looking for talented, experienced, reliable shooters and editors to add to our freelance corps in South Florida and Chicago, where we'll be opening an office in the summer (certainly not going to open an office in Chicago in the winter).

To be clear, at this time, we're looking for South Florida and Chicago-based freelancers only.

If interested, send an email with resume and link to your online reel to contact@commonmachine.com

thanks,

Brett

Last edited by Brett OBourke; February 10th, 2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old February 10th, 2010, 02:04 PM   #75
New Boot

Hampton Roads Area here

I am in Chesapeake whih is a about 2 hours away.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands