DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2010 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/148303-helping-hands-2010-a.html)

Jason Bodnar January 1st, 2010 09:17 PM

Helping Hands from 2010

Sony EX1/3 and Cameraman needed for Film shoot June 10-15 LV and AZ

I am posting this for the Director and Writer of a independent film I worked on last year that still has some reshoots (due to some recasting and such) Afterlife, Movie, Walter Schmidt, Afterlife film, Afterlife movie In Summary I shot everything so far with a Sony EX1 and he would like an EX1 or EX3 and cameraman to shoot some scenes in Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon...June 10-15th 2010 I am unavailable to make these shoot dates and told him I would try and help get him lined up with with someone interested, perferably local to Las Vegas or within driving distance to both Vegas and the Canyon. The Job does Pay and Hotel stays would be covered....More details will be provided to interested candidates.... Some of those dates were for travel so not everyday would be required for someone local again more details to interested candidates. You can check out the website for some info on the Film and see if this would interest you. Full Credits would also be given in the films credits, plus could lead to more future opportunities. Contact me if you are interested and I will get you in touch with the right POC to go over details.

Thanks!

Jason

Paul Cronin January 3rd, 2010 02:45 PM

Interesting Jason PM sent.

Darrell Varga January 3rd, 2010 04:35 PM

Need Driver/Assistant in London Jan 14

I am a Canadian-based documentary producer shooting an interview in the UK on January 14. I would like to hire a driver/assistant for the day--must have a car and licence. I will be in London, need to get to the location near Oxford. A couple of other locations also possible. May also be interested in renting a tripod and lighting kit. Easy gig.

Will pay cash and expenses on the day, will need invoice. Rate to be negotiated ahead of time.

If interested please contact me directly as soon as possible, using the contact feature available to registered members of this message board. Thanks!

Brian Harper-Lewis January 4th, 2010 04:35 AM

Nedd Driver/Assistant in London Jan 14

Hi there,

I'd be happy to help you. I live on the West of London, and have an Audi estate car, a couple of professional tripods, and an assortment of possibly useful kit. More to the point, I'm available on the 14th. Having spent 30 or so years as an editor, I may even be a useful pair of hands. You can reach me at BH-L@ulonline.co.uk or on 020 8943 4467.

best,
Brian

Brian Harper-Lewis January 4th, 2010 07:29 AM

Nedd Driver/Assistant in London Jan 14

Whoops - it would appear I can't even type my own email address correctly at the moment. But then it was cold this morning! The correct address is BH-L@ukonline.co.uk

Paul VanDyk January 4th, 2010 01:32 PM

looking for footage

Hi,
I'm a musician from Montreal, Canada, and I'm in a band whose main focus is to compose music specifically for video and then to perform it live with a projection of that video.

We're currently looking for new video pieces to work with.

We can't offer any money, but we'd promote you and your work any chance we get.

We're open to any kind of subject matter... our main concern is that the footage is visually stunning...

If you'd like to hear some of our work, you can check us out here:
YouTube - planetearthmusic's Channel

Please don't hesitate to contact me at pvd@scientist.com if you're interested.

Andrew Smith January 7th, 2010 07:21 PM

Actually, that's a really interesting concept. I'd personally be interested in shooting footage just to see what you guys make of it. Just need to get something stunning to shoot ... and we have a few of those in Australia.

"Spare time" priority, though.

Andrew

Gerry Curtis January 7th, 2010 09:01 PM

Color Correction/Color Grading

COLOR CORRECTION-FILM OR VIDEO, HD, SD, RED

Movie showing samples of before and after color correction:

Color correction, (also known as color grading) is much more than fixing problems with a film or video. It's a great way to enhance the style, look & mood of a film or video, and can make an already well shot & good looking film look even better.

This reel features a lot of work from the film "Last Thoughts," directed by Paul Burke & shot on Super 16, which has recently screened at the 2009 San Francisco International Film Festival, the longest running film festival in the Americas. It also screened at numerous festivals including the Tiburon International Film Festival and Cinequest.

I'm a San Francisco based colorist working with Apple Color, a dedicated color correction program which is an upgraded version of the $25,000 software Final Touch, which was bought by Apple and now part of the Final Cut Studio software package.

info@digitalkilnstudios.com

or call Gerry Curtis @ 415.218.7080

Apple Certified Pro

Arif Syed January 8th, 2010 07:09 PM

Can anyone with Magic Bullet help me out a little?

I am looking into getting Magic Bullet and was hoping for a trial. However, the only trial they issue is for still images only (am I wrong?). I was hoping there was a way to sort of test out Magic Bullet on a very short clip I have (15 seconds) with some of the presets they have in the program. Is it possible that someone with magic bullet can help me out? I know rendering and everything is such a pain, so I totally understand if you decline.

Sean Hill January 9th, 2010 07:53 AM

Anyone In Tampa Bay, FL... to help with a video?

Hello everyone, I'm looking for a good videographer or cinematographer to help shoot a music video, someone that's good with shooting & NLE. I'm located in the Tampa Bay area and would love to meet some professional filmmakers to work with, please email or message me if interested. Thanks & Happy New Year... :)

Jason Bodnar January 9th, 2010 07:25 PM

As far as I know you can download the trial at the link below click on Trial under the buy it button...fill out the info form then click submit and you can download the trial...They have several version of the looks package and yes one is for stills... but others for Video.

Red Giant Software: Magic Bullet Looks 1.2

Paul VanDyk January 9th, 2010 10:32 PM

footage

cool... let me know if you've got something...
cheers,
Paul

Andrew Smith January 9th, 2010 11:03 PM

Okay. Might be a bit of a while, though.

Andrew

Jason Bodnar January 11th, 2010 08:12 PM

Thanks for everyones interest. The Director has found a couple of people to do the reshoots. For those that were interested and will not be working on the project the Director would like to say Thanks and He will keep you all on his list for possible future work.

Jason

Paul Cronin January 12th, 2010 05:15 AM

Thanks Jason for closing this out. Walter did get back to me when the decision was made.

Mike Ferrara January 12th, 2010 10:17 AM

Music Video

Hi,

I can assist you with your video.

Mike Ferrara
321-480-2567
www.hapdigital.com

Roger Van Duyn January 13th, 2010 09:56 AM

Hello,

I might be able to help you too. Never done an MTV style video though, just a few concerts and recitals (multicam). The students and college professors liked my work. (Even made a little money!)

Robert Turchick January 13th, 2010 04:10 PM

Need shooter in New Orleans 1st week of Feb

Looking for videographer with own gear (lights, HD camera, audio) to shoot interview in New Orleans 1st week of Feb. Should be about an hour start to finish. Will know more on location shortly.
Please PM me or email with prices, gear, and where I can view samples of interviews you've recorded.
HDV is fine but also could take SDHC.

David Grinnell January 14th, 2010 10:44 PM

Looking for job

I know many are, but posting here can't hurt...

I am a Multimedia/Digital Entertainment major that graduated in may of 2009; I’m looking for any entry level job I can get my hands on at say a production house or TV station. I understand that just having a degree in a related field is not everything; you still must deliver in the end. Right now I shoot weddings on the side with my XL2 and HV20, I do the whole deal, custom menus using after effects and encore... I prefer Vegas but have been coming to my own with premiere (I like the work flow between premiere and AF better). I am by no means an old dog at this, I understand that I don’t know everything and don’t let my ego get in the way of people criticizing me… Training someone that knows “everything” is a nightmare. But I’m not that person.

I know many of you are looking for jobs as well, but there are also those of you that know where to find jobs and have friends that can get jobs and what not, that is where I fail and that is why I’m posting here… It’s not what you know, it’s who you know. So if any of you know of any jobs that might work for me, please let me know. I’m not opposed to relocation if that’s what it takes.

Thanks

David Grinnell

Robert Turchick January 15th, 2010 10:33 AM

Anyone? Need to get this locked in by the end of next week.

Ali Jafri January 18th, 2010 04:52 AM

Looking for experienced DP for film shoot in Pakistan

Hi

We are making a full-length feature which is to be shot entirely in Karachi, Pakistan and for which we need an experienced DP with showreel and references. We propose the film to be shot entirely on location (no sets) so there will be a lot of tight spaces in apartment buildings, offices etc. The medium will most probably be 4K RED or similar so experience and proficiency is vital in this area.

We're looking to get local and foreign funding for this film which is intended for showing in various international film festivals.

The duration of the filming looks to last about 4-6 weeks.

If there are any specific questions please do email me: jafri@rola.tv

- Ali Jafri

Kelly Langerak January 18th, 2010 05:55 PM

Need a quality videographer :: Bay Area Shoots

Anyone live in the Bay Area or Los Angeles and want some wedding gigs?

This is my second year as a wedding videographer and I have had to turn down business because I don't have a second videographer.

Most of my clients either want one videographer or two for the ceremony only. On April 10th I have to be in Los Angeles to shoot a wedding and need a videographer who can shoot one in Belmont, CA.

I'm looking for a videographer who has...

• done 5+ weddings
• shoots on HDV or XDCam or both ( I don't need any DV, just HD)
• owns quality onboard camera light and shoulder mount or a steadicam
• Manfrotto Tripod or better
• owns a shotgun mic and wireless lapel mic
• Wide Angle Lens is a huge plus.

I have an idea what I will pay for 2 hour and 8 hour gigs, but let me know what your rate is.

Also, if you are in the same situation where business is ramping up and you need a second videographer too let me know.

Let me know your rate, the equipment you use and send me any clips of weddings you have done. I'm looking for decent quality, someone who can get shy people to talk on camera and who has an eye for storytelling.

Kelly

Doug Tessler January 18th, 2010 06:44 PM

how ru

Heath I might have something but its from SD times will check

Cheers

Doug

Heath McKnight January 19th, 2010 07:03 AM

Hi Doug,

Thank you so much! Let me know--I may be able to use it. We shot on the Z1 and V1.

Heath

Garrett Low January 19th, 2010 11:22 AM

Hello Kelly,

Sent you an email.

-Garrett

Bill Busby January 19th, 2010 07:40 PM

email sent as well

Jason Robinson January 19th, 2010 10:48 PM

Want Vegas Pro8/9 Editors for Multiple Long Form Projects

I have too much current work to be able to keep up with the past wedding projects and I am leaving that market any way. So here is what I am looking for...

OVERVIEW:
I am looking for one or more Vegas Pro editors to take an internal SATA drive I will ship to you and import the project(s), put everything on the timeline in a completed rough cut organized by sections (following basic guidelines which I will supply), upload the .veg to my server, and cash a check from me.

If that sounds interesting, then continue reading.

BID TIMELINE:
Bids accepted continuously till March 1, when all projects will hopefully be done.

NLE:
Yes Vegas Pro. FC / PP / Edius / etc editors might be great at what they do, but that is useless for me. Sorry. I need veggies.

CONTRACT STRUCTURE:
This position is 1099 (no W-2) under the laws of Idaho USA. FYI: I am required to submit a 1099-MISC for all sub-contractors earning more than $600 / yr by IRS regulations. SSN or EIN required for US editors. Generally, there is no US tax withholding on payments made to non-US citizens if they work from a foreign country. For US Citizens / Residents, since this is a 1099 basis contract, no tax withholdings are necessary (BUT... you must report the income on your taxes).

COPYRIGHT:
This is a work-for-hire contract. If you don't know what that means, then you might not be qualified. You retain ZERO, ZIP, ZILCH copyright to the footage and must delete all copies of the footage from your system (if copied from the SATA HDD I send). However, I do pay you, and you will get your line in the ending credits as "Editing by: XYZ" which may include your URL (if you have one).

DELIVERY TIMELINE & REPORTING:
I require a maximum of 1 week turn around per project, otherwise it isn't saving me enough time to make it worth my while. You don't have to be full time, but you do have to be available for daily or semi-daily VOIP/Skype/Gtalk conferences.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
  • Already own a Vegas Pro >=v8 NLE with Core2duo (or better) CPU and a free SATA connection (or external USB dock)
  • Have valid Government Issued ID, US residents must have SSN or have EIN & C/S-corp / Sole-Prop / LLC paperwork (if contracting through your business).
  • Must be >=18yrs old and fluent in English
  • At least one prior reference (which I will contact) regarding your NLE experience
  • A phone number to call.
  • Familiar with the FTP process (I'm not going to hold hands here)
  • A credited demo reel / samples
  • Willing & able to sign a contract (yes this will be legally binding)
  • have fax machine or internet fax account (aka RingCentral)
  • >=3yrs experience with Vegas Pro 5,6,7,8, or 9 (not Platinum or Movie Studio).
  • Consider yourself a darn good editor
  • Willing to get a Gmail account (if you don't have one already)
  • Ability to figure out how to contact me directly via email. Consider this the minimum IQ test for this position.

BONUS QUALIFICATIONS:
  • Existing Gmail account for Google Cal / GTalk / Google chat
  • Several samples to view
  • Several references
  • Established Corporate / Business presence (it never hurts to have a reputation)
  • have other people that consider you a darn good editor
  • SMPTE-C monitor (if you want to do all the post including CC / grading for a project)

COMPENSATION:
All bids are flat rate per project. I am not accepting bids based on a per hour rate. I am paid flat rate, and so that is the mode I pay as compensation. I will already be in the red on some of these projects, but I would rather deliver high quality and keep my contract to my clients and go upside down on a contract or two.

Bids will not be published (aka I'll keep it all confidential) so if you just want to get some money but don't want word getting out about this rate, fine with me.

PAYMENT METHOD:
I will pay via check or paypal. No I will not adjust for the paypal fee, if you would like that convenience, then recipient pays.

PAYMENT TIMELINE:
Payments will be made AFTER delivery of .veg files. Yes this means you have to trust me, but think of it this way, you will have MY multi gigabyte HDD with all MY footage so that is your collateral. I will withhold $80 from the payment until the external HDD is returned. So you can either get two checks (one immediately and the 2nd after returnign the HDD) or wait till shipping back the drive and get one check. Your choice.

TRACKING & UPDATES:
Editors need to have a Google account (or be willing to create one) for contact using Google Cal / Google Talk, etc. Project veggies should be FTP'ed daily. I follow the Agile development method (quick cycles with daily status updates) for all my corporate clients, and so I'd like to follow that method for these projects.

NUMBER OF PROJECTS:
I'm also willing to work with someone interested in multiple projects. I currently have ~6 projects that I need completed by March 1 so there is room for multiple people to each have a project or for a single person to have multiple projects.

REVISIONS & FINAL PROJECT MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
I may request revisions if the delivered project is "too rough." The following are guidelines for what I consider as a rough draft:
  • all content in place on timeline
  • audio / video clips using J/L cuts where appropriate, VO where needed, etc (i.o.w. not just a bunch of random clips on the time line, but actual thought put into them)
  • ceremony multi-camed
  • audio split to tracks if source is multi channel (if you can't tell..... we have problems)
  • play time roughly equal to but not less than final delivery time
  • soundtracks (or placeholders) on the timeline - I have the whole library from www.Stock20.com - Flash Detection

PROJECT DETAILS:
Finished project lengths are determined by contract with the client and generally vary from 45min to 1hr, with most being 45min.

Projects are all multi-cam (most are 3 cams, a few may be 4-cam shoots) sources, with some projects containing separate house / PA recoded to MiniDisc (I'll provide as .wav).

Each project has from 5hrs to 8hrs of source footage in total. The average is 5-6hrs of footage.

My project style is "cinematic" with steadicam, soudtracks, color correction, etc. I will provide a completed .veg project file (just for comparison to see how i lay my projects out) & a finished render of that project to view for anyone considering bids. This should help you see if you can work with me and vice versa.

The productions do not need to be in finished form (with all the audio post, CC work, etc). I just need someone to help knock out the first 20hrs of each project and get it to the finished rough draft stage on each project. We can arrange for you do perform all of the post-production if you like, based on how the first roughs look (for additional pay of course).

Benny Ek January 20th, 2010 02:13 AM

email sent.

Stuart Graham January 20th, 2010 12:17 PM

Tropical Beach Stock Footage

Hi

I need 2 to 3 minutes of good quality, 16:9 aspect ratio, sunny tropical beach stock footage. Preferably the footage would be in 1080 HD, but SD would be okay.

I need the footage to allow me to chroma key some characters over the top.

The beach must be without people, and filmed at eye-level. There needs to be space on the beach for the character to sit on a deck chair and for a waitress to bring him a pina colada. The characters' feet won't be appear in shot. We don't necessarily have to see the sea as I can show that in an establishing shot. But sun, palm trees and golden sand are a must.

Does anyone know where I can get stock footage like this?

I'm happy to buy it. Trouble is that all the web sites I've looked at only provide 10 to 20 seconds of video which is of no use except for an establishing shot. Are there any stock footage sites with longer stock video clips?

Or does some lucky devil happen to live in Tahiti (or somewhere similar)?

Thanks in advance!

Stuart

Tito Haggardt January 20th, 2010 02:52 PM

well i live on Hawaii but there are not a lot of golden sand and palm tree beaches those are on the other islands. but i could probably do some thing for you. i have an ex 1 so i could shoot it PAL for you. what are you shooting with? and how do you want it?
aloha
tito
tito(at)aloha.net

Bill Mecca January 20th, 2010 03:04 PM

have you tried Phoenix Clips or Footage Firm Stock Footage and Stock Video they also have a free site
Free Stock Footage, Backgrounds and Sound Effects

Stuart Graham January 20th, 2010 06:12 PM

Bill: Thanks for the links! I had a good browse through the sites. They only offer clips between 10 - 30 seconds, which isn't really long enough. But it was worth a try.

Tito: That would be brilliant! I'm using:

PAL Canon XH A1 in 25P mode
50th of a second shutter speed
1080 HDV recorded to miniDV tapes

In terms of framing I was thinking of a number of different shots to give maximum flexibility with the chroma keying:

1. The 1st of May... on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
- but without the woman or the sun loungers.
2. http://thumb9.shutterstock.com.edges...he-2717162.jpg
- but without the man or boats or sunlounger.
3. Wake me up when September ends on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
- but without the woman or sunlounger and preferably a little wider.
4. http://static-p4.fotolia.com/jpg/00/...hGAG797xfx.jpg
- but without the man or deck chair and with the background in focus.
5. A shot like number 5, facing inland, but a lot wider to fit two characters in, one of which will be standing.

The characters will sit and stand in the foreground after chroma keying them in.

The beach should be without people, and filmed on a tripod without zooming, panning or tilting.
The background should be in focus - unlike in some of the example photos.
Preferably no footprints in the sand where it appears.
It should be sunny and the sky fairly cloudless.
The footage needs to be 2 minutes in length per angle.
It wouldn't matter which side of the screen the sea is on as I can invert the image.
It would be great to have the audio too if possible.

Sorry for all the complicated instructions. That comes from being a scientist I'm afraid!

I'm happy to recompense you for your time. Let me know what you think. I could always sketch a little storyboard for you - that would probably help get the framing right.

Hawaii looks lovely by the way.

Thanks very much!

Stuart

Chad Whelan January 21st, 2010 07:25 AM

Hi Stuart

It sounds like Tito has it handled for you. If that does not work out I have a Z1 and live on the suncoast of Florida on the Gulf of Mexico and could shoot specifically what you need.

Chad

Jeff Kellam January 21st, 2010 01:56 PM

Wedding Video editor needed - preferably on Vegas Pro

I have a wedding I need edited as soon as possible and don't currently have time to start on it.

I use Vegas Pro8.0c and it would be best if the editor used this NLE so I can Author the project or make any changes needed. Otherwise, you would have to do a solid job and author it to discs (which I will supply and label/package) as I would have no way to do any further edits.

This is a standard documentary style church wedding and location reception shot with 2 Panasonic HMC-150s (AVCHD). Plenty of solid footage and lots of surplus reception footage. Anticipate a 45 to 60ish minute final video length. Additional audio track recorded also for use if needed.

We can talk on the phone for the details.

I can UPS overnight a hard drive with the files and a couple DVD examples of what I do along with a return overnight UPS label.

This would be pretty standard stuff for an experienced wedding editor. Anyone with free time now?

Jeff
jeff@midatlanticvideo.com

Stuart Graham January 22nd, 2010 04:38 AM

Hi Chad

Thanks very much! If Tito can't do it I'm happy to have Florida footage instead :)

Stuart

Jason Robinson January 22nd, 2010 07:24 PM

Still Looking

I have had a few contacts and we are working on those, but as I mentioned, I have up to 6 projects that need work, so there is plenty of work to go around.

Troy Williams January 23rd, 2010 01:40 PM

Local Vegas Pro Editor

Hello Jeff,

My name is Troy and I edit wedding videos. I am in chesapeake and you can email me at twlling@yahoo.com

Stuart Graham January 25th, 2010 02:45 AM

Thanks for all the offers, I think the footage I need will soon be sorted. Thanks again!

Jeff Kellam January 25th, 2010 11:46 AM

Update Monday 1-25-2010:

Thanks to everyone who replied. I got quite a few replies. Not too many Vegas editors out there in comparison to Adobe products.

I now have a Vegas editor helping out on this one.

Thanks again all.

Jeff Kellam January 25th, 2010 11:58 AM

I have a question related to the technical aspects of performing your work.

If someone has a fully edited project, how would that project be delivered to you to work your magic? As a certain rendered uncompressed file type?

Is the colorists work always the final step in the production?

Im just trying to figure out the workflow for a Sony Vegas project.

Would your services be overkill for a wedding video?

Thanks!