Helping Hands from 2010 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old January 1st, 2010, 09:17 PM   #1
Major Player

Helping Hands from 2010

Sony EX1/3 and Cameraman needed for Film shoot June 10-15 LV and AZ

I am posting this for the Director and Writer of a independent film I worked on last year that still has some reshoots (due to some recasting and such) Afterlife, Movie, Walter Schmidt, Afterlife film, Afterlife movie In Summary I shot everything so far with a Sony EX1 and he would like an EX1 or EX3 and cameraman to shoot some scenes in Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon...June 10-15th 2010 I am unavailable to make these shoot dates and told him I would try and help get him lined up with with someone interested, perferably local to Las Vegas or within driving distance to both Vegas and the Canyon. The Job does Pay and Hotel stays would be covered....More details will be provided to interested candidates.... Some of those dates were for travel so not everyday would be required for someone local again more details to interested candidates. You can check out the website for some info on the Film and see if this would interest you. Full Credits would also be given in the films credits, plus could lead to more future opportunities. Contact me if you are interested and I will get you in touch with the right POC to go over details.

Thanks!

Jason

Last edited by Jason Bodnar; January 2nd, 2010 at 02:04 AM.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 02:45 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Interesting Jason PM sent.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 04:35 PM   #3
New Boot

Need Driver/Assistant in London Jan 14

I am a Canadian-based documentary producer shooting an interview in the UK on January 14. I would like to hire a driver/assistant for the day--must have a car and licence. I will be in London, need to get to the location near Oxford. A couple of other locations also possible. May also be interested in renting a tripod and lighting kit. Easy gig.

Will pay cash and expenses on the day, will need invoice. Rate to be negotiated ahead of time.

If interested please contact me directly as soon as possible, using the contact feature available to registered members of this message board. Thanks!
Old January 4th, 2010, 04:35 AM   #4
Tourist

Nedd Driver/Assistant in London Jan 14

Hi there,

I'd be happy to help you. I live on the West of London, and have an Audi estate car, a couple of professional tripods, and an assortment of possibly useful kit. More to the point, I'm available on the 14th. Having spent 30 or so years as an editor, I may even be a useful pair of hands. You can reach me at BH-L@ulonline.co.uk or on 020 8943 4467.

best,
Brian
Old January 4th, 2010, 07:29 AM   #5
Tourist

Nedd Driver/Assistant in London Jan 14

Whoops - it would appear I can't even type my own email address correctly at the moment. But then it was cold this morning! The correct address is BH-L@ukonline.co.uk
Old January 4th, 2010, 01:32 PM   #6
Tourist

looking for footage

Hi,
I'm a musician from Montreal, Canada, and I'm in a band whose main focus is to compose music specifically for video and then to perform it live with a projection of that video.

We're currently looking for new video pieces to work with.

We can't offer any money, but we'd promote you and your work any chance we get.

We're open to any kind of subject matter... our main concern is that the footage is visually stunning...

If you'd like to hear some of our work, you can check us out here:
YouTube - planetearthmusic's Channel

Please don't hesitate to contact me at pvd@scientist.com if you're interested.
Old January 7th, 2010, 07:21 PM   #7
Equal Opportunity Offender

Actually, that's a really interesting concept. I'd personally be interested in shooting footage just to see what you guys make of it. Just need to get something stunning to shoot ... and we have a few of those in Australia.

"Spare time" priority, though.

Andrew
Old January 7th, 2010, 09:01 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Color Correction/Color Grading

COLOR CORRECTION-FILM OR VIDEO, HD, SD, RED

Movie showing samples of before and after color correction:

Color correction, (also known as color grading) is much more than fixing problems with a film or video. It's a great way to enhance the style, look & mood of a film or video, and can make an already well shot & good looking film look even better.

This reel features a lot of work from the film "Last Thoughts," directed by Paul Burke & shot on Super 16, which has recently screened at the 2009 San Francisco International Film Festival, the longest running film festival in the Americas. It also screened at numerous festivals including the Tiburon International Film Festival and Cinequest.

I'm a San Francisco based colorist working with Apple Color, a dedicated color correction program which is an upgraded version of the $25,000 software Final Touch, which was bought by Apple and now part of the Final Cut Studio software package.

info@digitalkilnstudios.com

or call Gerry Curtis @ 415.218.7080

Apple Certified Pro

Last edited by Gerry Curtis; January 7th, 2010 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Update
Old January 8th, 2010, 07:09 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Can anyone with Magic Bullet help me out a little?

I am looking into getting Magic Bullet and was hoping for a trial. However, the only trial they issue is for still images only (am I wrong?). I was hoping there was a way to sort of test out Magic Bullet on a very short clip I have (15 seconds) with some of the presets they have in the program. Is it possible that someone with magic bullet can help me out? I know rendering and everything is such a pain, so I totally understand if you decline.
Old January 9th, 2010, 07:53 AM   #10
New Boot

Anyone In Tampa Bay, FL... to help with a video?

Hello everyone, I'm looking for a good videographer or cinematographer to help shoot a music video, someone that's good with shooting & NLE. I'm located in the Tampa Bay area and would love to meet some professional filmmakers to work with, please email or message me if interested. Thanks & Happy New Year... :)
Old January 9th, 2010, 07:25 PM   #11
Major Player

As far as I know you can download the trial at the link below click on Trial under the buy it button...fill out the info form then click submit and you can download the trial...They have several version of the looks package and yes one is for stills... but others for Video.

Red Giant Software: Magic Bullet Looks 1.2
Old January 9th, 2010, 10:32 PM   #12
Tourist

footage

cool... let me know if you've got something...
cheers,
Paul
Old January 9th, 2010, 11:03 PM   #13
Equal Opportunity Offender

Okay. Might be a bit of a while, though.

Andrew
Old January 11th, 2010, 08:12 PM   #14
Major Player

Thanks for everyones interest. The Director has found a couple of people to do the reshoots. For those that were interested and will not be working on the project the Director would like to say Thanks and He will keep you all on his list for possible future work.

Jason
Old January 12th, 2010, 05:15 AM   #15
Inner Circle

Thanks Jason for closing this out. Walter did get back to me when the decision was made.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands