Helping Hands from 2006 - Page 12 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old February 24th, 2006, 08:49 AM   #166
Trustee

Are you still taking submissions?
Old February 24th, 2006, 09:03 AM   #167
Major Player

I'll have to give Vince a "thumbs up" for his professionalism also. He sent us shots to match for his chromakey background, answered his phone and fulfilled his committments quickly.

Hope to work with you again also.
Old February 24th, 2006, 10:44 AM   #168
Tourist

Me Compose

Hey Alex.

The funny thing is, I was poking around this forum because I'm interested in getting into DV movie making because I really want to score movies [ for a living ] and, there's no way to get into it in Winnipeg... other than making your own movies which you can write grants for.

You can't write grants to score a film... you have to be friends with a director / producer type. That said, not everyone that writes a grant gets a grant. I do have experience. I have made soundtracks from scratch for film, TV and [ would you believe ] modern dance.

Here's a link to my website.

http://kampernet.bounceme.net/soundtracks/contents.html

Best luck whether we work together or not.

Joel
Old February 24th, 2006, 11:58 AM   #169
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Wagner
Are you still taking submissions?

Yes I am. Submission deadline is March 21st. Here's a link to the official press release: http://www.moviemarkdvd.com/shorts.php Please feel free to email me any questions or concers you may have.
Old February 24th, 2006, 07:23 PM   #170
Major Player

Looking for the right short film to score for free

I am looking for a very high quality short film to score.
-Not with a cinematic/orchestral emphasis (although I can include those elements)
--but more of an alternative/acoustic/rock/techno feel
coldplay - meets nirvana - meets n.i.n.

I have not scored a film before, but I have been producing music for media production for about 5 years (and working in video production for eight).

My "royalty free music" makes my clients very happy, so I'd like a shot at something different.

you can listen to some of my work at www.stock20.com
*but* stock20.com is really geared toward corporate, promotional, and event videographers, so the music is not typical of a movie score. Please keep that in mind.

--you would have to be patient with my schedule
--and I would have to like your film very much.
--but I would do the work pro-bono

Daniel Rudd
www.stock20.com
Old February 25th, 2006, 05:09 PM   #171
Major Player

Writing/Producing/Directing Partner? S. CA

Hello all.
I'm thinking there has to be others like me out there that are trying to make sense of everything while getting into the world of indie movie making and need a partner.

I'm hoping I can find the right person to hook up with and write and shoot some good stuff. I'll help produce their directing and vice versa. Both co-writing.

Am I nuts? Are there more like me out there that just need someone to bounce ideas off of?
Old February 26th, 2006, 04:24 AM   #172
Inner Circle

Hope there's maybe a couple ideas in here that you might be able to use -

About Guerilla Rentals

We focus on providing affordable rentals and products, to independent filmmakers, offering the very finest results, from initial concept to final cut for delivery.

We rent items, such as the latest, cutting-edge, high quality 1/3" 3CCD, 720/24p digital video cameras, along with the Mini35 adapter, that will bring that gorgeous, wide-screen cinematic look to your footage, with a 35mm film-like depth of field.

We offer very special, long-term rates, to make it possible for you to rent quite affordably, for up to weeks or even months at a time. If you are from out of town, we can arrange affordable shipping, anywhere in Canada, to suit your specific needs.

Guerilla Rentals offers you professional know-how, with over 3 years experience in the video industry. Our knowledgeable equipment consultants are just a phone call away, ready to assist you in choosing just the right gear to make your next production a resounding success.
Old February 26th, 2006, 12:50 PM   #173
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Wright
Hope there's maybe a couple ideas in here that you might be able to use -

About Guerilla Rentals

We focus on providing affordable rentals and products, to independent filmmakers, offering the very finest results, from initial concept to final cut for delivery.

We rent items, such as the latest, cutting-edge, high quality 1/3" 3CCD, 720/24p digital video cameras, along with the Mini35 adapter, that will bring that gorgeous, wide-screen cinematic look to your footage, with a 35mm film-like depth of field.

We offer very special, long-term rates, to make it possible for you to rent quite affordably, for up to weeks or even months at a time. If you are from out of town, we can arrange affordable shipping, anywhere in Canada, to suit your specific needs.

Guerilla Rentals offers you professional know-how, with over 3 years experience in the video industry. Our knowledgeable equipment consultants are just a phone call away, ready to assist you in choosing just the right gear to make your next production a resounding success.
WOW, Simply amazing. I love it. Exactly what we were looking for. If anyone has anything they would like to add, Im always open, but I think Robert has done a terrific job. Thanks Robert, and everyone else who helped mold the company profile.
Old February 26th, 2006, 06:44 PM   #174
Regular Crew

24 hour film contest in toronto

looking for 3 people in the toronto or surounding areas to help us enter this contest..please email me if you interested.

Pmander@cogeco.ca

the details are on this site
http://www.torontofilmchallenge.com/

my wesite www.kre8-fx.com

thanks

pete
Old February 26th, 2006, 09:05 PM   #175
Regular Crew

wedding - July 16 2006 NJ

Hi

I am looking for a camera-man for July 16 of 2006.The wedding takes place at MonmoUth County NJ. It's a whole day wedding. Must be professional and have his own gear and a demo.
Thank you.

Please contact
anthony@jerseyshorevideo.com
Old February 26th, 2006, 09:57 PM   #176
Tourist

Camera Operator needed for exciting Martial Arts short

Hi guyz, my actors and i have been rehearsing non-stop for a short martial arts scene (about 6 minutes), and although we're still about 2 months away from production, i'm looking for a camera operator with equipment (preferably a DVX100, steadi/glidecam, and a Mini35 adapter/lenses would be great). It will be a weekend shoot. If interested, send me an e-mail at tanayulgen@yahoo.ca
Thanks,
T
Old February 27th, 2006, 08:11 AM   #177
Regular Crew

Steve if you see this..LMK if you recived my email i sent one through my home addy but it came back i just sent one in your DVI email

Pete
Old February 27th, 2006, 10:46 AM   #178
Major Player

Looks like only 3-4 hours on Saturday for $100 (on the ground)
Chris
Old February 27th, 2006, 11:14 AM   #179
Regular Crew

Transsibirian Railway

I´m looking for characteristic footage from the transsibirian railway, especially between Irkutsk and Wladiwostock, (Nature and people and from train). Does anyone know where to get?

If I´m not succsessfull with existing footage, I´ve to do the trip and shooting myself, so any advice from russianadepts would be helpful.

thx
alex
Old February 27th, 2006, 03:44 PM   #180
Capt. Quirk

Would a GL1 work for you? I'm only a couple hours south.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands