Helping Hands from 2006 - Page 15 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old March 13th, 2006, 11:55 AM   #211
Regular Crew

Need shooter / editor for summer

I have an opening for a shooter / editor from May 18th - Aug 13th. This is a traveling position and you will work 7 days a week. You will be with a touring group who is in a different city each day. All food and travel is provided. Your job will be to create a 3-5min "behind the scenes" video each day so the organization can put it up on their website. You will need to shoot and edit this video. Once you are done working for the day, you are done. This job requires a creative and self motivated person. The group you will be touring with is a drum and bugle corps (like a marching band) who is made up of 135 kids that are 21 and under. These kids will sleep at high schools on the floor. You will be traveling with the support staff, who will will also be sleeping on the floor. This is very hard on your body and will require a young person. We can provide equipment which will be a computer and camera, or you can use your own. Pay is $3500 without equipment, or $4000 with equipment. We will provide all tape stock. If you are using your own equipment, you will need a 3ccd camera, computer with editing software (preferably a laptop) and a shotgun mic. We will be checking in with you through out the summer.

If this sounds like something that you are interested in, please email me the following:

Resume
Sample of Work
Equipment list
2 References

You can email these to rcr@box5productions.com.

You can preview some of our work www.box5productions.com under season videos. This is the type of group that you will be working with.

If you have any questions, please email me.

Thanks
Tim
rcr@box5productions.com
Old March 13th, 2006, 12:14 PM   #212
Inner Circle

Tim
All 3 of my kids marched corps years ago-it's an awesome adventure and some of the best musicians anywhere play. If I were 25 years younger I'd do the gig. Its a summer of fun!

Don
Old March 13th, 2006, 05:50 PM   #213
New Boot

SAG SHORT movie in LA..needs a make-up and hair person

I'm shooting a Sag Short in the month of April and need a make-up and hair person. Since our company "Blue Butterfly Productions" is independant, we can only offer "credit, meal and copy". But because it is a Sag Contract, payment maybe deferred. Depending if the project gets sold. This short film is targeted for the SUNDANCE FILM FESTIVAL and would be great exposure for those involved. For more information, please contact me at enderlee@enderlee.com
Old March 13th, 2006, 11:15 PM   #214
Wrangler

Call the Joe Blasco school on Hillhurst Ave. in LA; they can post your project to their graduate students and you will have a plethora of talented people calling you in no time. They are eager to get experience for their portfolios and will usually work for free or a small kit fee.
Old March 14th, 2006, 04:43 AM   #215
Major Player

Positions filled.

Thanks
Old March 14th, 2006, 12:54 PM   #216
New Boot

thank you so much Charles
Old March 14th, 2006, 07:23 PM   #217
Major Player

Need a voice over artist

Hello, we are looking for someone with some time to record a voice over. We are trying to get funding for this documentary, and what we can offer at this point is; future involvement including pay if the documentary gets appropriate amount of funding. We already have a company sponsoring, and we are waiting on a few more. Few details about the documentary: traveling, himalayas, cultural,rustic.
The voice is for a small demo we are putting together before we approach additional companies for sponsorship.

Please send some sample work to:

ron@craterlionproductions.com

Thank you
Old March 15th, 2006, 08:50 AM   #218
New Boot

Canon XL2 Operators in Dallas

I've been receiving valuable information from this forum for
over 6 months and this is my first thread. We're getting everything together for a short feature in the Dallas area.
I'm looking for another XL2 operator to assist the director while he's busy with other matters. We've tried the local universities but no response yet. Does anybody know someone or a website that might help? Mandy wasn't to helpful either.
Old March 15th, 2006, 09:07 AM   #219
Obstreperous Rex

Moved to Helping Hands, and added "Dallas" to the thread title. You might mention what the compensation is.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old March 15th, 2006, 03:24 PM   #220
Hawaiian Shirt Mogul

what is considered a short feature ?? vs. a short ? or feature ?
Old March 16th, 2006, 04:02 PM   #221
Tourist

canon xl2 operators in dallas right here

I have been trying to reply to Arnold English. I have a canon XL2 and can help you with the poject you are working on. Please contact me at
(972) 253-0211
I am located in the dfw metroplex. Hope to hear from you soon.
Martha Griffin
Old March 16th, 2006, 05:32 PM   #222
Major Player

Looking for a producer?

Hi

I have atleast in my mind a original film idea about the body and it's diffrent movements. (Not as arty as it sounds) I'm from Sweden and I'm looking for an American/Brittish/Canadian producer that could help me with my project.

Anyone have any clues to where I might start looking for someone that could find my project interesting?

If you are a producer and just happens to read this and want to know more please contact me and I'll submit full details about the project.

Kind regards,
Andreas
Old March 16th, 2006, 10:14 PM   #223
Regular Crew

Sounds fun... I got a DVX.
Old March 16th, 2006, 11:29 PM   #224
Major Player

Next one is 9:30 PM, 4212 Sunset Blvd. @ Myra. I'll be there!
Old March 17th, 2006, 10:01 AM   #225
Major Player

Sound Recordist Needed

Hey all.

Need a sound recordist for a low/no budget 3 day short shoot shooting with the JVC HD100 camera. This is a 13 page action/drama shooting at the end of May

If interested, please send email to carcaridon@cox.net.

Thanks.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands