Helping Hands from 2006 - Page 18 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old March 24th, 2006, 02:11 PM   #256
New Boot

Didn't mean to offend anyone, but the price was based on Governmental statistics concerning the average rate for camera operators ($21/hr) Truth of the matter is the short feature could be shot less than (4) hours but you have to consider the SAG actors and actresses have full time jobs. The process can be handled better in four shoots (3) afternoons (1) morning. Large portion of the (5) hours mentioned was mainly driving in the metroplex.
(1) shoot consists of filming the outside of a building, an actor in a lobby, and
footage of cubicles, no more than (4) minutes of filming for $100 dollars. If it's not for you... no worries
Old March 24th, 2006, 04:23 PM   #257
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold English
Didn't mean to offend anyone, but the price was based on Governmental statistics concerning the average rate for camera operators ($21/hr) Truth of the matter is the short feature could be shot less than (4) hours but you have to consider the SAG actors and actresses have full time jobs. The process can be handled better in four shoots (3) afternoons (1) morning. Large portion of the (5) hours mentioned was mainly driving in the metroplex.
(1) shoot consists of filming the outside of a building, an actor in a lobby, and
footage of cubicles, no more than (4) minutes of filming for $100 dollars. If it's not for you... no worries
Arnold, I have no way of contacting you. No email or phone info provided. I might be of some assistance to you on your project. You can email me off forum and I will get in touch with you. BTW, I am one of the XL2 forum mods here at DVINFO.

regards,

-gb-
Old March 27th, 2006, 08:18 AM   #258
Regular Crew

6 hour wedding video coverage Myrtle Beach SC

We are looking for someone to shoot video for a wedding in Myrtle Beach SC on October 28, 2006. It will be 6 hour coverage, time to be determined. What we would like is for someone to shoot the footage and we will take care of editing.

Please e-mail us at bianca@amomentlikethis.net with your rates.
Old March 27th, 2006, 04:39 PM   #259
New Boot

FCP Editor needed

Position: Final Cut Editor
Employer: Information Television Network - www.itvisus.com
Duration: Full Time Employment, starts ASAP

Must have 5+ years experience as a broadcast editor, be proficient in Final Cut Pro and edit projects as part of a team. Your responsibility will be to edit content to high broadcast national standards. Successful candidates should be able to function in a creative environment, have a broad range of technical and communication skills. Candidate should have a solid understanding of the nuances, context and syntax of the English language. Experience cutting long form documentary productions preferred but not necessary.

Apply to: Bob Buruchian via fax 561-997-5208 or email bob@itvisus.com Please do not call for follow up, we will contact you if we need any further information or to request a phone interview. Applicants must have a demo reel available upon request.
Old March 28th, 2006, 07:50 AM   #260
Regular Crew

Demo reel-need comments

Demo reel

QuickTime
http://www.yayofilms.com/video/rudnicki.mov

windows media file
http://www.yayofilms.com/video/rudnicki.wmv

I am looking for constructive comments on my reel.
Almost entire content is shot on dv, then post in after effects and 3ds max.
It's for the New York market.

Thanks
Albert Rudnicki
www.yayofilms.com
albert@yayofilms.com
Old March 28th, 2006, 09:12 AM   #261
Major Player

Very very nice. :)

My only feedback would be to recommend moving a stronger shot up to the front of the reel instead of the girl/rain.
The composition and effects for the girl and storm in the first shots are not as strong as the rest of the reel.

The general rule for reels is to always put your absolute best material first. Reviewers are expecting this and (faced with stacks of demo reels to cull through) might actually stop after the first 10 seconds. Using the "photography" style sequence for the opener, for example, could be much a more effective, attention getting, way to start IMO.

Great work!
Good luck!
Old March 28th, 2006, 11:43 AM   #262
Wrangler

Thanks to everyone who volunteered and came out for the shoot. We got everything we needed and then some!

Thanks again,
Tim
Old March 28th, 2006, 04:11 PM   #263
Major Player

Recording studio needed in So Cal...

I have a friend who is trying to get her break into stardom in Hollywood. She has done several voice overs for big clients in the past and a bunch of movies.
Her problem now is that she has left the market where she is known and is trying to break into the Hollywood scene.
She needs a budget-but-good recording studio (at least an iso booth with a good mic and clean sound) that could either use her voice on a few projects, use her as on-screen talent as payment, or charge minimum bucks for jobs that she has lined up...
Let me know if there's anything out there for her!
Thanks!!
Old March 28th, 2006, 04:19 PM   #264
Regular Crew

I don't know if anyone has responded to your request, but I am interested. I do not own an XLH1, but I have worked with it. I do own and have worked extensivley with a Canon XL2, and some of the mechanics of the 2 cameras are the same. I am based in Salt Lake City, but travel to Vegas often. If you are in need of crew at this point, don't hesitate to contact me if you wish.
Brian K Jones
Legacy Visuals
briankj@earthlink.net
Old March 28th, 2006, 04:35 PM   #265
Major Player

Great boutique recording studio

I just shot a video of a top vocal coach in a cool little recording studio that is not too expensive and the guy who runs it is great. It's in Garden Grove on the north end of Orange County. Not too far from most of metro LA.

It's called "Virlouise" and the owner is Bill Davidow.

Phone number is: 714-530-0389

Website is www.virlouise.com.

email is Virlouise@Virlouise.com

I was just real impressed and thought the place was cool.

Tip McPartland
Old March 28th, 2006, 05:36 PM   #266
Regular Crew

Seeking crew for 48 hr film project

looking for people in St. Louis to assist on crew for 48 hour film project friday June 9 - Sunday June 11 2006.

looking for:
gaffer
editor
2nd cam with equipment (minidv mandatory - XL2 preferred)
audio
writer(s)

for more info on 48 hour project check out their website (http://48hourfilm.com)

please contact 48hour@nine13media.net for more information if you are interested.

Thanks
Frank Moss
http://nine13media.net/

Last edited by Frank Moss; March 29th, 2006 at 10:40 AM.
Old March 28th, 2006, 08:29 PM   #267
Regular Crew

bash me, please

Thanks Nick, I think that you have a good point there (we're just so sentimental to some of our work...it's hard to let it go....)

I think I am going to place the "rain" at the end with my name sinking :) in the water.

Anybody else?

Albert Rudnicki
Old March 28th, 2006, 08:50 PM   #268
Major Player

Maybe cut it down a bit. Your work is more than strong enough to where you can whet appetites by not showing them so much. That's a personal opinion, however. I agree with the post above as well. Overall, very nice and impressive stuff.
Old March 28th, 2006, 09:13 PM   #269
Regular Crew

The biggest thing for me is dont make a general demo reel.....make one for a specific company in mind. Definitely trim it down get the message across a lil quicker. It could just be me and my MTV mindset. :)

also to me it seemed like the timing at the begining was great but somewhere in the middle i lost the "beat".....but dont read too much into that :)
Old March 28th, 2006, 11:19 PM   #270
Hawaiian Shirt Mogul

so you are sending this out to get a job as _________ ?

overall very good- excellent work !!!

IMO if you are going to start with the little girl - start on the wide shot. get me to 17sec ASAP ...

the first 17 sec is good .. 17- 1:10 is excellent ..1:10 -1:33 is good ..1:33 to end is very good - excellent ..

excellent !!!!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands