DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2006 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/19553-helping-hands-2006-a.html)

Bruce S. Yarock May 18th, 2006 08:41 PM

Keith,
Your story inspired me,and I couldn't imagine comming up with something of equal quality.
But while staring blankly at the screen, I heard the word "polygamist" in my brain,and the rest just flowed.
My favorite part,however, was about the "dvinfo netters" documenting the event and reporting back.
Bruce Yarock

Aaron Koolen May 18th, 2006 09:03 PM

Teenager and old person sitting across from each other playing cards, looking really serious, like this is the game of all games. Old person lays down their hand, they win, burst into laughter, cheers, other player pouts, complaining that it's not fair, they've only had it a week. The old one tells them to hand it over. Flash of light, they've switched places. Youngin is now in the old body, and the old person is in the young body. Oldie (Now youngy) hops up and runs outside to play.

Chris Hocking May 18th, 2006 11:03 PM

Thank you all for your ideas, thoughts and suggestions!

Keep them coming!

Maybe with need a seperate forum to use as an ideas bank/database? For example, if someone comes up with a random idea sometime, they can post it allowing others to interprete it and make films based on it. Just a thought.

Bruce S. Yarock May 19th, 2006 05:34 AM

Aaron,
That's pretty good...shades of "twilight Zone".
Bruce S. Yarock

Dag Mykland May 20th, 2006 09:42 AM

Ain't no one living down there or what? Or is there no film activity at all going on in Perth...

Hope someone can help me!

Thanks

Don Starnes May 20th, 2006 05:09 PM

NM in Sept.: HVX200 Camera Operator needed

B Camera operator needed for a low budget theatrical feature shooting in Las Cruces, NM. in September of 2006. Must be an Owner / Operator of an HVX200 camera with two P2 cards. 20 day shoot, reasonable hours, low pay plus additional deferred pay; do this for the experience and to work with a very experienced DP, not for the money.

don@donstarnes.com

Charlie Vankirk May 22nd, 2006 02:45 PM

Help needed for Colon Cancer & UC Documentary in Las Vegas

Hello everyone!

I am in need of some good hearted people that are willing to help (for free as I have no budget) on a documentary about Ulcerative Colitis & Colon Cancer!

I personally have UC and want to tell my story as well as the stories of other sufferers and how it has affected them and their loved ones.

The everyday struggle, living with it daily and how I plan to overcome my illness through diet and healthy lifestyle changes are the things I want to focus on.

I will soon have some footage of my doctor visits and a 15-20 minute piece by me about me and what I have been through =(

I also want to interview various sufferers.

Raising awareness and prevention about a highly preventable disease and about conditions that are kind of taboo and embarrasing to talk about but necessary.

I AM A COMPLETE AMATEUR!!
I have 1 camera with the following setup:

*Sony HDR-HC1 HDV Camera
*Camera mounted Rode VideoMic (on custom made cold shoe mount!)
*Beachtek DXA-2s XLR adapter for better sound
*Wired lavalier mic

The help I need is:

*1 cameraman familiar with the Sony HC1 or A1U camera
*creative help

I basically need help with the preproduction work like writing it and planning it out. This way I have a direction and plan on how to proceed since I am completely new at this.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions on a title for the documentary would be helpfull.
I am currently thinking of "OurRoadToRecovery" but I am starting to think it is very unoriginal.

If anyone has any general suggestions or advice about the documentary I would greatly appreciate it!

I am in Las Vegas.

Thanks in advance,

Charlie

David Schmerin May 22nd, 2006 06:33 PM

DC Shooter Needed

Hi All,

Looking to find a shooter in the DC area running a Z1U for some free lance B-Roll work.

If there is anyone out there interested please drop a line

hds@wrightwood.com

David Schmerin
http://www.wrightwood.com

Charles Huang May 24th, 2006 03:32 AM

Toronto

In in Toronto, tell me what you want and I will put my XL2 to work. Reply with your rate offer and length.

Many thanks!

Heath McKnight May 24th, 2006 09:12 AM

I was looking for someone who had existing footage willing to give it up for full credit. This is one of my student's films.

heath

William Pisarri May 24th, 2006 02:24 PM

George Romero Doc Needs Shooters & Pa's

GEORGE ROMERO FEATURE DOCUMENTARY NEEDS SHOOTERS & PA'S WITH CARS -- MAY 27 - JUNE 22

DEAD ON: The life and cinema of George A. Romero, a feature documentary on George Romero (Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Creepshow, Land of the Dead), is currently in production and is looking for camera people who have experience using the Canon XL 2.

The Chicago based crew will be in Los Angeles from May 26 - June 23 and is looking for experienced camera people who are willing to work on this exciting production for credit, gas and food.

Current participants already include: Stephen King, John Landis, John Waters, Wim Wenders, Danny Boyle, Quentin Tarantino, Robert Rodriquez, Richard Linkletter, Rob Zombie, Penn (Penn & Teller), Roger Ebert and many others.

Let us know about your availability, whether you have transportation and if you have a camera or other equipment of your own (lights, sound, tripod).

There is no pay for this project but the film has already secured festival play at a number of film festivals around the globe even though it is still in production.

A Film by Rusty Nails!
Please contact: William/whpisarri@hotmail.com/773.369.2382

Tip McPartland May 25th, 2006 02:28 AM

I object....

Why should videography be the only type of employment where the minimum wage law is violated with seeming impunity? You are unethical to ensnare wannabe videographers with a project like this.

At least pay minimum wage to these poor newbies and avoid violating federal law while offering them the modicum of dignity that some small amount of pay offers.

Do you wish to explain why you are above the minimum wage laws? I'd love to hear it.

Tip McPartland

Graham Bernard May 25th, 2006 02:36 AM

Tip? Supply 'n Demand . .

Grazie

Richard Alvarez May 25th, 2006 05:44 AM

What, no interview with Tom Savini????

Can't be much of a doc then.

(Snark) I'm a Romero fan.

Cole McDonald May 25th, 2006 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tip McPartland
Why should videography be the only type of employment where the minimum wage law is violated with seeming impunity? You are unethical to ensnare wannabe videographers with a project like this.

At least pay minimum wage to these poor newbies and avoid violating federal law while offering them the modicum of dignity that some small amount of pay offers.

Do you wish to explain why you are above the minimum wage laws? I'd love to hear it.

Tip McPartland

As a hobbyist, I'd jump at this if I were available, which alas I am not! Not all shooters are in it as a career. I have a garden, but I don't get paid to till it.