DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2006 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/19553-helping-hands-2006-a.html)

Jack Matthews January 15th, 2006 06:27 AM

Scripts, Scripts and more Scripts

Hey
I'm a amatuer student film maker, currently in South East of England and was wondering if anyone knew if there was any sort of online 'student' or 'short' script database where I could view student written scripts and/or contact young aspiring script writers. I myself am not the best of writers, and am interested in getting into Producing, so I was wondering if there was such a resource. My endless hours of searching google.com have yielded no satifying results.

Thanks
- Jack

Andrew Todd January 15th, 2006 07:42 AM

jack, I was in your shoes last summer. I posted on http://www.newenglandfilm.com/classifieds/ that i was an amateur filmmaker (maybe even say student) looking for free scripts, short or long to use for production. Forn the first 2 weeks i got no replies then all of the sudden i would come home from work and have like 14 scripts waiting in my inbox.. this continued on for months and months.. even to this day i get a few replies to that post.. If you post it..they will come... just find the right board.

Richard Alvarez January 15th, 2006 09:04 AM

Jack,

go to www.inktip.com and click through to the 'shorts for sale' section. You can view the short synopsis of tons of shorts, and then contact the writer you are interested in directly.

In order to view the feature scripts, you must register as a producer/director or agent.

Jack Matthews January 15th, 2006 09:40 AM

Thanks

Thank you both of you. I actually took your advice Andrew, and am already in contact with a number of promising script-writers. Thanks. All i need now is to find a cost-effective storyboard/concept artist. Cheers lads.

Evan Fisher January 15th, 2006 11:10 PM

I'm interested

I have a current site that I've been building but need to revamp it. i'm too busy on a project and need it rebuilt ASAP. I know exactly what I want.

evan@fishermp.com
www.fishermp.com

Thanks

George Ellis January 16th, 2006 11:15 AM

I do, but not enough experience for any of it.

James Emory January 16th, 2006 04:30 PM

Ready to go!

Hello Shannon. I just sent you all of my info including production gear that I have. Please contact me if anything in the camera department is open. Thanks. I'm ready to go!

James Emory January 16th, 2006 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evan C. King
My god I wish I lived in Atlanta.

Hahahahaha! LMAO!! :O

Nick Hiltgen January 16th, 2006 07:55 PM

Shannon I have a bunch of good people that I've just worked with available for most of the positions you have listed if you're interested.

Philip Gioja January 16th, 2006 10:55 PM

Tim -- I sent you an email, just wanted to let you know.

Tim Borek January 17th, 2006 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philip Gioja
Tim -- I sent you an email, just wanted to let you know.

Thank you for your resonse, but I didn't receive the e-mail for some reason, Philip.

Philip Gioja January 17th, 2006 12:55 PM

I resent it, so hopefully it goes through.

If not, I have a small production company near Watseka, IL and do a lot of supporting work for area videographers, and would like a chance to work with you. I have a GL2, Bogen 755b legs w/501 head, fig rig, and Audio Technica 897 shotgun mic w/beachtek adapter.

You can look at my website at www.centerstreetproductions.com, I have a few sample videos there, and I can also send you a demo reel if you are interested.

You can contact me at philip@centerstreetproductions.com, or I sent my phone #s in the email if it goes through.

Tim Borek January 18th, 2006 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philip Gioja
I resent it, so hopefully it goes through.

If not, I have a small production company near Watseka, IL and do a lot of supporting work for area videographers, and would like a chance to work with you. I have a GL2, Bogen 755b legs w/501 head, fig rig, and Audio Technica 897 shotgun mic w/beachtek adapter.

You can look at my website at www.centerstreetproductions.com, I have a few sample videos there, and I can also send you a demo reel if you are interested.

You can contact me at philip@centerstreetproductions.com, or I sent my phone #s in the email if it goes through.

The e-mail did not come through. (Probably due to my Profile settings or unnecessary ISP blocking. Sorry!) I'll check out your site and email you directly. We can discuss this further off forum.

Thanks!

T.J.

Brad Simmons January 18th, 2006 05:40 PM

Looking for Sound Mixer in DC

Hello,

Fusion Arena Productions is looking for a sound mixer for an upcoming music video shoot on January 27th. We will need a sound mixer for multiple projects, but this is the first one. Ideally we'd like someone with a laptop and a sound program like Pro Tools that they can hook up to the band's soundboard to get the best quality audio. Please contact Brad Simmons if you are interested. We are located in Washington, DC. Thanks!

James Emory January 18th, 2006 09:45 PM

Shannon. I noticed that you or someone has post another crew call on Craig's List for your project in Atlanta. I sent you two messages with my info and gear (if needed) and I replied to your initial post above. Did you get my messages? Thanks.