Helping Hands from 2006 - Page 31 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old May 31st, 2006, 09:58 AM   #451
Regular Crew

Let me do your 8mm/Super 8mm Old Film Transfers

Hello again,

Last fall I posted the following job search and had positive results and new friends made, by working out a deal with 2 videographers here that helped us both make $$$ last fall and this past Spring, and hopefully for many more months/years to come!

So I thought I would post this again:

I am looking to add more work for my company and am offering my services of transferring 8mm/Super 8mm home movie reels/film to DVD. I currently offer this in my area of SE Missouri but it isn't quit enough to keep me busy full-time.

If anyone is sick of doing their film transfers themselves and want me to take them on, please send me an email. I can share my current pricing, what I would be willing to do the extra work for, and even send out a sample of my work to show I do have good quality transfers.

Plus, you are also welcome to snope around my website and read how I put it together:

http://www.katchvideo.com/8mmmovietransferspage.html

My email address is: kathy@katchvideo.com if you are interested in contacting me.

Thanks,
Kathy
Old May 31st, 2006, 11:32 AM   #452
Tourist

Woodstock Footage Needed

To anyone reading this. I'm filming a low budget indie and I have the need for 20 seconds of 60's or 70's outdoor music festival footage that could be, or could pass for Woodstock in 1969. I've found houses that have the footage but it would cost around $1200 for the footage I need. As you're most aware, that's a considerable amount for a lo-low buget indie. Any help would be appreciated.
Old May 31st, 2006, 12:05 PM   #453
Regular Crew

Vancouver BC (Maple Ridge) for June 3

Need 2nd camera operator with 3CCD camera to help me film a firefighter's funeral this Saturday. Full honour parade through town and then church service. 4 hours, $150.

Chris@McKee.net
604-828-6066
Old May 31st, 2006, 12:16 PM   #454
Regular Crew

Editor needed for 'making-of'

'Leave it to Chance' (www.leaveittochance.info) is a feature that has been touring festivals for the past year. We have a DVD distributor lined up, but still need the 'making-of' edited together. Target time in 15-20 mins... we are looking for someone with their own editing system, but we will provide storage if needed. An editor in California is preferred, but it might be possible to work out a workflow with someone in another area. If you're interested, please shoot me an email.
Old May 31st, 2006, 01:50 PM   #455
Major Player

Seeking DC area DP with 35mm Adapter

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a talented DP for a short film shoot towards the end of June. I'd really like to find someone with good experience using a 35mm adapter, who has a great artistic eye for narrative films, and who is quick.

Post here, or email me through the link on my name in the post heading... If you have a reel on line that'd be great... if not I'll send you my address to mail it.

The plan is to shoot one weekend per month for a continuing project. We definitely have budget for the first, the rest we have to find out.

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Old May 31st, 2006, 11:37 PM   #456
Showreel Magazine UK

Help at Cinegear

We are exhibiting at Cinegear this year and are looking for someone in the LA area to look after our booth for the two days of the event - June 23 and 24.

This would suit a new filmmaker/student who is confident, friendly and has some experience of dealing with the public.

The job will entail answering basic questions about the magazine, giving away free copies and taking messages for the other members of the team.

We will pay $100.00 per day, provide lunch and networking opportunites for the right person.

If you are interested please email denise@showreel.org and tell us about yourself.

Denise Haskew
Showreel Magazine
www.showreel.org
Old June 1st, 2006, 06:10 PM   #457
Major Player

need to get my premire pro project mixed.

i have a project that neends to be correctly mixed and i have no bloody clue.

Need somoene who can help me or mix it for me, paid gig, limited budget.

email me at saturnin9 at hotmail.com

thanx

Vancovuer, lower mainland area.

Last edited by Saturnin Kondratiew; June 2nd, 2006 at 09:32 AM.
Old June 2nd, 2006, 03:57 AM   #458
New Boot

New horror scripts

Hi

I have some new horror scripts available

More info here:
http://www.horror-scripts.com
Old June 4th, 2006, 01:09 PM   #459
Major Player

i found someone..thanx
Old June 4th, 2006, 09:46 PM   #460
New Boot

DP Help for a short project in DFW

Hi, we're in need for a DP help on a short DV project in Dallas area.
We're looking at probably July time frame for shooting.
Please reply vnguyen972@yahoo.com
Thank you.
Old June 5th, 2006, 05:02 PM   #461
Major Player

FX Comedy Competition

Wasn't sure where to put this, but it has to do with shooting so...

I want to enter this competition, but was wondering on what exactly to submit, and was wondering if someone can help me out.

They want a 3-5 Miunte Presentation Submission. That is all the information they really give. I wasn't sure if they wanted a scene or a pitch or a little of both? I am planning on doing a little of both, but was hoping for a little help if anyone knows what should be submitted.

http://www.myspace.com/sunnyfx
Old June 5th, 2006, 06:22 PM   #462
Regular Crew

FCP Editor, Sacramento

Wanted: Editor with extensive FCP experience in Sacramento. Must have at least 2 years experience with FCP and Photoshop. AE, Motion, DVD StudioPro and/or HTML skills a plus. $10-13 per hour DOE.

Please respond to Mike at info@jensenvideo.com
www.jensenvideo.com
Old June 5th, 2006, 06:55 PM   #463
New Boot

Feature-length Comedy

I'm planning a 12-day shoot at the end of July/August in El Paso, TX for Sundance submission. It is an original comedy loosely inspired by Napolean Dynamite and Beverly Hills Ninja.

Will be shot with the HVX200 and M2 35mm adaptor, Arri lights and HMIs, etc. No pay available except travel/food/lodging. Completely self-funded on a micro-budget but the production standards will be high and the project run professionally. If you're looking to gain experience and will have the time available then please contact me.

Thanks!
brooksilver@brooksilver.com
Old June 6th, 2006, 08:55 AM   #464
Regular Crew

Looking to Rent Sony A1 for the weekend

Hi,

I'm looking to rent a Sony A1 (preferably Euro model with 50i, but USA version is fine too) for this weekend. My cousin is getting married and I'd like to have a small camera there to help document it.

Email me and let me know what you think is a fair rate for pickup Friday and return Monday. I have a Z1, but that will be too large.

matthew.groff@gmail.com

mg
Old June 6th, 2006, 11:12 AM   #465
Trustee

Steve, are you in the Atlanta area? There is a craigslist post that seems to match what you are asking for (or it is your competition.) I know I would be much more willing to work with a DVInfo-er than an anonymous Craigslist entry. :D

I would say shoot a 4 minute pilot if you have the idea developed that far. Add an outline that explains what, who, when, where, why.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands