Helping Hands from 2006 - Page 38 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old June 28th, 2006, 03:06 PM   #556
Regular Crew

Budget to shoot in Rio -- anyone?

We may be shooting a half-hour infomercial in Rio in the next six months. I'll probably take a cameraman and hostess from here in LA but want to get everyone else locally, including sound, gaffer, makeup/hair -- and a lot of beautiful girls in bikinis for a big beach party sequence. So I need some casting help.

Anyone familiar with working in Brazil, and able to help advise me, put me in touch with some local contacts so I can figure what things cost and how I should budget? Really need some help on that.

Thanks!
Old June 29th, 2006, 05:12 AM   #557
Trustee

There was a guy who used to post here named Shannon Rawls he has a small production company based out of L.A. and I know he's done some music video work.

His website is www.shannonrawls.com (or www.cinemahill.com/shannonrawls) there should be a way to contact him through the site. If not contact me and i'll give you his address.
Old June 29th, 2006, 05:51 AM   #558
Regular Crew

Thanks. I'm also beeing contacted by someone else through this site. A great help.
Old June 29th, 2006, 08:58 AM   #559
Major Player

I'm right down the creek from your shoot, unfortunately I've booked a wedding for Saturday, but might be free on Sunday if you would be interested in that. Email me if you still need help, you can check out my website too at www.centerstreetproductions.com.

I looked at your website -- looks like a fun project.
Old June 29th, 2006, 09:02 AM   #560
Major Player

wildlife videographer

Mossy Oak Productions has an opening for a full time field producer. Must be capable of relocating to Mississippi. Please send resumes to mmccloskey@mossyoak.com
Old June 29th, 2006, 11:12 AM   #561
Major Player

Philip:

Thank you for your offer. I have sent an email. Let me know if you received it. My forum login timed out and I had to log back in and I'm not sure if the email went through.
Old June 30th, 2006, 02:23 PM   #562
Regular Crew

I think that Bill broke it all down pretty well.

One thing I like to keep in mind is that my hourly rate needs to pay for many other things than just when I am working on video. It needs to pay the rent (both at home and for the studio), it needs to pay for insurance (both for me, and those that work for me and also liability should someone working for me set the filming location on fire), insurance for my equipment and the cost/replacement of the equipment, time spent not shooting but marketing, making sales calls, paying bills, advertising, etc., etc. Some would suggest that you should at least double to 2 1/2 times what you actually want to make per hour because of the overhead expenses and time you need to spend doing these other, related tasks. All of this (in the US) should be based on a 40 hour week where you get "rewarded" for working longer hours.

This should only be tempered by what the market will bear and what your customers feel that you are worth. It is possible to make good money but still not be profitable or wind up making less than a minimum living wage. I just won't set up my equipment and almost pay someone to let me do it, unless I feel that I am involved in either "truly" building my business (I avoid low wage deals where the benefit is more of the same kind of work) or I am involved in something I "truly" believe in or have a stake in.

Good Luck!
Old July 1st, 2006, 06:21 AM   #563
Regular Crew

Thanx guys, helps a lot!

Greetings Niels
Old July 1st, 2006, 05:20 PM   #564
New Boot

Thanks TIP!!!

That is an extremely useful link. it really simplifies and clarifies the issue.
Old July 2nd, 2006, 06:33 PM   #565
2nd Unit TV

Music Needed for DVInfo forum shows

We're looking to add original music to the shows we're doing at 2nd-Unit.tv which has a new forum in this DVInfo under New Additions. Your music will be used to underscore the episodes we do with various producers, directors and DPs. The mnth of August has Miami Vice's Michael Mann, The Island's Michael Bay, Pirates of the Caribbean's Raphael Sanchez and 24's Rodney Charters. Your music will be featured in the shows with credits and we have a royalty program for the quarterly DVDs and weekly i-Pod segments that are coming in a few months when we gather sufficient content. Please let us know if you create original music that we can incorporate and would like to participate.
Old July 3rd, 2006, 09:54 AM   #566
Major Player

Cameraman needed in Paris July 31

I am shooting wedding in Paris, I need a socond Cameraman with either Canon H1 or Sony FX1 or Z1 for a full day job. Price can be discussed, email me powernow@mail.ru Regards, Oleg.
Old July 3rd, 2006, 04:17 PM   #567
Major Player

You can see if a company by the name of Blowup Productions is still in business. I worked with them about 15 years ago and they arranged everything for the commercial we shot in Rio. Maria Rodriguez, who played the Girl From Ipanema in the film, worked with them and met us at the airport. She's great as well. This is old info but they may be still around.
Old July 4th, 2006, 11:31 AM   #568
MPS Digital Studios

Need a costume designer

I need anyone who can help me with some costumes for <a href= http://www.904am.com>my movie</a> that shoots in early August. Simple stuff, actually. Email me if you can do it, or you know someone who can. I just need three specific long-sleeve shirts made.

Thanks,

heath
Old July 5th, 2006, 11:39 AM   #569
Major Player

Job with Mossy Oak Productions has been filled. Thanks Mike McCloskey
Old July 6th, 2006, 09:05 PM   #570
New Boot

Project update

We are still lacking a few significant roles and many crew positions.

CAST:

Witch's apprentice: Dark hair, female, twentyish, attractive. Must have acting skills.

Half-elven witch as a child: (7-10 age range) Female, dark hair. For two short scenes.

Nerd: Male, twenties or thirties, thin, must have acting skills.

CREW:

Most urgently needed: Sound Man/boom operator, experienced preferred.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands