Helping Hands from 2006 - Page 40 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old July 13th, 2006, 10:31 AM   #586
New Boot

Reality TV shoot Sept. 4 needs crew

Hi everyone. We are currently crewing up for a reality show for a national network. The job will be in Kennedyville Maryland, about 15 minutes from Dover Delaware. Any assistance would be appreciated. We need help on the following. Email me at videokick@yahoo.com if you can help. Thanks in advance. The shoot is planned to start Sept. 4th.

Rentals
3 – 5 Digital Beta cameras
Minimal light package
Some grip equipment
Sound equipment

Crew
3 - 5 camera operators
1 – 2 camera assistants
A.D. person
Sound person
1 make up person
2 – 3 gaffres/grips
3 – 4 Pas

Some crew jobs are paid and some of course like the pa’s are for credits on the shoot.
Old July 13th, 2006, 01:13 PM   #587
Regular Crew

everybody thanks for the reactions. At this point we have to wait for a reaction of the company who we are doing this for to see how things wil go. And we are also already talking with a company from LA, but we certainly keep y'all in mind if things might change. You are all a great help. Thanks
Old July 13th, 2006, 04:40 PM   #588
Regular Crew

Need to rent some equipment

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a ringlite, mattebox + filters for the FX1/Z1 here in the UK?

Need them for a few days quite soon.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Chris
Old July 17th, 2006, 01:57 PM   #589
2nd Unit TV

Wednesday Paid Gig; Soundman Needed

Need a sound man for a shoot day adfter tomorrow, Wednesday. We're shooting David Tatersall of Star Wars and Con Air fame and our regular man, Tip McPartland, is out of town. Paid gig. Any takers? The show is 2nd Unit which can be found on this site under New Additions. PLease PM or e-maiul me.
Old July 17th, 2006, 09:34 PM   #590
New Boot

Locations needed

We are looking for the following sorts of locations for our project:

A cubicle farm, or call center with mini-cubes. The more unpleasant the better, but any will do.

A small rustic cottage, the more medeival looking the better, the more secluded the better.

Interior rooms that could be used as castle dungeons, a large room fore the throneroom of a castle, and intervening corridoors and staircases.

If anyone has access to these sorts of locations (Free!) please let us know!
Old July 18th, 2006, 05:21 PM   #591
Major Player

Houston Area Videographer

I am available in the Houston area to assist as second or third camera in weddings or any other events. Experienced.

Equipment: DSR 390, wireless mike (senn.)
Old July 18th, 2006, 09:38 PM   #592
Major Player

Need to rent an XL1 or 2, or comparable 3 chip in the San Fernando Valley.

We're shooting a show this weekend in Northridge and need a third camera for Saturday night (call time is 5pm) and Sunday afternoon. We're hoping to find someone who will allow us to use their camera in exchange for our editing services. You'd have your camera back either Sunday night or Monday morning - your choice. Your services as a videographer would not be required, but if you wanted to join us - you'd be welcome.

Here's Brad's editing resume:
http://www.bradmays.com/editor.html

Demo reel:
http://www.bradmays.com/BradMaysDemoReel.mov

Brad would be happy to cut either a demo reel or even a short for someone. He normally charges $400 for a reel and rarely under $1500 for a short, so it's a good deal for someone who has footage sitting around. If you'd like to make a counter offer, please do.

If you're a beginner videographer who is thinking about doing this, in addition to getting a reel out of it, if you stay around and shoot with us, you'd get an IMDb credit as camera person and a screen credit on a documentary that will likely be broadcast.

Thanks.
Old July 19th, 2006, 02:32 PM   #593
New Boot

Locations needed in AZ

We are looking for the following sorts of locations for our project:

A cubicle farm, or a call center with mini-cubes. The more unpleasant the better, but any will do.

A small rustic cottage, the more medeival looking the better, the more secluded the better, treed area preferrd.

Interior rooms that could be used as castle dungeons, a large room for the throneroom of a castle, and intervening corridoors and staircases.

If anyone has access to these sorts of locations (Free!) please let us know!

For more info on the project, check out the thread:

----- Arizona No-Budget Comedy/Fantasy Film ------

or the project website: www.officequestmovie.com

Thanks!

~David~
Old July 19th, 2006, 06:35 PM   #594
Trustee

I live in MD and can't help you with the locations but--

I visited your website and noticed that you might intend to print your finished movie to film. I thought I might warn you, after reading of your budget woes, that depending on the length of the film, a film print will cost you thousands of dollars, is extremely time-consuming (you must go through your movie scene-by-scene with a colorist) and is generally useless unless you intend to generate revenue (assumedly enough to pay back the price of the film print) at a local theater (which depending on your location can be very difficult and expensive to rent out).

Just a heads up.
Old July 19th, 2006, 09:38 PM   #595
Regular Crew

short horror film in ont.canada

Hello all

we are going to be shooting a short film in st.catharines ontario in the next few weeks if there is any interest we need two main actors male and one two extras and always welcome help behnd the camera.

the film is original and part of two other short films making a three part story..here is the teaser for now

www.myspace.com/regretfilm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WKvbNPyXdQ

check it out and the script is avalible with more details email to pmander@cogeco.ca

Pete
Old July 21st, 2006, 05:59 PM   #596
Regular Crew

wazz the matter?

CHICKEN!!

LOL
Old July 21st, 2006, 10:12 PM   #597
Trustee

DP with 20 years exp, HD100 package + Lights, WI/IL

I've been shooting for 20 years, around the world. NY, LA, Vegas, Caribbean, Europe, big cities / venues (MSG, Lincoln Center, Nassau Coliseum, Cesar’s Palace, ect) and the middle of nowhere without running water or power for weeks at a time. 35mm, 16mm, HDcam, DVCpro HD, digibeta, betaSP, DV, just about every format out there. Multicam, single cam, worked as a LD in a TV station in NY for 3 years, won several awards for lighting at that job.

My current camera package is the JVC HD100 (HD or SD 30/25/24fps 4:3 16:9) with 2 channels of wireless, AB battery system I can run for 12hrs without a charge, tripod, lighting package of 5-10 lights, assorted grip gear, gels & expendables, ladder, full size van. I prefer to work in the central WI area - Wausau, Madison, Appleton, Green Bay but Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Chicago are fine too. No mileage charge within 4 hrs of Wausau. Email for rates and availability. Online reel or DVD mailed.

Also 17" PB with FCP available for location editing, full studio editing facility also available.

Steve Oakley
715 848 4265 steveo@practicali.com
www.practicali.com
Old July 22nd, 2006, 06:14 AM   #598
Regular Crew

New York Area

I am looking for some jobs in NY area, have my own equipment (video HDV + 35mm adapter, FF, audio+, lights, post production)

Check my reel on my web site

www.yayofilms.com

For more examples (long form: documentaries and corporate) contact me by email
albert@yayofilms.com

Thanks
Albert Rudnicki
Old July 22nd, 2006, 08:20 AM   #599
Regular Crew

Any UK publications where I can find work?

I've just graduated university in the UK with a 1st in film and media and I'm looking for work with a production company.

I'm happy to start making tea as long as I can work my way up in the project development side of a production company.

Does anyone know of any publications that will advertise job opportunities in this field?

Thank you

Alex Butterfield
Old July 22nd, 2006, 03:02 PM   #600
Major Player

Location Advice Needed-HELP (LA/OC)

Hey all.
I'm looking for advice for an upcoming short that I'm doing. I'm hoping there's a no budget/no insurance set I can rent for 2 days. Most set rental requires 1M worth of insurance, which seems to be about $2700. Does anyone know of a place up in/around LA that maybe pads the insurance cost in the bill, like when renting lighting equip?

I'm specifically looking for a hospital and motel set.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands