Helping Hands from 2006 - Page 42 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old July 28th, 2006, 09:57 AM   #616
Regular Crew

Hi Folks, SE Michigan

Hi all. Although I've been perusing this site picking up kool ideas for a while, this is my first post.

I have a gig coming up in a couple of weeks (Aug 12, 13) I might need some help on.

SUMMARY:
May be able to use additional camera and operator to occupy a station all day. At the end of the day I will buy/trade tapes from you and pay you for the day--1099. Don't have the info/hours to calculate the numbers yet but we are probably talking $200-$300.

DISCUSSION:
It is an equestrian competition being held not very far from the Oakland county line a little outside of the greater Detroit area or it might be called SE Michigan. The competition runs Saturday and Sunday but your help would probably be for only one of those days.

Saturday (7/29/06) I am going to the site with my equestrian technical consultant to evaluate the overall picture with the help of the promoters. This is not an easy task as these tracks almost always have different skill level tracks superimposed over each other not to mention hills and trees everywhere. We've worked their shows before and they really like our work so they are anxious to accommodate our needs. We've just never done this particular site.

The evaluation may determine that it is cost-effective to add additional resources. If so I would like to have a couple of arrows in my quiver (videographers) that I can draw upon.

The job is pretty simple. Take up your station with your camcorder & tri-mono/pod for a day or period of time and video horse and riders as they pass by. It would be really great if you could video in HD 1080i as we already have two or maybe three camcorders running that format. The competition runs different skill levels and corresponding tracks superimposed over each other so it will probably be necessary to take up new positions a couple of times. I can give you tapes at the beginning of the day or you can use your own and I will buy them from you or trade you, your option.

We do a 1099 operation for pay. I'll pay you at the end of the day in trade for tapes. I don't have the exact numbers now but we are probably talking $200-$300. You would need to have some means to document work you've done. We'll need references to give us assurance that you do what you say you will do and be where you say you will be. That is CRITICAL for our operation. We cannot afford to let our customers down. Photo skill level is secondary. In fact, we use some who know a lot about horses but little of video. I give them the equipment and training.

The evaluation we do Saturday is not an exact science. We try to understand the track(s) and identify what we can do given the resources available. The promoters usually have high interest in some areas and minimal in others. If it turns out that we don't have resources to cover high interest areas we then will try to bring in additional resources if the resulting customer cost is still viable. It's a balancing act.

But even if we don't need to add resources for this particular gig it would still be great hearing from you and have you in our quiver for the future if you are local to SE Michigan.
Old July 28th, 2006, 10:18 PM   #617
Major Player

I'm in Lansing, but Oakland County is only about 1 hour. I shoot with Sony FX1's and don't have anything booked yet for that weekend. If you are still looking for help shoot me an email.
Old July 30th, 2006, 02:57 PM   #618
Regular Crew

Phoenix Area

I am thinking about shooting a no-budget short in the Phoenix area. It would probably involve a 2-day shoot over a weekend. I'm looking for a DP and a Sound person who has some experience, a burning desire to learn more and would like to participate in the production of an outstanding short with film festival potential. If your interested drop me a note.

Mickey Stroud,
Director/Producer
Cactus Cafe
www.independentfilmforum.com
Old July 30th, 2006, 04:41 PM   #619
Regular Crew

I really love the last shot with that blood appearing!

Maybe if you collor correct it so the colors get extracted and make it a little darker it might give a cool effect...
Old July 30th, 2006, 05:52 PM   #620
Regular Crew

craigslist, at least in a good sized market like NY, LA or SF, is actually a decent resource. I tend get a fair amount of jobs off there, however you have to realize that you are up against a large amount of people so your resume really has to scream "hire me". You also have to convince your prospective clients, that you are worth more than all the undercutters and $150 a day shooters on there.

ALSO, if you do take a craigslist client, and they aren't a reputable company, make sure to try and get half you fee up front. That being said, I have got some really sweet gigs off there that have blossomed in to great business relationships.
Old July 31st, 2006, 01:00 PM   #621
Regular Crew

can i visit your set? pls.....

I wanted to know if anyone out there was currently shooting or planning to shoot a project in the near future using their HVX, and if so, I wanted to know if I could come watch how the work flow goes for about 20 minutes to an hour.

I promise not to get in the way of shooting. I just want to see it all in action.

I live in NJ/NY/PA area and am available pretty much at your convenience.
If anyone would be so kind as to take me under their wing for 20-60 minutes for one day, I would very much appreciate it.

I am planning on shooting my own project in Sept/October and wanted to see first hand how these puzzle pieces should (ideally) fit together.

Please drop me an email. Thank you all so much!
Old July 31st, 2006, 03:20 PM   #622
New Boot

Costa Mesa California

Hi Everyone,

Im in Costa Mesa California and have a new XL2 and Final Cut Studio Pro 5.1 setup if anyone needs any help on their projects. My partner also is a 2D animator, graphic artist and Photoshop wiz. We are currently looking for any exciting projects in the area that might be able to utilize us and our equipment for freelance work, collaboration or anything like that. You can contact me at tyorkca@mac.com

Thanks,

Tom York
Old August 1st, 2006, 03:37 PM   #623
DV Rig Pro

DvMultiRig Demonstrators at IBC2006

We are looking for few shooters with their cameras to help demo. the DvMultiRig, DvRigPro and our other products at IBC 2006, September, Amsterdam, Holland.

You will get a free DvMultiRig or DvRigPro. for the time you spend with us.

Mail me with full details about yourselves and a full body photo: natovich@inter.net.il

The job is good for those of you that can provide their own travel and accomodation arrangments.

You can work full or part time (Min. 2 days) in any case, you will be given free time to visit the show.

Last edited by Danny Natovich; August 2nd, 2006 at 12:46 AM.
Old August 1st, 2006, 07:48 PM   #624
Major Player

Nice post Ron, hope someone helps you out..
Old August 2nd, 2006, 07:13 AM   #625
New Boot

Cameraman needed in New Mexico/AZ-Sept.

Cameraman needed for a 6 day shoot in Eastern New Mexico/Arizona for the first week of Sept. Work four hours per day. Must be experienced in sports shooting and beta-cams dk011@sw.rr.com
Old August 2nd, 2006, 07:18 AM   #626
New Boot

Cameraman needed in Okla. / Las Vegas

Cameraman need in Oklahoma City for 7 day shoot the last week of Oct.
Also need a cameraman for the first weekend of Dec. in Las Vegas. Experience in shooting sports a plus. dk011@sw.rr.com
Old August 2nd, 2006, 12:24 PM   #627
Regular Crew

Need to rent a JVC GY-HD100U(A) in NYC...

Anyone know of a rental house in Manhattan that has the JVC camera available for rent?

...for years, whenever we have had to do a two-camera shoot we have always rented the second camera at "PAL EAST" in NYC - GREAT people (even if we did not need PAL!) - so great we don't know anyone else's name!! Unfortunately, PAL EAST has not yet purchased the JVC GY-HD100U(A) or HD110, so here we sit with ONE JVC 720p camera and needing a second, for Saturday August 19th. The whole shoot will be in a lovely air-conditioned theater in Greenwich Village. Please call me on 212 772 7107.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 04:35 PM   #628
Major Player

I live here in Phoenix (Born and raised) and might be interested in workng on your short
I have the JVC HD100ua camera, AT897 mic, and all kinds of extras.
E-mail me with more info
Thanks Joe Bowey.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 04:48 PM   #629
Major Player

Too bad you can,t use another cameraman. I live in glendale and have a JVCHD100ua camera that is not getting much use. It shoots incredile HD 720 24p film like process. It can transfer to fill easily.
E-mail me if I can be of some service. I also know a actor who might fit the bill as a biker type you were looking for. he has been in a oscar winniing movie and is excellent.
Good luck, Joe Bowey
Old August 3rd, 2006, 11:23 AM   #630
Regular Crew

this one?

how about this one...fixed it up abit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMH264RMRzI
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands