Helping Hands from 2006 - Page 43 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old August 3rd, 2006, 08:05 PM   #631
Regular Crew

Where can I look for "an Editor"?

Hello Folks,

Once again I need your advice and if possible your help here :) Im getting ready to shoot a shoot my short film @ the beging of Sept in Montreal, Canada.. It's a 3 day shoot.... My issue here is in post production, my editor friend in Montreal is busy and unable to work with me on my short.

Where should I look for an editor? Do you suggest Mandy.com ? And if I do find an editor, should I make sure he's in the same city as me???

I'd really appreciate your opinion

Many thanks,
Joey Dee

Last edited by Joey Dee; August 3rd, 2006 at 09:07 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 10:22 PM   #632
Tourist

Mattebox for HD camera

Hi,
can any body assist which type of Mattebox, Bridge plate, Follow Focus system are suitable for the Panasonic HDC-27 with Fujinon 22x7.8 (100mm) and Digiprime Lens (95mm)?

Someone told me that I can use the Chrosziel Compact wide angle housing (CWAH-1FC) with Compact Filter Holder unit (CF-MB/ST) for 4x4 filters?

Regards,
Ernest
Old August 3rd, 2006, 11:53 PM   #633
Tourist

Experienced film-maker looking for a new job

I am a 29 year old citizen of the U.S. with international production experience; I currently work at Bars Media, a documentary film studio in Yerevan Armenia, but am looking for my next job. I have experience in all aspects of production and would be a valuable addition to your team. If you have any openings I would like to send you my CV, please contact me at dhayesblanchard”at”gmail.com
Old August 4th, 2006, 08:45 AM   #634
New Boot

FT editor/shooter in BC Canada

Media Button (Kelowna B.C. Canada) is an established Multi Media Company with web, design, audio and video services.
Our video division primarily serves quality promotion, corporate, commercial, training and documentary style video for dvd, web, broadcast.
We are seeking a creative, talented and experienced editor with skill sets in a variety of area's of video. Strong communication, organization skills with the ability to work within a team and independently are required.

Qualifications include:
Well versed in at least one of these Video editing software(s) (Vegas, final cut/adobe)
Plus:
Photoshop
Illustrator
On location experience and shooting ability a definite asset.

Preferred Knowledge:
Adobe After-Effects
Adobe Audition (cool edit pro)
Adobe Illustrator
Sony DVD
DVD authoring
Boris Red

Beneficial (but not necessary skills)
Print/web design knowledge
Basic animation
Flash

We would also consider a more experienced shooter with knowledge of audio,lighting and basic other on location knowledge with moderate (not beginner) editing skills.

Full time available
Location: Kelowna BC Canada (about 4 hours east of Vancouver)

Please forward resumes to jobs@mediabutton.com
Old August 5th, 2006, 03:36 PM   #635
DV Rig Pro

Many of you asked: "When will you get your free MultiRig", You will get it by the end of the show, at the show.
Old August 5th, 2006, 06:06 PM   #636
Regular Crew

So my question is, no one knows where I could try to look for an editor?

Thanks,
JOey Dee
Old August 5th, 2006, 08:04 PM   #637
Major Player

Mandy is a good place to look for an editor;

as is Craig's List. For a short, I see no particular advantage to the person being in the same location as you. Cuts can be sent over the internet until you have the cut you want. It's a little tougher with a feature. Even if you don't have a big post budget, put it out there. Sometimes brilliant editors have time open, and take on a project they normally wouldn't. If you have anything over a few hundred to spend, demand that the person have a real resume. I'm always blown away by people who hire inexperienced editors when they have money for post.

Check us out. We're editors in LA. If you're interested, drop us a line.
http://www.bradmays.com
Old August 6th, 2006, 01:08 AM   #638
Major Player

I'd be willing to look at the script, too, and possibly edit it if it is good. :-)

Feel free to email me directly. I've edited a long time including some short films, Discovery shows, commercials, etc.

Thanks.

Kevin
Old August 6th, 2006, 09:52 AM   #639
Regular Crew

Thanks alot fellas...

I really appreciate your feedback.

Lori: The reason why I wanted to work with an editor is because it took me around 6-7 months to work on this short. I've got a total kick ass storyboard which I will post a snapshot of all my characters here, for you to look at.

The edits aren't crazy at all just some color correction, we're ganna use Twixtor for 1 scene... fast cuts...

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i6...hakeedited.jpg

Here's alink to my characters for my storyboard - for someone who has minimal budget or even work for free (i prefer to atleast give some money) what would u suggest fellas?

Thanks fellas,
Joey Dee
Old August 6th, 2006, 12:00 PM   #640
Regular Crew

what kind of editing are you looking for / what do you expect from your editor?
Old August 6th, 2006, 12:09 PM   #641
Regular Crew

i've emailed you
Old August 6th, 2006, 02:38 PM   #642
New Boot

2nd XL2 camera needed

I am filming a live gig in Stonehaven, Scotland on the 19th August and although I could probably get away with one camera it would be better with two.

I am looking for the owner of an XL2 to assist in filming this Celtic band live.

Drop me an email for more info.

Cheers.
Old August 6th, 2006, 03:48 PM   #643
Regular Crew

Hey mates....

The editing simple mates, i mean I want color correction, want to get that dark "guy ritchie look (Snatch, Lock Stock)"

Also fast cuts for my flash back shots - while the dialogue is going on we cut to these shots which are images to reiterate the dialogue
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i6...talk/page6.jpg

And the only major style of editing is "Twixtor" Im not sure if your familiar with twixtor, it's a plug in that speeds/slows the speed of film look at this example: beautiful 1 shot clip no cuts and looks fantastic mate!
http://www.revisionfx.com/rstwixtor/YDKM-10M.mpg

And thats' pretty much it... Im not into heavy graphics, we'll have credits roll @ the end, it's a 10minute short (including credits) shot on Panasonic HVX 200 16:9...

The Storyboard is fantastic, i worked with a storyboard artist for a month and it looks great. The Story itself is great but i dont think its appropriate to post the script & storyboard in public, no?

I mean I really would like to find a great editor to work with on this project, but this is the first time i seek for one online so I dont know how or what are the procedures i guess!

Many thanks,
Joey Dee
Old August 6th, 2006, 08:53 PM   #644
Regular Crew

wow so i guess no one is willing to just let me be a fly on the wall - i dont for see me taking any business from anyone - i just would like to see how its all done.
Old August 7th, 2006, 08:12 AM   #645
Regular Crew

Looking for work in Massachusetts

Sony VX2100. Sony Vegas 6.0d.

Please e-mail me via my profile if you need a 2nd shooter or have an extra wedding gig or two.

Samples and references available.

Thanks.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands