Helping Hands from 2006 - Page 45 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old August 14th, 2006, 03:06 PM   #661
Regular Crew

DP/Cinematographer/Makeup/Sound needed!

Hello,
We're doing a two day shoot for a horror film festival. We already have some great actors/crew attached to this project, but are in need of a few more. Let me know if you're interested, or if you know somebody else that might be.

We need the following positions filled.

Cinematographer (DP)
Makeup
Sound guy
Composer

2 day shoot, filming Sept. 8th, in the High Desert area of California (1 1/2 hours from Los Angeles towards Barstow/Vegas)

Digitalhourent@hotmail.com
Email me w/ rates etc.
Old August 14th, 2006, 10:27 PM   #662
Regular Crew

Nate-

I think you should get involved in a local filmmaking group and do some networking first! Try IndianapolisFilm.NET and offer to help on a group project. You'll learn all of the mistakes that lo/no budget producers make (such as not taking care of people and then losing everyones interest...) and how to avoid making the same mistakes so you can develop a good reputation for yourself. Reputation is key in small midwest film communities. I suggest waiting a little while before making your own films, or at least start with something VERY short, like a 30 second spot or a one minute movie. The lesson to learn here is that progress as a filmmaker comes from completing projects on time no matter what, learning what you did wrong, and then doing it all over again! It's really, really hard to complete anything longer than a couple of minutes, even with "highly committed talent." Things come up, and people walk. There are talented actors in the area who would love to be involved in well organized productions that make them look good and actually get finished. But, you just can't afford not to finish a project. So, try getting involved in someone else's project, learn from their mistakes, make contacts, and then call on them when it's time for you to make your own short film. Ok, So that's not exactly the answer to your question. Try IndianaActors.com... Just remember to start small. That's my advice to you, sir. Sincerely, Brian Wells
Old August 15th, 2006, 12:47 PM   #663
Major Player

Where exactly and which two days?

Tim,

Could you clarify where in the high desert area your shoot is, and since it is a "2-day shoot filming September 8th" I assume that your mean 7th and 8th or 8th and 9th. Which is it?

I also sent you a private e-mail.

Tip McPartland
Old August 15th, 2006, 01:04 PM   #664
DV Rig Pro

Still need another helping hand for IBC.
Old August 15th, 2006, 02:04 PM   #665
Regular Crew

I might be able to help you out, have to check my schedule. (shooting with canon xl1) I'll let you know tomorrow if that's ok , and otherwise i'd might know some other guys to help you out
Old August 15th, 2006, 02:30 PM   #666
DV Rig Pro

Thats good, I prefare local guys, Let me know.
Old August 15th, 2006, 03:04 PM   #667
Regular Crew

Hey Tip,
The 8th and 9th. It is in Victorville.

For some reason I did not get your email.

try this address.

slimsfn@hotmail.com

Thanks, Tim.
Old August 15th, 2006, 06:10 PM   #668
Major Player

WTD: shooter in Vancouver for August 19 and 20

Hi there!

Is anyone free this weekend? I am doing some video shooting of a martial arts seminar for both mornings and afternoons and would love someone to help. Actually to operate the camera.

The topic of the day is tai chi, and how to push people very far, and how to move people without touching them. Sounds strange I know, but this is all from a martial context.

If you are interested in helping this Saturday and Sunday, August 19 and 20, please email me at eb7g@shaw.caNOSPAM.

Ronald
Old August 16th, 2006, 10:13 AM   #669
Regular Crew

On our last project we posted messages up at the local colleges. Most of the replies we got flaked out at some point. The dependable ones came from a local theater group.

One place that might be interesting is meetup.com. I just went to a Philly filmmakers meeting that was organized on that site. Several actors came up to us and asked if we had anything going on that they could work on.
Old August 17th, 2006, 09:18 AM   #670
Regular Crew

I'm afraid , and I'm not going to make it. I can only be there one day, and that day I'm going to check IBC out. I'm sorry. I do try to drop by, I would like to check your rigs out, they look good
Old August 17th, 2006, 09:39 AM   #671
DV Rig Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djee Smit
I'm afraid , and I'm not going to make it. I can only be there one day, and that day I'm going to check IBC out. I'm sorry. I do try to drop by, I would like to check your rigs out, they look good
OK Djee, see you at the show.

Can you think of other way to offer the job to Amsterdam shooters ? A Dutch forum or a local film school...
Old August 17th, 2006, 11:15 AM   #672
Regular Crew

you could try this, www.filmvacatures.nl (dutch for 'film vacancy') it's a site of a dutch film and television organisation. Normally if you post a message, you get a lot of reactions. A lot of people involved in tv and stuff get on that site regularly. I believe it cost 1,30 euro for a message.

If you need any help just say so.(the site is in dutch, but you can post an English message) you can mail me throgh my profile
Old August 17th, 2006, 02:46 PM   #673
Tourist

Looking for 1-man camera crew addition with an interest in Drag Racing (Columbus, OH)

Hey guys,
We are a new video production company called PowerTV. We are covering extensive video coverage of every NMRA & NMCA drag race with same-day video updates throughout the weekend of the race. We will be out in Columbus, OH on August 31st - September 3rd for the 28th Annual Nitto Tire NMRA Ford Expo 2006 at National Trail Raceway. We are currently looking for race fans out there that have some experience with a video camera. Expenses paid! If you are interested please drop me an email and we can talk details. Check it out at nmratv.net.
Old August 18th, 2006, 07:38 PM   #674
Major Player

Looking for some cameramen with own gear in the Montreal area

I posted this on Craig's list but I figured I'd let the fine people of this forum know too.

Basically I'm looking to put a list together of cameramen with their own camera in Montreal to work occasionally on some event gigs. Mostly concerts and shows shot with 2 to 4 cams.

I'm using XL2s myself so I will probably give priority to those with this cam, but anybody else with a decent cam can contact me.

I try to shoot most of my productions in 16:9 / 30p format so a camera with those features is a big plus, but I also shoot some 4:3 stuff from time to time.

What I said on Craig's list is I'm willing to offer around 40$ (CND) per hour with a minimum of 3 hour pay per production and I provide tape stock and extra gear.

Obviously this is not broadcast but low budget productions so there are limits to what I can pay and I'm not expecting to get the best guys in the industry at that price, but you still have to know what you're doing and have a good enough skill level for proper exposure, framing, focusing, stability, etc.

I might want to look at a short demo of your work, nothing fancy, just to judge your skills as a camera op. It can be a Web link though not ideal.

People interested can Email me or call me at 514-885-4799.

David
Old August 18th, 2006, 08:00 PM   #675
Major Player

redrock m2 rental in SF

Anybody know of a rental house that has m2?

Last edited by Amos Kim; August 19th, 2006 at 11:57 AM.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands