Helping Hands from 2006 - Page 47 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old August 24th, 2006, 10:48 AM   #691
Major Player

Editor/Compositor

JOB DETAILS

job title: Editor (Editor/Compositor)

job start: September 24 job end: November 14
total weeks: 7

show name: Reality Golf Show
network: Fox/Comcast Sportsnet

company: Craterlion Productions

job description:

We are looking for editors that can double as graphics/compositors with a very impressive resume. Must be proficient in working with the Adobe production studio. Knowledge in premiere pro 2.0 and after effects 7 is preferred but not required. Any NLE experience is fine but we want to see what you have done in the past and what you will be bringing to us, your reel will obviously represent you.

Anything beyond basic NLE experience(ie, 3dstudio max, maya, combustion/shake) is preferred.

You must have a good deal of industry experience working on name projects. We will require you to work from our offices.

Must have worked on projects that have been televised.

Be involved with a growing company working on various televised network projects.

Job starts on mid september, and rate will start out at 250-300 per day DOE.

Email your resume as well as online links for your reel. if you can't email, please submit a hard copy at the address provided through our site. Thank you.
Old August 24th, 2006, 04:16 PM   #692
Major Player

Make up artist needed in Huntsville, Al

For a one day shoot (only one actress also) on Thursday Aug 31st at Marshall Flight Center. $300.00
Also need a PA for the day $100.00

Last edited by Jerry Porter; August 25th, 2006 at 06:31 AM.
Old August 25th, 2006, 09:37 AM   #693
Major Player

OK does anyone know a makeup artist near the area?
Old August 25th, 2006, 12:08 PM   #694
Tourist

Not sure if you are still looking...

....but I sent you a couple of emails. If there is any way I can help, let me know.
Old August 25th, 2006, 04:49 PM   #695
Tourist

Director Available

Hollywood film director GREG DEROCHIE, represented by GiveMe Entertainment, is available for your next project.* Mr. Derochie has just signed a production deal to direct the feature film SOLITARY based on his own script.* His digital effects work is showcased in the Oscar nominated films SPIDERMAN, SPIDERMAN 2, STUART LITTLE, HOLLOWMAN, and THE LION THE WITCH & THE WARDROBE. His full credits can be viewed at www.formationfilms.com
Old August 26th, 2006, 12:15 PM   #696
Regular Crew

Abbey HD has the Redrock M2

Abbey HD has the Redrock Micro35-II (M2) and Follow Focus available for rent:
http://www.abbeyhd.com/?ref=dvinfo&post=530343

Save 10% off your first order with the code: 10DVI0608
Old August 26th, 2006, 06:40 PM   #697
New Boot

Central New Jersey HVX200...

I am looking for someone in the middle of NJ who has a HVX200 that I could barter some kind of service (legal=) for a days use or so.

I am considering purchasing one, but not for a few mos.
Old August 27th, 2006, 05:51 AM   #698
New Boot

Cheap network... CBS not willing to pay??? Com'on?
Old August 27th, 2006, 08:56 AM   #699
Major Player

I'm in Essex Cty,

but grew up in Monmouth. E-mail me with particulars/details, e.g. date, time, length of shoot, expectations/intended subject, equipment needed, etc. I have some limitations to my schedule, but maybe we can work out something convenient.

denis@webbrokers.com
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.
Old August 27th, 2006, 09:49 PM   #700
Regular Crew

REDROCK In Bay Area

Forget Redrock and get the mini35 PS Technik adapter from John Chater in Berkeley. http://www.chatercamera.com/ - its all there. Good luck.
Point Zero Pictures
http://www.pointzeropictures.com
Old August 28th, 2006, 04:14 PM   #701
Regular Crew

DP needed for unpaid work in LA

Hi everyone, I'm a junior over at USC and am planning to shoot a short in a month or so. The problem is that we don't have a DP and the people in school have been flaking at last minute, which is why I'm here.

The short will be an action/thriller. We'll be filming in HD using the HVR-Z1U and the M2 adapter from Redrock together with their follow focus. Filming will only be done on weekends (mostly Saturdays) and I expect shooting to be done within 3-5 months.

The work will be unpaid since I'm a student but meals will be provided. We're not looking for anyone experienced, but a little knowledge with the abovementioned equipment would be useful. If interested to find out more, please respond or leave a pm. Thanks!
Old August 28th, 2006, 06:16 PM   #702
Obstreperous Rex

Hi Martin, just curious if you've established a target for the running time of your short... is it 30 minutes, 45 or 60 minutes or longer perhaps? The reason I ask is because you're indicating a three to five month shooting schedule. Even if that's Saturdays only, it still adds up to somewhere between twelve to twenty shooting days. Some folks can knock out a feature in that much time. I'm not knocking your anticipated schedule, nor do I have any idea what you're planning for in terms of your shooting ratio, but... three to five months worth of weekends sure seems like a mighty stretch of time for a short film.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old August 29th, 2006, 12:56 AM   #703
Regular Crew

Hey Chris, I estimate the total running time to be about 30 minutes. The reason I said 3-5 months is because most of the crew are still quite inexperienced. Add to that the fact that we might not be able to film on every Saturdays so yeah.
Old August 29th, 2006, 08:55 AM   #704
Major Player

Bill,

contact me via private msg.

FYI: That includes... Corpus Christi, Galveston, Houston, Beaumont/ Lake Charles, Lafayette, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Biloxi, Mobile, Penscola, Ft. Walton, Panama City... Any every little city and town in between.

If you need anything, Let's talk...
Old August 29th, 2006, 11:43 PM   #705
Trustee

Brent,
I'm in Fort lauderdale and avialable if you need help with shooting, location sound, etc. Canon XL2, Sony FX1, full sound rig.
Bruce S. Yarock
www.yarock.com
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands