DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2006 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/19553-helping-hands-2006-a.html)

Jim Justice September 6th, 2006 06:58 AM

HELP WANTED - VIDEOGRAPHER w/ XL1s / XL2 IN NYC

We are looking for an XL1s /XL2/GL1/2 owner videographer for a live concert shoot in Brooklyn New York on Saturday 9/9!!! If interested, contact me ASAP @ jimjustice@flatbrokeproductions.com

Tom McDougal September 6th, 2006 09:27 AM

Help Wanted - Long Island, New York - Sunday 9/17

Looking for 2 cameras (perfer GL2 or any helping camera) between the hours of 12-5 in Melville right off the LIE for a talk show style shoot.

If you have wireless gear, that is even better.
please email via DVInfo for more infomation....

Jim Montgomery September 6th, 2006 10:08 AM

Mike

I am going to try and get it. A 24 lb fish on 4 lb.....I don't know....

I am still waiting to catch that Marlin on fly. December is the time to do it.

I guess everyone is buried in work, not one response. Who doesn't want to go fish in the middle of winter?

Go figure.

Jim

Mike Teutsch September 6th, 2006 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Montgomery
Mike

I am going to try and get it. A 24 lb fish on 4 lb.....I don't know....

I am still waiting to catch that Marlin on fly. December is the time to do it.

I guess everyone is buried in work, not one response. Who doesn't want to go fish in the middle of winter?

Go figure.

Jim

Well, with Jack at the controls, I think you have a good chance at the dolphin. Too bad you couldn't get a fly to that little blue that I caught last time, he was a good size for the purpose.

Let me know if I can help, and you have access to all of my equipment if you should need it.

Mike

Ken Diewert September 6th, 2006 12:33 PM

Hey Jim,

There is a possibility I might be able to help. I'm going to be in Costa Rica for a month from early January with my XLH1. I might be able to stretch the departure date into December. I've fished 25 miles offshore (West Coast of Canada) and shot from a heck of alot smaller boats than yours (while steering even). In fact I think your cockpit is almost as big as my boat.

I'll send up some sample footage to YouTube.

John Friedel September 6th, 2006 01:25 PM

Volunteer Soundperson needed for Indy Video

We are an independent movie production company looking for a
volunteer Sound person to join our crew. Must be able to work at various locations in and around Nassau and Suffolk (Long Island).

Unfortunately, there is no pay but credit, copy and a percentage is offered and it's a chance to build your resume on a collaborative project . The film is already cast and ready to go and we do almost all our shooting on Saturdays.
If you're interested in honing your skills, working with a great cast and crew and being a contributing member of the project and possibly part of the crew, we're interested in talking with you.

Email us at Falcon857@optonline.net for a time we can get together to discuss the details.

Thank You
John

Dharma Singh September 7th, 2006 02:41 AM

For production in India

Hi,
I am a freelance wildlife filmmaker and naturalist, committed towards wildlife and environment conservation, residing in India.I can research on any subject you require information on and send you research/scout footage with Canon XL2 which might help you take decisions regarding production and also fix locations and crew for the same.
My key skills include developing and research/scouting concepts based on wildlife and environmental issues, scripting, producing, shooting, and editing. I have sound knowledge of birds and mammals of the Indian subcontinent.
If you have any requirements please mail me at
dharma.singh@gmail.com

Regards
Dharma

Mike Cavanaugh September 7th, 2006 09:14 AM

Outdoor Videographers - Full time jobs

Just passing on a post - I've worked with these folks before - you have to be good, professional and very much into the outdoors. Don't respond to me with follow up, I don't have any more information.

Video Producer/Editor/Photojournalist (2 openings)
The National Wild Turkey Federation is seeking two qualified candidates to shoot, produce and edit their nationally aired TV shows Get in the Game and Turkey Country. Both shows air nationally on The Outdoor Channel. Strong shooting and editing skills a must (AVID experience preferred). Optimal candidate has three to five years professional video production experience and is knowledgeable about hunting and land management. Relocation to Edgefield area is required. Send DVD as well as resume and cover letter with salary expectations to:

Human Resource Department
National Wild Turkey Federation
PO Box 530
Edgefield, SC 29824
Fax: (803) 637-9170

No phone calls, please.

Jim Montgomery September 8th, 2006 06:17 AM

Spot has been filled. Appreciate all the replys.

Jim Montgomery

Marcin Wilczek September 8th, 2006 11:26 AM

Experienced Manhattan-based wedding videographer.

Hello!

My name is Marcin Wilczek. I am an experienced Manhattan-based wedding videographer with full equipment.
If you need 1st cameraman or 2nd I'll be more that happy help you out!

Please feel free to contact me if you have ANY questions. I look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,
Marcin Wilczek

Ken Grohs September 10th, 2006 08:32 AM

Whoever is doing your shooting gig needs to monitor audio better....over-saturating pretty good in your sample vids.

Have fun.

Jay C Masters September 11th, 2006 08:21 AM

Need a XL H1 for Spet 23-24

What's up guys and gals.

I'm shooting a HD horror short in Hainesport, NJ on Sept 23-24 and I need a second unit. A person who owns the Cannon XL H1. If anyone here owns a Canon XL H1 and lives in or around central NJ let me know. Would love to have you join us.

Weekend shoot
2 day shoot
2 locations
Sept 23rd and 24th

comp. $300.00+ food, great people and more work after this short.

Jay_zero1@yahoo.com

www.beans.tv

Andre De Clercq September 12th, 2006 02:09 PM

Hi people from New Mexico...and others

In New Mexico there is a well known site: Acoma Pueblo, where filming is not allowed. Does anybody happen to know if there is a possibility to buy a DVD or vidiotape about the site? Thanks for any information.

Aaron Frick September 12th, 2006 03:30 PM

I know there is a Company in Grants, New Mexico...Seven Cities Productions that has done documentaries of Acoma that they have aired on Cable in New Mexico but I don't have any contact info on them. You might try a web search for seven cities productions.

Michael Bodel September 13th, 2006 12:10 PM

DVX-100 needed Oct 9-23rd

Hello,
I'm a choreographer shooting a short dance film over two weeks in October. I am looking to rent a DVX100 with a couple batteries for the shoot. Its a small budget piece, so we are aiming to rent from an individual who might be interested in making a few hundred dollars rather than a rental house. My DP and I are happy to leave a deposit, insurance, or work out legal contract. I'm based in New York. Thanks a lot,

Michael