DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2006 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/19553-helping-hands-2006-a.html)

Stuart Dawkins September 14th, 2006 04:46 AM

Detroit Area Second Camera/Director

I"m producing and directing two music videos for an established musician and one up and coming band, both of whom have released their first album. The songs are terrific, one very Billy Joel and the other a really unique and mature rock sound (nothing heavy metal).

I'm looking for a second cameraman to help on all fronts except funding (which I will take care of). I'd prefer to direct all funding at making professional videos (locations, actors, equipment, etc.) that everyone will be extremely proud to use as a contribution to their reel, etc., but would consider compensating camera help also if necessary. Drop me an email if you're interested in dedicating some time to this, having great fun, and most of all are serious about professional results. Thanks, -Stuart stuart.dawkins@gmail.com

Sheldon Blais September 15th, 2006 08:32 AM

Bump! Bump!

Marco Wagner September 15th, 2006 02:10 PM

!!urgent!! Phoenix Az $help Needed$!!!

I've landed a promotional footage shoot for a seriously high profile show Thursday, September 21st. It is a comedy show in Scottsdale, AZ and "A list" celebs will be there. Go here for details on the show.. http://celebritycomedyshow.com/

I need a second camera person to shoot and be available for all Thursday day and night and possibly to film behind the scenes stuff on Wednesday prior. I have 1 to 2 sponsors plus the entertainment management company all wanting promo. footage of the show. I only have one camera though!!! This is a paying gig although I don't know yet how much (still establishing contracts with the 2 to 3 entities). This is a GREAT opportunity to get exposure with some big time celebs and sponsors and possible future production jobs. You will have press access and possibly ALL access depending on which request is given. You would be under the umbrella of Time Lake Films contracted as a 2nd videography person and will possibly be asked back for several other higher paying projects. No editing involved, just hand me the DV tapes at the end of the night.

I'm looking for 3CCD SD cam + shooter on this project. Sony VX2100 is what I have. If you have the same, great! Otherwise.... Cannon XL1s/XL2/H1 - Sony VX2100/PD1xx/HDV or - or anything 3 CCD SD with good lighting. Expect to shoot for several hours, so have lots of tape and battery power. I’m looking for an experienced person with a nice camera and good eye. All future work from these entities is dependent on this first impression. I will include you in the credits and also push your production entity as an affiliate.

There will also be an after party in which you could pick up more money and more footage. You may bring one person as a grip or assistant.

Contact me via email - control@cox.net OR phone 602-373-7570. Be prepared to send me something showing some of your work and at least one valid reference. This is crucial and HIGHLY time sensitive, please only inquire if you have the skills, equipment, talent and availibility. Only call once, leave voice mail, I'll return all calls. I need to have this solidified by Monday or Tuesday.

Marco Wagner September 16th, 2006 12:23 PM

Response

So far the response has been great! I will be returning calls today, tomorrow, and Monday to wrap this up. Thanks to all that responded so quickly.

Benjamin Hill September 16th, 2006 11:49 PM

Since your typical rental for two weeks on a DVX100 would be something like $1500, your simplest and cheapest solution might be to just buy the camera and sell it when your done; I doubt you'd take a $1500 hit, probably well under half that. Good luck.

Dave Perry September 17th, 2006 12:59 AM

Hi Michael,

Contact Dereck Anderson at:

D&B Television and Video Productions Inc.
1400 Riverbend Drive Rocky Mount VA 24151
Phone: 540-483-2111
Fax: 775-854-6197
Email: dbprods2@aol.com
Web: http://www.dbprods.com

He will ship the camera to you and is priced reasonably. He does buisiness leterally worldwide.

Please tell him Dave from Carter Media sent you if you don't mind.

Michael Bodel September 18th, 2006 11:14 PM

DVX Batteries Needed

Thanks for the advise/info guys. I'm negotiating a few leads. I also need to rent 4-5 extra batteries and chargers for the DVX-100. If anyone in the NYc area have a battery with a charger (preferably not factory batteries) then please email me with the specs. I will pay $50 for each battery/charger set for the 2 week rental. Happy to leave deposit or work out contract to insure safe return and confirm the rental. Thanks,

Michael

Eric Schumacher September 19th, 2006 12:51 PM

Cameraman in Kentucky next weekend w/interest in Drag Racing (Beech Bend Raceway)

We are a digital marketing company, PowerTV, a sister company of the NMRA & NMCA. We are covering extensive video coverage of every NMRA & NMCA drag race with same-day video updates throughout the weekend of the race.

We will be out in Bowling Green, KY next weekend, on September 28 - October 1 for the 8th Annual Nitto Tire NMRA World Finals, at Beech Bend Raceway. We are currently looking for race fans out there that have some experience with a video camera. We need someone who can shoot track-side race footage. If you are interested please drop me an email and we can talk details. Check out nmratv.com to get an idea of what we do. We are looking for someone ASAP!

Email us at careers@powertvmedia.com

Steve House September 20th, 2006 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andre De Clercq
In New Mexico there is a well known site: Acoma Pueblo, where filming is not allowed. Does anybody happen to know if there is a possibility to buy a DVD or vidiotape about the site? Thanks for any information.

Have you contacted the Acoma Tribal government directly? While casual tourist photography may well be banned, they might be more receptive to a serious project proposal.

Saturnin Kondratiew September 20th, 2006 04:48 PM

Needed Jib crane for dvx100a. VANCOUVER BC, 23/24 sept

Looking for someone who has a small crane or jib for a few shots on either the 23 or 24th sept. SHooting stuff at mission raceway.

thanks

SAt

Sheldon Blais September 22nd, 2006 02:46 PM

Introductory rate: $12/hr

Samples available online....

Eric Stemen September 22nd, 2006 03:36 PM

I saw the message on criagslist and sent you all an e-mail. I live in bowling green. No response yet though. I guess no one was interested in me helping.

Daniel Monahan September 22nd, 2006 06:11 PM

sound expert needed Oct 7th NJ

I'm filming some interviews on Oct 7 & 8 for a documentary and need someone experienced to operate the sound. It will be mostly interviews 1 & 3 person, as well as some outdoor footage. Filming takes place in Medford NJ, 08055.

We'll be shooting in HDV on the Canon XL-H1.

We're on a modest budget but can negotiate some compensation.

Thanks

Michael Galvan September 23rd, 2006 05:59 PM

mini35 for XL-H1 - anyone have one for rental?

Does anyone own a mini35 adapter that they would rent out every now and then? I have some short film projects coming up that I would like to use one in conjunction with my XL-H1.

Just seeing if anyone is out there ...

I'm in the NJ/NYC area ...

Matthew Nayman September 24th, 2006 06:55 AM

Look up Dennis Heisenberg from Star Central in Toronto.

He has one for rent.