Helping Hands from 2006 - Page 51 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old September 24th, 2006, 07:43 PM   #751
Major Player

I have one too.

Give me a yell if I can be of assistance.

shawn.alyasiri@verizon.net
www.renaissancevideo.com

Thanks!
Old September 24th, 2006, 08:06 PM   #752
Regular Crew

Casting Call

ONLINE WEB SERIES
***CALL FOR NON-UNION ACTORS/EXTRAS***

PRODUCTION COMPANY:
Kre8-fx Productions
Tel: 905 228-0578
Email: P.Mander at pmander@cogeco.ca
www.kre8-fx.com
www.myspace.com/kre8tivearts

SERIES: A fanfilm based web show to generate a fan base and turn the series into our own show after 6-7 months this call is for the first Pilot Episode runtime 15 min.

DATE: October 14-15 2006 one of these days we will need 20 extras to fill military outfits, time is still pending due to our main location.

COMPENSATION: will receive a DVD with extras, a film credit with name and or website, a prop from the film. You will also be listed in the website credits. Until we can turn this series into our own project we can not afford to pay people as we can not charge for this ourselves being a fan film based web series. We will be casting for a short film in the spring so if you may have any interest in our projects later please make contact.

CASTING CONTACT:
Pete mander pmander@cogeco.ca
Greg Holmes gholmes2@cogeco.ca

AVAILABLE ROLES:
(roles marked with *** are lead roles)

GERMAN MILITARY GUARDS (call for 20 extras) Male or female no restrictions all welcome. All guards wear ski masks and combat uniforms and carry a weapon so your face will not been seen on screen only your body language all weapons are made from plastic but look real. Most will just stand around and look busy on film. A few extras we be chosen for more physical roles and for a second day shoot .This main shoot for all 20 guards is a one day shoot.

JAIL GUARD ( male 30-45 years old) only one sentance of Dialogue need for aprx.1 hour on set

***AGENT MILLS (male 25-40) think of the matrix films. ”Mr. Anderson” we are looking for this type of character but something original for this project, a fearless man, powerful . must be available to appear in 2 following episodes before the character gets killed.

Please note for our locations to be possible to shoot in ,we will need a cast and crew release form signed for the owners of the property. One of our locations is a private property so we need all our records in order.

Following your interest in this project, you will be notified about what this series is and the script. For now we would like to keep it under wraps.

Thanks for your interest!

P.Mander
Old September 24th, 2006, 11:42 PM   #753
MPS Digital Studios

Attn. South Florida DVInfonetters: Need to use a Z1!

I need to use a Z1 (with optional matte box and follow focus) from October 5-11th. I can give full credit to whomever lets me use it. I just have no budget to rent, but I will do my best with credit, etc. Please email me if you can help out and you live in South Florida (or are willing to ship it). We will have insurance, so don't worry.

Thanks,

Heath
hmcknight@mac.com
Old September 26th, 2006, 09:33 AM   #754
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Amder
ONLINE WEB SERIES
. must be available to appear in 2 following episodes before the character gets killed.
Killed is so ... Final... Can't you just, sorta, eliminate him...Forever...

Never mind, just kill the SOB...
Old September 26th, 2006, 09:54 AM   #755
Regular Crew

I was gonna say "buddy goes boom" but KILLED sounds cooler..or is that coolio?..lol

UPDATE

THANKS ALL FOR THE EMAILS :any locals left there are 2 spots open for the guards..and agent mills is still Open

thanks for your time

P.Mander
Old September 26th, 2006, 01:02 PM   #756
Major Player

Seeking Final Cut Editor in DC Area

I'm looking for a FCP editor to work on site for the better part of a week in the DC area.

The work would include doing the rough cut of a 15 minute industrial training video, and also the capturing and rough cuts on two short films.

Please contact me via email (click on my name at the left) and include your resume, or sample work and your rates.

Thanks.
Old September 26th, 2006, 06:18 PM   #757
New Boot

English to Spanish Translator, Vice-Versa

Hi,

I offer my voiceover and text translation services and titles as well. I work in the Chicagoland area. If you are in need of translating your video work, do not hesitate to send me an email.

I work with Adobe Premiere Pro and some After Effects.
Old September 29th, 2006, 10:32 PM   #758
Regular Crew

Seeking DP/Camera Operator

I'm shooting a short film on Tuesday, October 10th--probably around 8am or 9am right through until we finish. It's a one day shoot. I want to shoot it on an HD format--I'm thinking HVX200, XL-H1, or even an HD100. So, I'm looking for an owner/operator in the Boston, Massachusetts area who can travel to Marshfield on that date.

Compensation is $250+meal+DVD. Any takers?
Old October 1st, 2006, 10:22 AM   #759
Regular Crew

thanks all for your interest..we have filled all parts .

thanks also to the DVi forum for alowing us to post here..

Pete
Old October 2nd, 2006, 11:42 PM   #760
Tourist

Or ... don't forget the Redrock. We have two to rent in San Francisco with both Nikon and PL mounts. I've already spoken with Amos but I wanted to say that there is a good option to the P+S Technic.

Just like the P+S, it has to be set up properly. Once dialed in I get great images off of it.

Our gear list is at: http://www.purebred.tv/rental.html
Old October 3rd, 2006, 08:41 AM   #761
New Boot

Video To Film Transfer In N. Texas

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced film company that does video to film transfers (mainly Sony HDCAM) in North Texas or the Austin area?
Old October 3rd, 2006, 09:11 AM   #762
Major Player

Isn't www.dvfilm.com in Dallas... I hope that link is correct... but its like $350 to $500 per minute... pretty much the going rate for smaller budgets...
Old October 3rd, 2006, 01:46 PM   #763
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary McClurg
Isn't www.dvfilm.com in Dallas... I hope that link is correct... but its like $350 to $500 per minute... pretty much the going rate for smaller budgets...
Naw Gary, they're down in Austin.

Just FYI,

-gb-
Old October 3rd, 2006, 04:49 PM   #764
Regular Crew

try these guys.

Video Post and Transfer. They've been around forever and have a super rep in the film biz. Located on Inwood Rd. & Denton Drive right by the SE corner of Love Field and the RR tracks. Have a full HD studio for post and transfers.
Old October 4th, 2006, 05:02 PM   #765
Major Player

They opened a new visitor's center this year, and they could probably answer your question.
Acoma Visitor Center
PO Box 309; Acoma, NM 87034
Tel: 505 470-4966 or 800 747-0181

BTW, causual tourist photography (still cameras) is permitted with a permit ($10 irrc), but video cameras are not permitted.

I have seen documentaries with footage from the Sky City, though, so they have, at least in the past, done some projects there.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands