DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2006 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/19553-helping-hands-2006-a.html)

Ken Grohs November 8th, 2006 04:17 PM

No offense, but 10/21/06 was 3 weeks ago.

Some other date perhaps?

Chris Colin Swanson November 9th, 2006 12:09 AM

you can borrow mine but I doubt you will want too. Mine is PAL and you would have to come to Norfolk to get it and you would have to use panasonic tapes.

Chris Stubbe November 9th, 2006 02:14 AM

Question about Final Cut Studio and a GL2

I reccently bought a Macbook Pro and a GL2, i have also aquired Final Cut Studio Academic. After I installed the nessicary software for the GL2 onto my Macbook i then installed Final Cut Studio. Upon hooking my camera up to the Macbook via Firewire, putting it into VCR mode, and then launching Final Cut, i was sorely disspointed when it found no camera. My mac detects the camera but Final Cut does not. Nor do any other programs; like the ones the GL2 came with. I have since updated all the software and still no results. The same camera works just perfectly on my PC and i just now finished editing in Premiere. So i know it is not my camera or cable. Can anyone help me??

Benjamin Hill November 9th, 2006 12:00 PM

Read the FCP manual, and just eliminate one variable one at a time. If you don't have any luck contact Apple tech support to help you troubleshoot.

Mark Bournes November 9th, 2006 12:04 PM

Chris, go to your capture settings and adjust them so you can capture via firewire from your gl-2. There's a tab on the capture window for capture settings. This should work.

Leo Zheng November 9th, 2006 07:34 PM

Nancy,

I got the gear and time. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,

Leo

Brian Duke November 10th, 2006 12:15 AM

Is there anyone near or in Calaveras County, California

It looks like I am shooting my next short film in Calaveras Cunty, Angels Camp city (CALIFORNIA) in January of 2007.

Is there anyone who is interested in helping out who lives in that area, please contact me at duke@hd-motionpictures.com

We are looking for anyone with some film experience, or is interested in getting some.

Nancy Scott November 10th, 2006 07:55 AM

Thanks to everyone who contacted us

We managed to find a willing and very capable shooter. DVInfo triumphs again!

Colin Willsher November 11th, 2006 06:30 AM

Hi David,

Probably a bit late now but maybe next time?

I'm a TV composer from Southampton (did an awful lot of the Meridian and ITV themes) who loves a project and also has a few useful bit and pieces Sony PD170, VX1000 and FCP Studio.

Email me if I can be of any use in the future.

Cheers for now,

Colin

Dave Perry November 11th, 2006 10:25 AM

Anyone in Atlanta? I need Lens step down ring

Hello All,

I'll be in Atlanta all next week on a shoot. We will be using our XL H1 with a Formatt matte box. We have the proper adapter for it to fit the 72mm threads of the stock Canon 20x but need a step down ring for using it with our Redrock M2 and lenses.

I need to go from 72mm down to 49mm. B&H has one and we might get them to overnight one to us but I'd like to avoid that.

I can't get one here in Roanoke because it's such an odd jump in sizes. I even called Showcase in Atlanta and they'd have to order it as well.

Any help you guys could offer will be greatly appreciated.

Aram Rian November 11th, 2006 02:36 PM

Anyone in Belgium?

hi people.
would any of you know if there's an audio-video store in Brussels or Kortrijk selling Apple Mac hardware and software?
thanks

Mike DelliSanti November 13th, 2006 07:57 AM

Volunteer Located In South Jersey (USA)

Hi. I own my own camera gear (video) and am located in south jersey. I will volunteer my shooting services in exchange for experience in shooting docs and film. Weddings and events has been a part of my life for ten years so I kinda know a little about pressure and how to tell a story. If I'm on the wrong site please let me know where else to post.

Thanks
Mike Delli Santi
"Never Stop Learning"

Pat Griffin November 13th, 2006 10:06 AM

Talented Shooter in Burbank?

dumb question, I know. There's probably 8,000 talented shooters in Burbank!
Newbe film maker needs shooter great with miniatures for filming a 6 minute puppet show and some piano playing for an online competition. Simple production in a hurry (must shoot this week). Pay is $250 for short consultation and 1-day shoot. Must be patient to not only get nice shots but correct performance as well. Great if you have own camera/lens for better depth-of-field, but can also use my HD3. Low light is more important than HD for this, though. Better if you have DVI references. email grifmusic@mac.com

Marcin Wilczek November 13th, 2006 11:02 AM

Finaly, I just order the M2 conventer for myself.
and I'm willing to rent if you need one.

Best,

Noah Posnick November 13th, 2006 06:47 PM

Awesome Marcin. Hope you like it! I may just have to rent that from you in a month or so before I buy mine- test it out and see how I like it. Are you getting it with just the Nikon mount? I was thinking about getting PL maybe also. Let me know once you get it. Thanks!