DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2006 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/19553-helping-hands-2006-a.html)

Chad Davis January 2nd, 2006 12:57 PM

I need work - Tuscaloosa, AL

I'm looking for something in the way of editing. I have 3 years experience with FCP. I have my own PowerMac G5 with plenty of storage. I've edited commercials, music videos, narrative, and documentary footage.

Erick von Schulz January 2nd, 2006 05:54 PM

Seeking Stockton Sacramento area filmmakers

Hello,

I have an HD camera and a 35mm adapter, plus lighting, real time edit suites, render farm and more more more.. I have been a little lazy lately. But I want to put together a few short films. So I am looking for a few fellow filmmakers that want to get involved... I would post my email but I get to many spam messages if I do.. Reply to this thread and we can arrange something...

Thanks,
Erick

Chris Barcellos January 2nd, 2006 06:09 PM

Elk Grove Area

Hey Eric-

I m from Elk Grove. FX1, VX2000, and some similar editting capabilities, though nothing realtime at this point. (I was running Pinnacle Pro 1 with RT editing, but with HD, have removed board...)

Have always threatened to get involved in filming a movie--- but have been more the wedding, event video guy... My primary vocation is attorney...

Looking to do a "serious" first short film at some point, and have been working with a nephew and my son in that direction. Also have a friend working on a screenplay, but I see that a ways off.

Which 35 adapter and camera are you using? Ive got plans to build on of the spinning disk version ordered on line with their ground glass.

Chris Barcellos

Vishal Gurung January 2nd, 2006 11:53 PM

Wedding.. Mine... EEPS!!

Hey all.. hope all is going well with the post new year and christmas. I've come once again to seek dvinfo's expertise. Well actually i've come to inquire if there are people in Vancouver who are interested in helping film a wedding.. namely mine! egads!

Ah yes, i've done and bit the bullet and did indeed propose to my fair lady Christmas of 2005- Elated she was as was i, till we started planning our wedding budget. The reality of the financial monster gripping us in it's money grabbing claws soon left us clutching for the proverbial straws.

Thus i've come to seek your help/guidance/advice. We've tentatively set a date, the May long wknd 2007 (either May 19th or 20th) and it has been left up to me to find the videographers for our wedding. In all honesty we don't have too much of a budget hence i'm wondering if anyone here would be interested in helping film the ceremony/reception for the paltry sum of $250.

Ideally we'd like 2 videographers (making $250 each) as i will be doing all the editing/dvd authoring etc (oh woe is me- i don't even get to rest AFTER the wedding) ..

I will be taking care of all the expenses (tapes/lavs/a gas allowance if we decide to film, er marry outside the vancouver area) but i would certainly love it if the videographers would have their own camera equipment (Gl2's, Xl2s, PD170's). Oh and of course we'll be feeding you during the actual reception.

If the pay seems unreasonably low, i'd be definitely willing to listen to offers- perhaps we can trade part work/cash.. i.e i film YOUR big day hehe or any other event for similar hours.

Again i'd definitely love to hear offers so please send them to my email vgurung@shaw.ca

oh and if anyone has any recommendations for photographers, i'd truly appreciate it. Thanks!

Thanks very much!

Alex Raskin January 4th, 2006 04:03 PM

Do you have FX1 or Z1? Can you edit?

Hi all, are you experienced taping and editing HDV footage with Sony FX1/Z1 using PPro with Aspect HD?

I need one exprienced editor located in NYC (preferable) or Nothern NJ, for a project.

We have all the editing hardware and software set up, need a knowlegeable camera operator / editor who knows how to work with HDV and how to output to different formats, including WMV 1280x720.

Please spread the word if you know anyone who may be interested.

Immediate need - please contact me directly at alex@fancyflix.com

Thanks!

Shannon Rawls January 4th, 2006 04:36 PM

Who in the Los Angeles Area with a Sony Z1U wants to make some quick $ this weekend?

I'm producing a small gig coming up this weekend. I need a third Z1. I like it here @ DVINFO, so for the first time I'm going to try and hire the good people of this community instead of some crazy drug-user at Craigslist or Mandy. (been there, done that) If this works out, I'll start coming here for all my indie crew.

I need you and your Sony HVR-Z1U. FX1 will NOT work. I need to synch all 3 cameras and run the timecode @ free-run TOD and only the Z1U will do this.

It's all day Saturday & Sunday January 7th & 8th in the valley/l.a. off the 5 fwy. We're shooting @ Atwater Village Studios for this one: http://www.atwatervillagestudios.com/

I'm paying $275 bucks a day ($550.00 total) in cash. I know it's not allot but give me a break, that's all I could squeeze out of the budget on this one. *smile*

Call me at my office immediately and YOU MUST BE AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF THIS COMMUNTY to get the gig and you need to be able to make it to a pre-production meeting tomorrow evening. No exceptions.

tool free 1-800-972-3688, my name is Shannon

- ShannonRawls.com

Jamie Baughman January 4th, 2006 05:17 PM

Need Atlanta Shooter

I need an XL-2 shooter for some B-roll from East Atlanta. To be more precise, I need mostly B-roll of the village of East Atlanta and maybe a few very quick man on the street type interviews. I hate to even call them interviews because it's basically one or two questions. I am thinking of 1-2 hours of time and I can give more specifics when you email me with your availability. i'm fairly flexible on time of day to do the shooting (i.e., I'm not worries about matching my foootage from my shoot last week) but it needs to be completed pretty soon. I'm only able to pay $50/hour. I know that's quite low for using your own gear, but that's what I have. So for the whole thing, it'll end up being between $50-150 (depending on how long you take). Anyways, email for more info. Feel free to pass this along to anyone you know who might be interested.

jbaughman@kilroyfilms.com
www.kilroyfilms.com

Daniel Rudd January 4th, 2006 08:02 PM

Some clarifiying questions:
What is the duration of the project (or at least the editing aspect)?
What type of editing is it?
Does all your editing work have to be done on site?

I may be able to help or reccomend someone if I know more.
THanks,
Daniel

Erick von Schulz January 4th, 2006 08:12 PM

Contact info

Chris,

I have 2 35mm adapters.. The M2 by Redrock micro and the Letus35A.. I have 2 movies under my belt.. nothing great.. But I learned alot. I wrote and directed them.. One is in post production now... I also have a pretty good collection of 35mm lenses.... I just finished writing a short.. In a few weeks I will rewrite it and be ready to shoot..... I have become somewhat of a stickler for cinematography lately. So if you want to get involved with a great short. Email me at syberstalker2000 at yahoo.you know what...

Tim Hyten January 4th, 2006 08:19 PM

Spike,
I am interested in getting site up and running very soon.

My email is: digitalhourent@hotmail.com

Thanks so much.
Tim.

Jamie Baughman January 5th, 2006 01:09 PM

Addendum to post

It's not a big deal, but I wanted to ad that I'll also pay for tapes, shipping, and an hours' pay ($50) travel time. Also, this is just raw footage. No editing needed.

Thanks and again, please pass this along to anyone who's interested.

Alex Raskin January 5th, 2006 03:04 PM

Project is basically ongoing.

A cameraman/editor needed to videotape and edit the indoors footage in midtown NYC.

Must be located in NYC and have experience with Sony FX1-Z1 (or other HDV) cams, and PremierePro with Aspect HD.

We have the editing suite, you will shoot and edit on our equipment.

Must be very reliable and courteous.

Project entails videotaping patients in doctors office as the doctor performs dental procedures.

Immediate need, plus recurring projects like this throughout the year.

Let me know your experience and rates.

Shannon Rawls January 5th, 2006 05:37 PM

Position filled.

thanks guys.

Daniel Rudd January 6th, 2006 11:31 AM

thanks Alex, I'll check around. I think one of my friends from college might be within an hour of you (although I'm not sure). I'd have more suggestions if it was something that could be done from a distance. Did you try the free classifieds on "Craigslist.org" it's pretty active for NYC

Scott Hayes January 6th, 2006 07:32 PM

Z1U/FX1 operator and FCP editor in Kentucky

have gear will travel. can do multi-cam shoots with lighting, wireless mics, the works. I also have my own FCP5 suite for anyone needing assistance in editing. Any and all subject matter welcome.

hayesvideo@gmail.com

Brian Brooks January 8th, 2006 04:34 AM

Short Films?

Eric, I am a filmmaker located in Sacramento. I am interested in helping on your short film. I have a short film of my own that I am prepping. (Following "Saws" lead, making a short film that can be expanded into a feature-length film).

Jim Montgomery January 10th, 2006 06:49 AM

Need a web site upgrade

I currently have three sites. One to primarily charter fishing trips http://www.billfishadventures.com, one to promote video services, dvd sales, royalty free footage http://www.sfgmedia.com, and one to promote still images, http://www.jimmontgomery.photostockplus.com. Would like to be able to update the sites myself as more material becomes available.

Would like to incorporate all into one, have the same look through out, and have them punched up a little, maybe flash?

Be prepared to offer a quote, samples of work completed and any other considerations I may need to make an informed choice.

Something with this kind of energy http://go.inmotion.ca/samples/inMotion.asx

Thanks
Jim Montgomery

Andy Peterson January 10th, 2006 08:56 PM

Looking for an Internship

Hello!

This may be a shot in the dark but it might be worth a try!

I am nearing graduation from the TV Broadcasting and Video Production program at Canadore College in North Bay, Ontario.

I am the Program Representative and have the highest GPA in the course. (I'm not trying to brag but I worked hard for those honours!)

To graduate we are all responsible for finding a one month work placement in April.

I have previous work experience with MCTV North Bay, CTV, The Ontario Travel and Tourism Board, BACCHUS, Canada World Youth and the Greater Essex County District School Board.

I am particularly interested in editing. Here at school we have been using Adobe Premiere exclusively but I have been a Final Cut Pro guy for years. I am fluent in both Mac and Windows platforms.

I am looking to do my internship as an editor or editor's assistant at a network TV station or large production house. I would like to go somewhere that will want to hire me after the placement if they are happy with my work. Please do not contact me if you are looking for free work with no possibility of a full-time job.

I am completely able to relocate.

If anyone is interested in getting to know more about me please email so I can send you a proper resume. www.andypeterson.ca will be up soon as well so you can view some demo material.

Thank you very much and I hope to hear from someone soon!

Andy Peterson
motionandy@yahoo.com

P.S. Please feel free to pass my email address along if you know of someone who might be interested in helping me. Connections are everything in this business!

Spike Spiegel January 11th, 2006 05:12 PM

hey guys, check your emails!

Nick Medrano January 11th, 2006 07:16 PM

Jim, I am interested. Will send a quote as I prefer to do webwork instead of video, lol! Stand by...

Nick Medrano January 11th, 2006 07:18 PM

Looking for After Effects guru to outsource

Hello,
I am looking to outsource video graphics work to a motion graphics artist (after effects) or similar. I have experience with Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5, 24p and Adobe Encore, but do not possess the skills and time needed for decent motion graphics and title work. Therefore, I am looking for someone who can take my video reels and give it the “wow” factor. Basically this entails Hollywood-quality titles, particles, etc. that can set me apart from my local competition.

I shoot on MINIDVD 24p (Panasonic DVX100) and usually output to a progressive DVD where possible. My projects are usually local, but we sometimes do National Park work.

Possible workflow would be something like me shooting in the field and shipping off the footage for you to edit and add special effects to.

To learn more about me, you can go to my website here: southtexasfilm.com

Please send me an email if you are interested in working with me or have further questions: satxweb@gmail.com

Riley Harmon January 12th, 2006 07:32 PM

if you let me get an idea of what my work load this semester will be..i might be game

i'd consider myself an AE Pro

Andy Peterson January 13th, 2006 06:51 AM

Anyone?

Does anyone have any ideas at all?

Tim Borek January 13th, 2006 08:07 AM

3rd videographer needed for concert shoot

I need a third videographer w/his or her own 3CCD MiniDV camcorder to shoot a 90-minute performance in Lafayette, IN on 6/17/06. Performance time is 8:30-10:00 p.m. I can pay $150.

T.J.
borekvideo@highstream.net

Richard Alvarez January 13th, 2006 08:59 AM

Andy,

Your post on the board was a good first effort. Follow it up with emails/letters to every ad agency and tv station near you.

Expect the same ammount of silence you got from this board, initially. That's what hunting for work is like. Don't let it discourage you.

Check for local Media organizations websites. Here in San Francisco for instance, there is BAVC.COM and FILMARTS.ORG. Theser are local filmmaking non-profits that post job listings and internships. (You may as well start there, if you are willing to locate.) There are similar orgs all around the nation, see if there is one near you.

FCP experience is great for indy shops and Ad agencies. Exect to learn AVID if you want to work in a broadcast environement.

Craigslist.com is a good place to look for jobs. So is Mandy.com

You should be checking your boards twice a day, once in the morning, once in the afternoon. Have your resume ready to email, and jump on a posting as soon as you can.

Expect silence. That's what job hunting is like.

Good luck, with hard work and persisitance I am certain you will succeed.

Ryan Douglas January 13th, 2006 10:13 AM

I don't know if I am allowed to post this source but tvjobs.com is a good place to start. i think a membership is only like $30us. they have postings not only for paid positions but they have internships listed as well. I used the site extensively before I started my own company. Hope that helps

Shannon Rawls January 13th, 2006 12:00 PM

ATLANTA, GA. - Hiring full crew for shoot in January 2006....

IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THAT YOU NOTE IN THE COMMENTS SECTION THAT YOU ARE A MEMBER OF THE DVINFO.NET COMMUNITY!
I will give these people first-look when making my decisions.
If you want a job, click here: http://www.cinemahill.com/employment...o-atl-crew.htm

If you have some time....let's get busy!!!

Cinematographers
(click for definition) Cinematographer: Description Below - $650 per day (cash)

Art/Set Directors
(click for definition) Art Director: Description Below - $150 per day (cash)

Costume Designers
(click for definition) Costume Designer/Stylist: Description Below - $200 per day (cash)
(click for definition) Assistant Costume Designer/Stylist: Description Below - $125 per day (cash)

Asst. Directors/2nd Unit
(click for definition) 1st Assistant Director: Description Below - $350 per day (cash)
(click for definition) 2nd Assistant Director: Description Below - $200 per day (cash)
(click for definition) 2nd Unit Director: Description Below - $275 per day (cash)

Production Department
(click for definition) Production Manager: Description Below - $250 per day (cash)
(click for definition) Script Supervisor: Description Below - $150 per day (cash)
(click for definition) Production Assistant: Description Below - $75 per day (cash)

Makeup Department
(click for definition) Hair Stylist: Description Below - $150 per day (cash)
(click for definition) Makeup Artist: Description Below - $150 per day (cash) + $50 kit fee

Art Department
(click for definition) Set Dresser: Description Below - $125 per day (cash)

Sound Department
(click for definition) Sound Mixer/Playback: Description Below - $200 per day (cash)
(click for definition) Boom Operator: Description Below - $150 per day (cash)

Other Important Crew
Video Assist: Description Below - $200 per day (cash)
(click for definition) Camera Operator: Description Below - $250 per day (cash)
(click for definition) Assistant Camera: Description Below - $200 per day (cash)
(click for definition) Key Grip: Description Below - $200 per day (cash)
(click for definition) Grip: Description Below - $150 per day (cash)
(click for definition) Gaffer: Description Below - $225 per day (cash)
(click for definition) Best Boy: Description Below - $175 per day (cash)
(click for definition) Electrician: Description Below - $150 per day (cash)
(click for definition) Camera Loader: Description Below - $75 per day (cash)

- ShannonRawls.com

Andy Peterson January 13th, 2006 09:23 PM

Hello Ryan and Richard,

Thank you both for your replies, some of those sites were great.

Since my post I have been able to secure a job placement that could potentially turn into my first industry job!

It is not easy to crack into the professional work world, thankfully sites like this allow us to communicate and share resources.

Thanks again!

...Andy

Evan C. King January 14th, 2006 04:00 AM

My god I wish I lived in Atlanta.

Patrick Swinnea January 14th, 2006 11:18 AM

Denver extras needed for a party Sat, Jan 14th

TONIGHT!!

I realize this is VERY late notice, but I though I'd throw it out here anyways.

The final scene in our film is a house party, and we're a little short on party-goers. It's a small house, so we really only need about 10 - 15 more people to fill the frame. The shoot will be from 9pm - Midnight in Arvada. You must be available for the entire 3 hours.

It's more of a movie shoot than an actual party, but there will be beer available for use as props, so please 21+ only. You will be asked to sign a release form stating you are old enough to drink.

I'm only posting this to DVInfo.net to maintain the quality of people and the integrity of the location. There's no pay, but there is fee beer.

If you are interested or available please shoot me an email with a phone number. We're shooting all afternoon but I will stop to check messages periodically.

Thanks!

Jack Matthews January 15th, 2006 06:27 AM

Scripts, Scripts and more Scripts

Hey
I'm a amatuer student film maker, currently in South East of England and was wondering if anyone knew if there was any sort of online 'student' or 'short' script database where I could view student written scripts and/or contact young aspiring script writers. I myself am not the best of writers, and am interested in getting into Producing, so I was wondering if there was such a resource. My endless hours of searching google.com have yielded no satifying results.

Thanks
- Jack

Andrew Todd January 15th, 2006 07:42 AM

jack, I was in your shoes last summer. I posted on http://www.newenglandfilm.com/classifieds/ that i was an amateur filmmaker (maybe even say student) looking for free scripts, short or long to use for production. Forn the first 2 weeks i got no replies then all of the sudden i would come home from work and have like 14 scripts waiting in my inbox.. this continued on for months and months.. even to this day i get a few replies to that post.. If you post it..they will come... just find the right board.

Richard Alvarez January 15th, 2006 09:04 AM

Jack,

go to www.inktip.com and click through to the 'shorts for sale' section. You can view the short synopsis of tons of shorts, and then contact the writer you are interested in directly.

In order to view the feature scripts, you must register as a producer/director or agent.

Jack Matthews January 15th, 2006 09:40 AM

Thanks

Thank you both of you. I actually took your advice Andrew, and am already in contact with a number of promising script-writers. Thanks. All i need now is to find a cost-effective storyboard/concept artist. Cheers lads.

Evan Fisher January 15th, 2006 11:10 PM

I'm interested

I have a current site that I've been building but need to revamp it. i'm too busy on a project and need it rebuilt ASAP. I know exactly what I want.

evan@fishermp.com
www.fishermp.com

Thanks

George Ellis January 16th, 2006 11:15 AM

I do, but not enough experience for any of it.

James Emory January 16th, 2006 04:30 PM

Ready to go!

Hello Shannon. I just sent you all of my info including production gear that I have. Please contact me if anything in the camera department is open. Thanks. I'm ready to go!

James Emory January 16th, 2006 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evan C. King
My god I wish I lived in Atlanta.

Hahahahaha! LMAO!! :O

Nick Hiltgen January 16th, 2006 07:55 PM

Shannon I have a bunch of good people that I've just worked with available for most of the positions you have listed if you're interested.

Philip Gioja January 16th, 2006 10:55 PM

Tim -- I sent you an email, just wanted to let you know.