Videographers needed all over the U.S. - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old October 6th, 2004, 09:19 AM   #31
Capt. Quirk

"the only reason we take risks is because we are looking at the "potential" of the opportunity"

Not me... I do it cause I don't have a real job ;)

Seriously, I do it looking to gain experience, network, and hopefully get a cushy job like Charles Pappert! I just really enjoy doing video, and would do it for free. Unfortunately, free don't pay bills, but the work is plentiful at that rate...
Old October 6th, 2004, 06:40 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Greg. www.crozierhenderson.com posted a crew call for shooters in the Atlanta area. They were featuring some real estate or buildings there. They were real particular about their look which is very professional.
Old October 7th, 2004, 01:06 PM   #33
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Greg Boston : I am bothered by the fact that I was being asked by an unknown entity to divulge my address information along with my equipment inventory. Let's hope there isn't a network of 6000 thieves ready to relieve people of their stuff. -->>>

That's exactly why I wouldn't go anywhere near this either. I don't see why they would need details of your camera, microphone, tripod, computer system etc. If I was starting a business like this I think I'd prefer to see a sample video from the people I was recruiting.

And regarding the comments about this looking genuine and professional - the most successful scams often do. There are people here in the UK (and no doubt elsewhere) that have gone to enormous efforts to fake online banking web sites down to the very last detail, and many people have fallen for it. That's not to say that this is a scam of course, just that you can't draw any reliable conclusions from presentation alone.
Old October 9th, 2004, 10:35 PM   #34
Slash Rules!

Any new info? Still afraid to dive into this one. Anyone actually heard back, been called out to a shoot?

Is there an email for this lady? I can't find one on the site (yourgoldenopportunity.net). I'd like to ask her quesions along the lines of "why do you need my home address?" and "why do you need to know the exact gear I use?" (though I SORT OF see the logic in the latter).
Old October 10th, 2004, 06:06 AM   #35
Wrangler

I think everybody is too busy shooting 5 to 7 homes per day to respond.... ;-)
Old October 10th, 2004, 08:19 AM   #36
Slash Rules!

Ha! Brilliant!
Old October 10th, 2004, 12:06 PM   #37
Regular Crew

She mentions in her email that Doug posted above that they're 'rolling out' in Dec which is still a month + away. So, I'd say unless you're asking questions of her that there hasn't been any information yet. Josh, if you want her email address I'll email it to you.
Old October 10th, 2004, 03:15 PM   #38
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Josh Bass : Is there an email for this lady? I can't find one on the site (yourgoldenopportunity.net). I'd like to ask her quesions along the lines of "why do you need my home address?" and "why do you need to know the exact gear I use?" (though I SORT OF see the logic in the latter). -->>>

It may sound kind of plausible on the face of it but I don't see any real logic in it. There is no mention of minimum system requirements on the site, and I'm sure we all appreciate that having high-end gear is no guarantee of quality results. Why they want to know what conputer system you have is even more of a mystery.
Old October 11th, 2004, 10:43 AM   #39
New Boot

Site Crashed

Filled out info on your site...and bamyow...it crashes. Sounds like an interesting opportunity. If you check this site drop me an email.
Brian
Old October 11th, 2004, 10:09 PM   #40
Regular Crew

Wanting detailed technical and personal info, site crashing by simply trying to provide the requested info, low pay. Are there any other red flags needed? If that's state of the art as they claim....?
Old October 12th, 2004, 09:44 AM   #41
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Pat Chaney : <<<-- Originally posted by Josh Bass : Is there an email for this lady? I can't find one on the site (yourgoldenopportunity.net). I'd like to ask her quesions along the lines of "why do you need my home address?" and "why do you need to know the exact gear I use?" (though I SORT OF see the logic in the latter). -->>>

Skye Winslow
317-581-1766

SkyeDonaldson@aol.com

You can give her a call - she answers the phone herself.
Old October 12th, 2004, 12:18 PM   #42
Slash Rules!

Thanks, guys.
Old October 13th, 2004, 06:32 AM   #43
Trustee

James, what part of Atlanta you in? I did not see that post. Bob Safay
Old November 1st, 2004, 03:26 PM   #44
Trustee

I take it this whole thing was a huge waste of our time. When will we all learn!! lol

Murph
Old November 1st, 2004, 05:11 PM   #45
Regular Crew

I was contacted by Skye yesterday via email and received a call from her this AM. She's susposedly got a job for me with a local auto dealer. The dealer is a very well know and I'm supposed to film a 2-3 min. infomercial for them. As far as I know, they're to know exactly what they want and all I'll have to do is show up and shoot 2-3 different shots, do a rough edit and slap on a title and ending contact title.

Skye told me they've decided to broaden their video market. That's why this job is with an auto dealer. The pay is the standard $100 but I figure if it only takes me an hour then that's not too bad.

BTW, their new website is www.golookinside.com if you're interested. Nothings live yet execpt the "Order Now" link. It just seems like they're pushing things faster than the marketing is able to keep up with.

It's not all set in stone yet but it seems to me a lot of trouble for it to be a scam. I'll keep everyone posted.

Rick
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands