Videographers needed all over the U.S. - Page 9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old April 12th, 2006, 09:18 AM   #121
Tourist

More Power To You

If your business is successful, then by definition what you're doing with video in real estate is worthwhile. I agree with the point about moving through houses being preferable to moving a panoramic picture. The video is a better look for the buyer, but the seller (or seller's agent) is the one paying for it, so he/she will want the house to show its best and hide flaws. The pictures are usually sharp and the video, due to compression, is not. Exposure adjustment and flash photography can compensate for unevenly lit rooms, where video is subject to window flare around every turn. Last, the photo/panorama tours let the viewing customer skip to the section of the house most relevant to their interests. Some do not care what the kitchen looks like, some care most about the kitchen. Skipping to the area of interest is easy in the photos and is not possible in video, unless it is divided into clips, which may be an approach worth considering.

It took 2 minutes to download your tour over a high-speed (cable) connection. If I remember Allan Dalton's (Realtor.com CEO) numbers correctly, a typical shopper on realtor.com would've moved on to the next house 1 minute 52 seconds earlier. Clipping your video into smaller labeled segments might help its view-ability.

Again, if you find demand for your product at a price making it worth doing, then power on and good luck. My comment was intended to increase skepticism should any more "videographers needed all over the U.S." solicitations come up.

Cheers.
Old April 12th, 2006, 12:43 PM   #122
Major Player

Bert, our markets are very different so it is reasonable that some things work for you while others for me.

Also all of our videos should stream, so the videos will play almost immediately. Typically buyers see pictures on the transferring web page and then decide whether or not to watch the video. Basically if the buyer gets to the video page he or she wants to watch the video.

Clipping the videos into smaller segments may make it easier to skip around the house, but it complicates everything. With many smaller segments a viewer will have to click 8-15 times instead of 1 time. My general rule of thumb is if my mother can get the tour up then anyone can. My mom usually has a hard time running virtual tours (java plugin) especially Obeo, and Visual tours.

I'm just trying to give the perspective of someone who is finding success in the video real estate business. Video has the wow factor it's only a matter of time until everyone expects video on the internet. Honestly I'd be happy if no one got into the business so I didn't have to worry about competition.
Old May 24th, 2006, 04:46 PM   #123
Major Player

are any videographers getting real work from this company?
Old May 24th, 2006, 08:55 PM   #124
Regular Crew

It'll NEVER DIE!!!!!

unless a mod locks it. :)

AFAIK, there aren't any folks here that have signed up with this company, but a few do similar gigs on their own, or with a different company.
Old June 8th, 2007, 04:06 PM   #125
Regular Crew

Well guess what domain name doesn't resolve anymore?

www.yourgoldenopportunity.net
Old June 10th, 2007, 08:31 AM   #126
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Ehrichs View Post
It'll NEVER DIE! unless a mod locks it.
Done. Thanks for the suggestion,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands