Helping Hands from 2003 - Page 10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old July 1st, 2003, 03:08 PM   #136
Regular Crew

what needs to be done?
Old July 1st, 2003, 05:06 PM   #137
Inner Circle

Great idea Dan.
Lantana is not to far from me (SW Boca).
I love coffee though I mostly doing the impotent swill stuff now days.

Anyone else, please post here and we can set a date.
Old July 2nd, 2003, 01:53 AM   #138
Tourist

anyone from Bakersfield, California reading this?

specifically any owners of a Canon Xl-1 and equipment. actors and other crew members wouldn't be bad to find either, heh.
Old July 2nd, 2003, 12:39 PM   #139
Major Player

Helping Hand

Anyone need an additional hand with:

- Editing in Final Cut Pro 4
- Web Design / Hosting
- Shooting: GL2

Anything else. I am willing to help.

Thanks.

Aaron
Old July 3rd, 2003, 02:20 AM   #140
Wrangler

Aaron, by HB do you mean Hermosa Beach...?

If so, you may want to check out the Instant Films festivals that are presented every few months in LA. We are always building a database of skilled and creative hands to help with the 8 films that are made over a weekend, and I can tell you that it is a creative rush. Our website is www.instantfilms.tv. Check out some of the films, come to the next festival in August, and if it's something you are interested in, drop us a line and we can talk further.
Old July 3rd, 2003, 05:34 PM   #141
Major Player

Charles.

I would love to help! I checked out the web site. Very cool.

HB = Huntingotn Beach. A little south but not too far.

Talk to you soon.

- Aaron
Old July 4th, 2003, 10:22 AM   #142
Regular Crew

FCP Editor

hey people, I posted for a FCP editor awhile ago to join our team on an ambitious project and a couple of people answered. due to a computer failure I lost the info so if still interested please send it to me again. also if you didn't answer the first time here is a second chance, you don't get too many of those! the job is unpaid upfront but for the right individual(s) there is a chance at owning a % of the project. to see what the project is you can check out the website at www.streetsoaps.com. looking for someone based in NY or close by...or if you are the bomb wherever! thanks
Old July 6th, 2003, 01:59 PM   #143
Regular Crew

Shooting in Portland, OR

Howdy -

I am mostly free this summer and would be interested in giving a hand to anyone with a serious shoot.

I can add in my GL1 + mics. I've worked on PCA shows and produced a few of my own. I am interested in improving my technical knowledge of putting together complete programs and especially editing technique (Premiere for now, FCP in future).

Sincerely,
Ron Johnson
adhocMedia@comcast.net
Old July 6th, 2003, 10:29 PM   #144
Regular Crew

Well if you still have things going in a year or so maybe I will catch up with you guys some time. Hopefully I will be back in Tampa or Orlando by this time next year.

I dont get it the years I spent in Central FL I never found many people who were into DV. But now after I am gone I find people. Just the luck huh.

BTW I have a small Productions company with a few PDX10s and a Premiere, Vegas, AfterEffects suite I also have FCP on the mac. My affilate in Tampa which I have full use over has a recording studio with ProTools and Emagic. I can mix and output Dolby Digital 5.1 and 7.1. I also have full access to the Keyboards samplers Soft Synths and Virtual perccusion. If you have any questions about the capabilitys of the studio feel free to ask. Oh BTW I dont expect to be paid unless work that I have a big part in makes a large amount of money

Thanks
Old July 6th, 2003, 11:18 PM   #145
Major Player

I know where Lantana is, that's not really too far from me here in North Palm Beach. I am about 10-12 miles from West Palm Beach and Lantana is a bit farther south.
Old July 8th, 2003, 03:37 PM   #146
Regular Crew

Raleigh, NC assistance needed

Hi Y'all....I'm in Raleigh, new to this area and need a little help. Would someone PPAAA...LEASE consider donating the use of a lighting kit for one afternoon? The project I'm shooting is a 3 minute Habitat for Humanity/Wake County promo video. It is a simple talking head piece for which I need these lights (have not purchased a kit for our company yet...still deciding what is current best avenue), very brief, no outdoor high speed stuff to endanger your gear :-)

FYI I worked in the film biz for 10 years prior to moving here (please see resume at "http://www.fatcatmedia.biz/aboutus/rresume.html" & production details "http://www.fatcatmedia.biz/aboutus/details.html") so your gear will be in experienced hands. I will gladly give you a deposit and a tax credit receipt from HFH for an "in kind" donation.

BONUS: You will be credited in a video containing local and very possibly national celebrities from this area. Cannot reveal that info just yet (confidentiality agreement) but will provide you with a copy of the finished piece for your portfolio. I will also offer my services in return (good old fashion horse swap)...let me know what you need and I'll suggest where I can help. Your choice of service. Please email me with subject line "Light kit" to: "fatcatmedia@yahoo.com"

I'm particularly found of Arri kits and realize these are very expensive. Prefer
static lights over strobes.
Old July 8th, 2003, 07:12 PM   #147
Inner Circle

cool Bob, sounds like we are starting to get somewhere.
I'm surprised at how many people don't want to meet. It's like they are hiding something. My son has found out the hard way, a lot of people down here claiming to be in the business, aren't.

Oh well.
Old July 8th, 2003, 09:13 PM   #148
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Joe Carney : cool Bob, sounds like we are starting to get somewhere.
I'm surprised at how many people don't want to meet.
-->>>

bring

more

vodka

;)
Old July 8th, 2003, 10:14 PM   #149
Regular Crew

Hah maybe I will fly down for this one. But seriously I should be in FL sometime late next month if you have a meeting while I am in town maybe I could stop by and form another reason to hurry up and move back.

I am always willing to help and I would love to be in a DV group. Like I said the only problem is that I wont be back for about another 10 months or so....I have to wait for my wedding next year.
Old July 9th, 2003, 05:14 AM   #150
New Boot

<<<-- Originally posted by Joe Carney : cool Bob, sounds like we are starting to get somewhere.
I'm surprised at how many people don't want to meet. It's like they are hiding something. My son has found out the hard way, a lot of people down here claiming to be in the business, aren't.

Oh well. -->>>

Two possible ideas on this...1., We might need to let more people from the main DV I comunity know about this, assuming that the "Helping Hands" discussion is limited to a much smaller subset of people...2., Lets work on picking some video topics we can really benefit from by getting together. In other words, let start planning what we will talk about, what we will go over on the computers with Vegas et al, and what we will play on the Plasma screen TV to show finished products.

Also, the name of this meeting place I'm talking about is the "Daily Grind", located next to Body Dynamics on Lantanna Road less than half a mile from I-95, and a few hundred yards from Federal Highway. Its on the south side of the road.

I'm doing a shoot this weekend for a Mountain Bike DVD, but I'm crew on this. The production is being run by a good friend of mine, Robert Starling, of Starling Productions. Robert is like the "Time Share" video king. I can probably bring back some clips that show some neat videography that Robert and this crew have created.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands