Helping Hands from 2003 - Page 12 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old July 17th, 2003, 07:04 AM   #166
Tourist

No, not late. I still have not found a XL-1 user here, only actors. please email me for more info.
Old July 17th, 2003, 03:27 PM   #167
Regular Crew

Alex, Call Industrial Video in Cleveland...They can hook you up with a rental company. I KNOW you can rent around here...a friend of mine who lives in Euclid rented a DSR-300 locally...when he gets back from Seattle, I'll ask him where he got it from.

Call some local production houses too...Avid Communications in Eastlake.....Beachwood Studios in Beachwood....the downtown houses arn't ringing a bell.....
Old July 19th, 2003, 08:04 AM   #168
Mad Scientist

XL1s interview crew needed in L.A.

Greetings all,

I'm producing a feature-length documentary and have an important interview coming up in the south L.A. area that I need a crew for.

All of our previous interviews have been conducted using an XL1s with manual lens (I can provide the manual lens) with cinematic lighting (typ. three point lighting) and sound (I will provide the sound equipment). I can also supply the XL1s if you want this gig but can't get your hands on the camera.

Because of the interviewee and subject matter, crew members of African-American heritage are ideal but not necessary. Please respond to kevin@abraxasproductions.com or by calling 512-244-3668.

Many thanks and regards,
Kevin Triplett
ExecProducer
http://www.abraxasproductions.com
http://www.mopacmedia.com
Old July 19th, 2003, 10:16 PM   #169
Mad Scientist

Forgot to mention: although this is a low-budget documentary -- it's self-funded -- this is a paid gig.

Also, you're welcome to post a response to the forum, I'll be checking for replies. Another forum member may want your contact information.

Thanks!
Kevin
Old July 21st, 2003, 05:40 PM   #170
Major Player

Bay Area Video Coalition

I just came across this site today but to bad I live in PA seems to be a lot of freelance jobs available.Does anyone know if there is such a thing for us on the East Coast?
Old July 21st, 2003, 09:39 PM   #171
Wrangler

You might check out ITVA in NYC.

We not only have BAVC, we also have the Film Arts Foundation. Both are good places to make contacts, learn and use/rent good equipment.
Old July 21st, 2003, 11:19 PM   #172
MPS Digital Studios

Any tips for finding work in L.A. (I want to move out there)

Guys and gals,

I worked for two weeks in Santa Ana and L.A. back in June. I loved it, but my friends can't find any work for me (one's on the Lollapalooza tour, the other is busy). I don't want to go out without a job, but I can't seem to find anything permanent.

Any tips? I'm willing to go to news, but can't find info. on network jobs or what I need to do, union-wise.

THANKS A BUNCH!

heath mcknight
Old July 24th, 2003, 06:06 AM   #173
Regular Crew

Greetings

Do you have a full crew working on this project or is it just you. Just interested because I live in Raleigh. I may be able to help you on a project in the future. I don't have a pro light kit. I have plans for getting one but as you stated the good ones are expensive and I really don't use lighting much yet, and when I do I rent.
www.katanapro.com
Old July 24th, 2003, 06:43 AM   #174
Regular Crew

Hi Marcus! So nice to hear from a local fellow production person. On the video...most of the time it is just me. Once in a while I need an assistant or 2. Very small project for now.

I have started a second project on which I may need assistance sometime in the next few months. It is a longer term documentary about a young man in Cary who has autism and is an incredible artist. His name is DJ Svoboda. Check out his work at "http://www.imagifriends.com".

The images on-line need to be reposted as they are not nearly as vivid as his artwork. I just discovered his work about 3 weeks ago. Will be helping his friends with the website to make the images look more accurate.

When you get a minute please shoot me an email at: "fatcatmedia.biz" so I can have your name in my reference file. I'll give you a call sometime in the next week to chat (busy for the next few days). Thanks for writing and look forward to speaking with you!!!
Old July 25th, 2003, 06:24 AM   #175
RED Code Chef

The only thing that I "hear" is that everybody is looking for work
there, but (relative) few are actually working [paid]...

Anyone else care to respond?

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old July 25th, 2003, 08:00 AM   #176
Major Player

You're going to have to define what kind of work specifically you're looking to do.

Have you tried Mandy.com or the HDC ( http://www.hcdonline.com/jobs/default.asp )
Old July 25th, 2003, 08:12 AM   #177
Major Player

Check out the book "Your First Year in Hollywood". Good advice there, though it's directed at actors and not others.

Remember that most film/video work is temp work. And you have to dig and promote yourself to get it. Cameramen, audio people, etc. who are known can find steady work. Many even have agents. There's lots of it but networking plays a key role. You may find yourself frequently working for free for a while.

But going out there for two weeks in the hopes of landing a full time job probably won't work. If you want to work, stay. Otherwise, don't go.
Old July 26th, 2003, 08:12 AM   #178
Tourist

Hello any NJerseyans or NewYorkers in the house?

I am looking for dedicated hardworking filmmakers who want to collaborate on some real cool projects this summer. I have some good connections within the industry however you know the story in order for the big boys to step in, first you need to demonstrate what you can do to blow their socks off so to speak. They always say it's a hard climb with a lot of slips and falls along the way. But with everyone working together to achieve the same goal ;SUCCESS nothing is impossible. I learned that from a great american music icon who recently passed. So if your looking build your reel, get involved with some hot projects or looking to network and form a promising production team please let me know. Thanks everyone. Till next time.
Old July 27th, 2003, 06:14 PM   #179
New Boot

Will TRADE WEB/GRAPHIC/LOGO DESIGN services for DVX100/VX1000/VX2000/PD150/GL1/GL2

Hi, my name is Shawn. Im a professional web/graphic designer who also freelances. I Will trade WEB/GRAPHIC/LOGO DESIGN services for DVX100/VX1000/VX2000/PD150/GL1/GL2. I make sites/logos/flyers/ or anything you need that would save you thousands of dollars for PRO work. Full sites too. Examples shown below.

http://www.dontsave.com/shawn/recentwork.html

Shawn Burns
shawn@hydragraphik.com
phone: 407.538.1801
Old July 27th, 2003, 08:06 PM   #180
Air China Pilot

You do good work, man.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands