Helping Hands from 2003 - Page 17 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old August 27th, 2003, 07:09 PM   #241
Tourist

I think Adrian advice is good for you.
However, I already post your question in the Taiwan's pop dv website. You can check here: http://www.dvworld.com.tw/forum/dvforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22195.
Old August 28th, 2003, 12:50 AM   #242
Mad Scientist

L.A. Director of Photography needed

Greetings,

Need an African-American video DP for sit-down, indoor interview in L.A. in late September. Pay based on experience, equipment can be provided.

Many thanks,
Kevin Triplett
http://www.abraxasproductions.com
http://www.mopacmedia.com
Old August 28th, 2003, 03:26 PM   #243
Tourist

Older Asian actors needed

Greetings,

I am making a short independent film in the area shot in 24p DV with the Panasonic AG-DVX100.

The story is about a Japanese girl (could be other Asian if suitable cast can be found for parents) who is getting married to an American guy but the mother who is visiting from Japan is opposed to the wedding and tries to break it up by making it look like the boyfriend is having an affair. This attempt backfires and instead the father thinks the mother is having an affair. In the end the daughter rescues the mother in order to save the wedding and there's a happy ending.

I would like to start shooting as soon as possible, even tomorrow if a cast can be found. If you are an Asian M or F, 40-50s in the LA area who would be interested in working on this project please contact me to set up a meeting. Some fluency in Japanese or other Asian language is preferable but not required.

I will pay actors $50 and give a DV copy of the final film.

Richard Whitten
whittenr@yahoo.com
818-441-0370
Old August 28th, 2003, 03:37 PM   #244
Inner Circle

Michael, I lost your email, could you email me asap?
thanks
I think you still have mine.
Old August 28th, 2003, 11:36 PM   #245
Hawaiian Shirt Mogul

"1) Legal type advice to keep me from being sued"

protect your ASSets .
you might look at becoming a Limted Liabilty Company ( LLC)
about $125 in Florida. you can form a LLC with a sole individuaal or with group of persons.

http://www.nolopress.com/lawstore/products/product.cfm/objectID/15B382A6-2013-4BD0-B0B66C80743CD9D0/sampleChapter/1

"3) Insurance and permits"

don't know rates in Florida. In calif around $1500 for 1mil liability for under 60K dramatic project for year. it cost more if you only want it for 3 months. around 5K for full package ( liability, E&O , 3rd party , non owned vehicles, faulty tape/neg, main talent insured etc.)
also look into workmans comp. last time i bought around $700 for 2 months. no crew/actor was paid salary ( = low rate) . workmans comp pays medical expense for crew/actors if they get hurt on the job ( normally pays them % of salary but if you are paying them ZERO well 70% of zero is zero)....

try to establish a employer - employee relationship with crew/actors.

good FOOD/meals = a happy crew ...
so-so food/meals = not so happy crew ..
bad food = mystery !! what ? Producer/director disappear!!!
Old August 29th, 2003, 05:05 AM   #246
New Boot

<<<-- Originally posted by Joe Carney : Michael, I lost your email, could you email me asap?
thanks
I think you still have mine. -->>>

Done.
Old August 29th, 2003, 05:10 AM   #247
Capt. Quirk

Don- Thanks for those tips. I recieved one call back from an insurance company that had to go somewhere else to get me coverage... You know the type. I was told it would run about 4 grand for a year.

Now I've already heard that State Farm does a liability, for about $300 a year.

The LLC was something I had considered back when I started doing video. I have also heard that they create a new company for every film in Holywood for similar reasons. Good enough for me.

The other stuff is a given, isn't it?

Now... For some news! It seems this project has picked up a Production Coordinator! I don't think she knows what she's in for ;)
Old August 29th, 2003, 03:04 PM   #248
New Boot

Hey John,

Did you ever shoot your Lady X thing? I happen to be in the DC area and my film group and I were entertaining the idea of making a Lady X episode. I was also courious if you were interested in doing other no budget short film work around NOVA/DC/MD.

Our group mostly makes HK style action shorts...if you are interested in that sorta thing.

Chris
Old August 29th, 2003, 03:30 PM   #249
Capt. Quirk

Just to share the news about my progress-
I probably have someone to cover the audio, and still need to cover lighting, and a waterproof camera housing.

My new Production Coordinator will bring people to do hair and make up, and all those other things that she coordinates.

I have also been recieving a large number of replies for talent... from the most unlikely people- REAL ACTORS! I am totally amazed to get a headshot and resume from people who have actually been in movies and shows I have watched!

Even after being told up front there is no money, they reply. I tell them it's a really bad story and will probably end their career, and they still want in!

Who would believe it?
Old August 30th, 2003, 05:56 AM   #250
Regular Crew

I'm in Clearwater and could possibly help out on a weekend or two. I just sent you an email.
Old August 30th, 2003, 08:00 AM   #251
Capt. Quirk

Jim- I got your email and have sent a reply. You will big a major help!
Old August 30th, 2003, 12:29 PM   #252
Inner Circle

I should finally find out if I will be up in Arlington for 3 to 6 months, this coming week.
I would love to hook up and do some weekend shooting.
I'll post here if the job finally comes through.
(waiting on government paper work).
Old August 30th, 2003, 05:24 PM   #253
Regular Crew

Hi Chris and Joe,

I haven't done much in terms of my lady x episode yet. Just a synopsis and part of a script. If you and your group are interested in collaborating, we can probably work something out. I'm fairly busy right now, got my final semester starting up, and I'm working with another group on a project around campus, as well as doing some part time work with another project. But I'm flexible.

I'll be around. You can e-mail me at johnl@wam.umd.edu.

ttys

Levelse7en@gmail.com
Old August 31st, 2003, 05:41 PM   #254
Regular Crew

Storyboarder in Paris, France Needed

I need a storyboarder for my next short film, "The Tao of Surf."

Anyone from Paris, France interested?

Can anyone suggest where I can look for a storyboarder in Paris?

http://advaloreminternational.com
Old August 31st, 2003, 09:04 PM   #255
Tourist

Looking for DP and sound man For Amazon jungle documentary!

Hi everyone, i am on pre-production of a feature documentary that will be shooting in the Amazon jungle in October. I am considering the use of the Panasonic DVX100 camera. If anyone has a comment or advice, feel free to add. I am looking for DP and sound man urgent. I am in Los Angeles, Ca so if you are close by please contact me asap for more info.
Thanks
Eva Neide
evaneide@myway.com
(323)8331104
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands