Helping Hands from 2003 - Page 19 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old September 4th, 2003, 03:40 PM   #271
Regular Crew

Cool. Count me in.

I just noticed you're in Melbourne. My home town is a few miles south of you--Vero Beach.

If you are doing anything around Melbourne, I'll even have a place to stay! (I can hear my aunts and uncles groaning now... *grin*)

-Phil

FCC Licensed Electronics Technician (GROL)
Amateur Radio - KC4UVU
Life Member of the PSHA - Pinnacle Studio Haters of America
Old September 4th, 2003, 05:03 PM   #272
Capt. Quirk

Like I've told everyone else... Push comes to shove, you can sleep on my couch. Just make room for the rest of the cast :)

Did you say you have a waterproof housing?
Old September 4th, 2003, 07:31 PM   #273
Regular Crew

Unfortunately I do not have a housing, just the knowledge on how to use one.

However, I do have some contacts--I'll call around and see if anyone has one compatible I could borrow when the time comes...

-Phil

FCC Licensed Electronics Technician (GROL)
Amateur Radio - KC4UVU
Life Member of the PSHA - Pinnacle Studio Haters of America
Old September 5th, 2003, 06:48 PM   #274
New Boot

Chicago Area Video Editing Services Needed ASAP

I need to have 5 hours of wedding video (shot with a GL2) edited down to 1:30 to 2 hours on DVD. This is my first try at weddings and material needs heavy editing. If I'm satisfied with the job, there will be a lot more coming.

Project is due on September 25. I live in the Gurnee, IL area but will drive to Chicago if needed.

Please email me at zenvdu@aol.com if interested. Kindly have samples and rates ready.

Thanks!
Old September 5th, 2003, 08:44 PM   #275
New Boot

Thanks John for the email. Will wait for your call.
Update: 4:32 PM CST Sunday, 9.7.03
I'm talking to an editor in Chicago and we will finalize arrangements tomorrow so I will have to consider this ad closed. The response from DVInfo members was great and really appreciated.
Old September 7th, 2003, 07:51 PM   #276
Major Player

I too and in San Diego. I am in the market to get the XL1s a.s.a.p.

Frantically saving my dollars. Anyway, my goals are directing and d.p.
Old September 7th, 2003, 08:34 PM   #277
Regular Crew

i have some competition now! get out of my thread

hehe just kidding
Old September 8th, 2003, 04:48 AM   #278
Regular Crew

Palm Springs

just seeing if anyones from around here ;)
Old September 8th, 2003, 05:31 AM   #279
Capt. Quirk

Looking for PRO DVD author-

If all goes well, I'll have a feature length movie to put on DVD by May. If you can author a DVD with animated menu, 5.1 surround, and commentary track, I would like to see an example of your work.

I will be shooting on miniDV. Now is the time to find out if there is anything I will have to do now, to insure a high quality DVD and audio. It will also give me an idea of how much lead time I'll need to have it out by June/July.
Old September 8th, 2003, 02:15 PM   #280
Capt. Quirk

Hey Phil... email me- capt_quirk@hotmail.com
Old September 8th, 2003, 03:12 PM   #281
Air China Pilot

Available in Vancouver

Late last week I was laid off without notice from the company I've been with for more than four years. I won't go into the sad details here. However, I am putting out my shingle for helping out people in Vancouver. Here is what I can do:

Experience/
For the past four years (eight years total experience) I was the web designer and all around multimedia creator for a streaming media technology company. I built more than a dozen internal and client related websites using HTML, .CSS, and .SSI. I created ads, marketing emails, banners, interstitials, and corporate marketing materials for my company and for many clients among whom were well-known U.S. companies. I edited and encoded video, created graphic shells, and titles for video streamed from external websites. I designed and developed application UI. I designed and supervised the printing of packaging and CD liners for consumer products. Almost all of my company's identity was designed by me. I wrote copy for the website, support entries, marketing materal and provided service to clients. I also used my XL1S to video press conferences, events, interviews and other corporate video.

Previous to that company I worked as a 3D animator and modeller for a post-production and games company before I moved into web-related businesses.

What I am looking for /
I am looking for short-term contracts involving web design, any graphics assembly, website construction, copy writing, email or ad design. I would love to design and build entertainment/promotional-related websites as this is what I enjoyed most about certain clients I dealt with at my previous work. Most of my work was corporate / product promotion.

Any video work? /
Those of you who know me from DVInfo know that I got into digital video last year. If there is anyone who wants crew, support or second camera, I am also available. Even if you just want to reach out and network, I would be happy to talk. At this time I'm also willing to volunteer for credit/experience/contacts on commercial productions.

My portfolio /
Although I am currently designing a new self-promo website, you can look at my current personal website for portfolio work.

http://www.keithloh.com/
Portfolio:
http://www.keithloh.com/services/
Old September 8th, 2003, 03:46 PM   #282
MPS Digital Studios

Re: Looking for PRO DVD author-

<<<-- Originally posted by Keith Forman : If all goes well, I'll have a feature length movie to put on DVD by May. If you can author a DVD with animated menu, 5.1 surround, and commentary track, I would like to see an example of your work.

I will be shooting on miniDV. Now is the time to find out if there is anything I will have to do now, to insure a high quality DVD and audio. It will also give me an idea of how much lead time I'll need to have it out by June/July. -->>>

You're gonna have to have a lot of time to edit, almost an hour to two hours per edited minute. That's my experience.

I'm making my first DVD right now, as you know ;-) and I'd be happy to pass along what I learn. I just received DVD Studio Pro 2.0 and a 1.6 ghz G5, so I'm ready to work!

heath
Old September 8th, 2003, 04:24 PM   #283
Outer Circle

Keith, there's always work shooting weddings and funerals here in Vancouver. Weddings pay well. Sorry to hear about the job.
Old September 8th, 2003, 04:46 PM   #284
Capt. Quirk

The basic editing is what I love to do. It's putting it on a DVD that I want to leave to someone else. I'm looking for nice motion menus, 5.1, and a commentary track. While it's no problem for me to do 12 hours or more cutting scenes and stuff, I know my limitations.

I had placed this in the DVD section and wanted to get some feedback from those who may have the skills I lack. It got moved to helping hands, which is ok... I am looking for a DVD author. I would rather it go to someone on the board, rather than a stranger in the yellow pages.
Old September 8th, 2003, 05:01 PM   #285
Air China Pilot

I'd like to get into the wedding gig sbut so far helped shoot just one. Is there any local association, etc. I can contact to reach out?
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands