DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2003 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/3575-helping-hands-2003-a.html)

Mark Argerake March 3rd, 2003 07:38 AM

Have you tried any local schools? They have offices and meeting rooms.

If you need a second shooter (XL1s), help editing or anything else the day of your shoot, I'd love to help out. Fire me an email: margerake@communeanimations.com

Derek Beck March 4th, 2003 01:24 AM

Thanks for the suggestion and offer. I may take you up on that offer for a second cam. Extra coverage can't hurt. I'm not solidifying anything yet until I get my location though. Who at a school (when you say school I'm sort of assuming college) would I contact for this sort of thing?

Mark Argerake March 4th, 2003 07:47 AM

You'll definitly need to get security or janitors involved - they're the ones with the keys...

You can try just picking a school and calling the main number and asking teh person who answers who you need to talk to aout getting permission to shoot.

Be prepared with ALL details. How many folks, cars, trucks, specify duration/hours you'll be there. Be vaery accomidatnig and flexible. All you really want to do is scout the location to make sure it'll work for you and then try to get a commitment.

I'm sure it goes with out saying, but you'll want to tell them about the film you are shooting and where it's going to be viewed and how. A special thanks in the credits would be nice. You may need a permit and pay a location fee as well.

Try the LA Film School on Sunset in Hollywood. You may even be able to recruite student volunteers to help with all sorts of things.

Don Donatello March 4th, 2003 06:28 PM

you need a office interior .. in LA there is plenty of office space available ....

if you are student many location scouts will help/suggest ..

if not a student ?? then you are going to have to get out there and hustle ... drive around LA and look for office space available.
go into bulidings and ASK ... call real estate persons that specialize in renting office space ...

in SF area there is craigs list on the web - there must be a LA versions ? that has office space for rent - look for one that they are renting an office within a large office setting or a business that rents out offices by the hour/day ... tallk to them - they just might let you use it for day or so ?? or they might know a place ..
many empty office type places will have rooms in back that have the left over furniture ..

look for a business/office type place that is going out of business as they will still have the furniture and they just might enjoy a change of pace to their pending closing ...

the shorter the shoot the easier it is to get a location for free ...

IMO no business connected to military is going to let you use their space - nor is the military /air force etc ... unless you have BIG $$$$$$ ...

Victor Muh March 21st, 2003 09:01 PM

DV Camera Owner/Operators In Paris Wanted

We're looking for DV Camera Owner/Operators to participate in a Gospel Music documentary. This is a low budget production and, therefore, low paying, but on the other hand each shoot will only last a couple of hours. This is a 12-day shoot spread out over about a month starting on April 03, 2003. Please send an e-mail if you're: 1) In Paris, France or will be in Paris, France. 2) Own or can get your hands on a prosumer or professional DV camera.

Richard A.Hopkins March 28th, 2003 07:36 PM

Hello everyone glad to be aboard this forum.
Now I live just outside Philly and I heard someone named Casey say that they would be willing to be a part of a production crew.
Well we're looking for some help from people who want hands on experience we can't pay up front but everyone is working on a deferred payment contract right now.
But trust me when I say this the project is a great one to be apart of.
The movie is a supernatural thriller entiltled "Beyond Sleep".
You can say it's a combination of "The Sixth Sense", "Ghost" and "Mississippi Burning" all rolled into one.
The feature is going to be shot on DV in Philly come this May 2003.
Now if you are interested please contact me.
Also you can see a bio of me on Indieclub.com under search
members PA.area directors and producers.
In about two weeks I'll be having a meeting for crew especially
a soundperson we have our own equipment.
And to all on this forum keep up the good work.

P.S.
Indie video/filmmakers we will be hosting in Philly a festival come
July to display the works of Indie moviemakers,documentary and music videos artists within the Tri-State area that means you
too NYC.NJ and DE.
Our first festival will be for short projects only no features please. It can be a short movie a documentary or even a music video we
want to get you noticed right along with us.
Now since this is the first festival it will be restricted to a running time no longer than 15 minutes for entries.
Awards will be given to the best short project on that day.
So join us and some of the people you have probably seen in movies and Television for a day to network and show your talents.
I'll keep everyone posted as to when you can send in your work.
Thanks again.

Victor Muh April 2nd, 2003 11:51 AM

Bavaria/Tirol Region: DP with XL1s & Mini 35 Rig Wanted

I'm looking for a DP with an XL1s & Mini 35 rig near Innsbruck or Salzburg, Austria to participate in a low-budget music video production.

You can listen to the song here: http://advaloreminternational.com/music/woman.mp3

Drop me a line in you're interested.

James Black April 3rd, 2003 06:10 AM

Music Video Producer seeks XL1S operators

Hi everyone ! We operate a recording studio and video production facility based in the Vancouver area Britiah Columbia. We are active with video production of local bands, and are working on an video shoot invloving Xfm. This studio uses the Canon XL1S camera and Vegas Video 4 fro production.

We are looking for a second XL1S owner/operator to work on a video shoot for the band DRIP, and also on a few indie cine noir productions. Anyone interested, please reply to this post.

cheers...

Nori Wentworth April 3rd, 2003 11:25 AM

If you ever need someone in Kelowna, give me a call.

-Nori

Victor Muh April 7th, 2003 09:03 AM

XL1/XL1S in Paris, France wanted for Mini 35 test.

We are doing a DV (with Mini 35), Digital Betacam (with Pro 35), HD (with Pro 35), Super 16mm & 35mm test in order to establish the technical, aesthetic and economic parameters of each format.

We are looking for someone in Paris, France who owns an XL1 and who would be interested in participating in our exercise on April 16.

Dan Volker April 7th, 2003 08:06 PM

I have several projects in S. Fl

I live in Lake Worth ( near West Palm) and have been shooting with a GL1 about 1 year now, and am about to get an XL1s.
I am involved in some music industry technology, which has gotten me into shooting several music videos. Digital Rights Management is the primary technology that got me into this ( a way to encrypt a digital video or audio file so that a person can get one free play, then be forced to pay if they want lifetime plays ( or some set duration of plays). Anyway, you can see some examples of this at http://www.eebands.com
The video called Heart Shaped Tattoo was my first music video, and I have two I will be starting on in the next 2 weeks. The Heart Shaped Tattoo video was scripted by me in one afternoon, and shot the following day in entirety. 4 days of editing later, and you have what's on the page.

On these next two videos, I have extremely good original music to start with, and of the two, one has exceptionally good visual potential. I could use some help with a 2nd or 3rd camera for some of the scenes.

If anyone is interested, I have worked up a rough script as a video, which will play with the music. Its at http://www.eebands.com/videos/alone.wmv

There is no budget on these up front, but we can get paid on DRM based sales of the videos ( you'd be doing this more for the fun/experience :-)

Regards,
Dan Volker
561-707-2943

Fritzy Rackoon April 10th, 2003 03:33 AM

Try ...

Victor,
try broadening your search a little by including Munich and Vienna, both just a stonethrow from where you are planning to work.
Also P+S Technik are located in Munich. Surely they will be happy to pass on a contact name - after all, they're making the 35er rig and should know their customers.
Good luck!
f.

Dylan Couper April 25th, 2003 06:32 PM

Hey James
I work out of Coquitlam and can give you a hand with a couple extra XL1's if need be, depending on my schedule.

PS, the links to the song demos and music videos on your site don't work (at least for me).

Neil Fisher April 26th, 2003 08:42 AM

I live in Coquitlam and have my PD150, and in high school so if it's something really cool, I can just skip school and give you a helping hand. Besides I listen to X like 24 seven, and have made a few music video for some local bands. I don't know how important it is to you guys that it's a XL1, but if you not interested in a PD150 that's cool.

Dylan Couper April 26th, 2003 09:33 AM

I used to listen to XFM alot when they were a new station and played mostly alternative rock. Now they sold out and play the same mainstream crap that Z95.3 and the Fox do.