Helping Hands from 2003 - Page 27 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old December 16th, 2003, 08:20 PM   #391
Tourist

<<<-- Originally posted by Chris Hurd : It's probably much less expensive for you in the long run to simply upgrade your home computer, capture the video and do all the work yourself on your own time. -->>>

I know. But there's a deadline involved. And iMovie is only helping so much.
Old December 16th, 2003, 08:58 PM   #392

Hi Tom,

Perhaps this will help you - check out the people who are in your area:
http://www.lafcpug.org/user_talent_directory.html
http://www.lafcpug.org/user_talent_d...l#anchor667018

Good luck!

- don
CREATE and NETWORK with http://www.bosfcpug.org
and also http://fcpugnetwork.org
Old December 17th, 2003, 10:29 AM   #393
Tourist

Need a volunteer apprentice in Seattle?

I'm looking to help out on DV projects in Seattle with someone who doesn't mind me asking questions and actively learning the ropes, etc.

I actually have a fair amount of video experience, having made a number of zero-budget features as a youth in the 80s. But I was using consumer VHS gear, editing on U-matic, and generally undisciplined about the tech/craft of serious videography.

I'm a sharp, reliable, quick learner with extensive creative background (I've done video, been a professional musician, done graphic and web design, writing...) and technical background (e.g. just finished a BS in computer science at UW).

Now I'm looking to get back into video, with an eye toward both documentary and artistic work. I want to learn the tech/craft more rigorously, and my experience is that nothing beats learning directly from people with real experience.

You can email me at:

dv [at] metaplastic.com

Ciao,
Leo
Old December 19th, 2003, 09:41 AM   #394
Major Player

Special F/X Artist wanted in New Jersey

I’m looking for a NO-Budget (meaning I can pay next to nothing) special effects artist for the Spring of 2004 in New Jersey. I will be shooting a Horror Film, and will be in need of effects such as dissected humans and maybe some “monster” face make up effects. If anyone is interested please drop me an E-mail at: gcgipson@yahoo.com Thanks!
Old December 19th, 2003, 12:53 PM   #395
Regular Crew

Call for Music - Network TV

Requesting submissions for the soundtrack & sound beds for a reality television series to be shot in 2004. It will be shot documentary style, in remote locations throughout the US, and chronicle the lives of a unique group of people.

I need Americana, cowboy, local, and western type stuff, but if you think you have something I should listen to send it! I'm looking for something unique! I'm looking for both gritty emotional tracks as well as uplifting music. I don't necessarily need "twang" but should be modern "regional", "cowboy" or "western" type music.

For sound beds pretty much anything goes EXCEPT electronica, it must be organic!

It should be broadcast quality (no cussing).

We have a VERY limited budget! I want original music for the show, but can't afford to pay huge sums for licensing etc.

The not so fine print: We are going to air our show on RFD TV, it has 23 million subscribers, and we have been talking to Outdoor Life Network (OLN), which has about double that.

If you allow us to use your music we will give you credit in our exit roll (advertising you to millions) along with a link on our website, and pay the standard (ASCAP/BMI) royalties for artist(s) & writer(s). Here is your chance to be heard by millions of new listeners, and get paid for it.

Please MAKE SURE you include your contact information (name & email or phone number) on everything you submit. If the your music gets reviewed separately from your press kit and it doesn't have your name & number on it we may not be able to contact you. A CD is the preferred media for submission.

Due to the nature of the project and time constraints, I will not be able to contact everyone who submits. I will not be able to return any materials you provide, so please don’t send masters or originals, a copy is fine. If selected I will contact you and I may request additional materials at that time.

Please send submissions to:
Tele.0.Logic Productions,
4242 Law St., Houston,
Texas, 77005-1036

Please email questions to:
Mark.Austin@markaustin.com

We already have RFD TV lined up and OLN wants to see a pilot. We will start shooting and editing the pilot in January and February.

Thanks!!! Mark Austin

p.s. I'll be needing to hire camera & audio crew too, I'll post more information as our locations get scheduled.
Old December 22nd, 2003, 01:24 PM   #396
Regular Crew

writer OR co-writer needed

as we all hopefully have figured out by now, the first step in a short film project is a story... or at least an idea. i have neither.
please help. this will be in the extremely low to NO-budget range so dont expect pay til AFTER we win at sundance and miramax buys it... [dont hold your breath] not many actors, no elaborate costumes, no exotic locations (except an arcade or mini golf, ihave access to those). Think along the lines CLerks, or even resivoir dogs. one main set, cast of about a dozen. special effects: maybe... SLC punk level of effects... not matrix or even fight club. if you just have ideas email me
woodsmith111@yahoo.com
i do have writing skills... just not enough.
im in Sacramento CA. if all you want to do is write, then it doesnt matter where you are.
more info:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18378

Pat
Old December 27th, 2003, 09:20 PM   #397
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Tokyo area: Cast & Crew Call

Anyone living in the Tokyo area who is interested in auditioning for roles or being considered for crew positions in an upcoming "episodic" project, please contact me by clicking the "e-mail" button below.

Formal auditions will be held on January 10 at a venue to be announced. Pre-production is already in progress and filming is set to begin the first week of March.

This is a rather large ensemble cast, male and female, young and old, Japanese and foreign with 10 leading characters and a host of secondary characters...so audition applications will be accepted from everyone. Actors with additional talents (singing, dancing, musical performance) will be considered for the principle roles.

We're just now assembling the crew and everyone will be considered since this is a rather large project. If you have no experience but a lot of enthusiasm, contact us...we'll find something for you.

Details of the production are being kept secret for the moment, but the general storyline involves a group of talented, creative people who aren't making any headway on their own, so they decide to band together to see what they can accomplish. The real story, though, is the relationships between the people involved and how they manage to cope with Japanese/foreign cultural differences, different styles, hopes, and dreams, rejections and failures, etc.

Writers who feel they have their finger on the pulse of relationships complicated by culture and language differences, Tokyo life, etc. are invited to apply for participation on a "per episode" basis.

I know there are some Tokyonians here at DVinfo...so contact us!
Old December 29th, 2003, 03:26 PM   #398
Major Player

DVX100 User in San Diego looking for Partner!

I live in North County San Diego and own the Pani DVX100-24p. I am looking for someone who is of like minded interests.

I am 33, married with child and have a full-time job (start up company) that is not related at all to film which means I have obligations and responsibility. It also means I am my own boss and do have somewhat of a flexible schedule. In my spare time, I just want to write, shoot, direct...

I want to make films. Hopefully you can bring something to the table above and beyond desire. If you have equipment I'm lacking, that would only help matters. Besides the DVX I have a Bogen tripod kit and am looking to get additional accessories throughout this year.

I have a computer that is fast enough (DELL Pent 4) for NLE but do not yet own any NLE worth a damn. I hope to get VEGAS or BLADE for the Native 24p aspect.

My favorite kinds of films are sci-fi, horror, actio,. thriller. I basically just want to entertain. I have no political agenda here. I am looking for someone who wants to make films and collaborate with me. We can both write, produce, direct for festivals and DVD.

Again, I own the DVX. Maybe you own one as well? (2 DVX shoot would be great) but if you do not, that is okay. Hopefully you can bring other needed items to the table.

Send me an email or reply here please.
Old December 29th, 2003, 04:45 PM   #399
Regular Crew

similar situation in sacto

just ordered my GL2. hoping to start a no or extremely low-budget digital film soon
what i need first is a script. you seem to have similar tastes in generas. wanna colaborate on a screen play? probably no sci-fi its harder to do <well> low budget.
Old December 29th, 2003, 05:09 PM   #400
Regular Crew

is it done?

with a story like that, im surprised no one has asked to see it yet!
<not sarcasm, i swear!> ill be the first. did your shroom trip get off the ground?
Old December 29th, 2003, 06:05 PM   #401
Major Player

Email me at pacreel@cox.net
Old December 29th, 2003, 09:55 PM   #402
Hawaiian Shirt Mogul

in LA pick up the DRAMA-logue - comes out once a week on thursdays.
read thru the crew wanted ads .... maybe place a ad for your services ? ....
Old December 30th, 2003, 11:19 AM   #403
Regular Crew

Anything in Idaho?

Anyone doing anything in Rexburg Idaho? going away to college and hoping somethings going on there.
http://www.secondsection.com
Old December 31st, 2003, 03:37 AM   #404
Major Player

Freelance Cameramen/DPs/Crews.

Hi there.

This message is to any freelance talent/crews in my neighbourhood - Singapore.

I'm interested in Cameramen/DPs/SoundDudes/Crews who have extensive experience with shooting digital. Experience shooting on film, shooting digital with mini35, and having own equipment will be a bonus.

I work at an ad/creative company and would like to have a look at your reel. Our projects will cover tvcs, corp videos and multi-media.

Interested parties can email me at
noodlem@hotmail.com
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands