DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2003 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/3575-helping-hands-2003-a.html)

K. Forman June 18th, 2003 02:15 PM

Stick around. I may be needing some help towards the end of summer. Working on a feature length comedy/thriller screenplay now. If all goes well, I want it shot by October. Do you have a demo reel?

Mike Rehmus June 18th, 2003 08:02 PM

Need a shooter in Visalia California in late October

I need a shooter in Visalia California for the weekend of the 25th and 26th. The job is to shoot a series of seminars to be presented at a model engineering exhibitition.

Model Engineers build, among other models, those small locomotives you ride behind in the park. They build interesting models like running V-8's that measure around 10 inches front to back.

I don't have all of the details yet but I'm looking for an experienced shooter that hopefully lives in the area and wants to make some extra money. I'll supply the gear unless that person has a DV or DVCam camera they would prefer to use and it is good in low and random light. Must be willing to shoot Sony tape in the camera.

Contact me and we can discuss the details and the compensation. I might be willing to spring for a room at the hotel and food for the right out-of-town person plus a little mileage. It's all negotiable, but I don't make a ton of $ so this won't make you rich but if you like adult male toys, this is a great place to be. You'd have time to look around.

Visalia is down around Bakersfield so I guess it qualifies as Central California.

Mike Rehmus
ByVideo
707 643-1970
mike@byvideo.com

Joe Carney June 19th, 2003 07:05 PM

we should start a FL Vegas user group. We could probably use Yahoo to host it. Anyone interested?

Joe Carney June 19th, 2003 07:17 PM

Michael, I am hoping to work on my first project also. Don't mind working on a 0 budget movie at all. I live in Boca, not far at all. Let me know.

Joe Carney
tuffcom@adelphia.net

Joe Carney June 19th, 2003 07:22 PM

So how is Buffalo these days? I was born there many moons ago.

Scott Osborne June 19th, 2003 09:24 PM

Its not to bad...We have a pretty good football team and a poor hockey team. But the work is good. Oh it still gets way too freaking cold.....It affects your thinking, here it is the begining of summer but we upstaters think of it as the last 3 months before we have snow again....I would rather be in Rats mouth.

Actually I am originally from Tampa (Home of the greatest team in the NFL) After much consideratation I have decided that I prefer Tampa

Joe Carney June 20th, 2003 09:49 AM

I spent 6 winters in the Chicagoland area. The last one dipped to 75 below zero wind chill. I prefer rats mouth too, though local lore refers to it as mouth of the river. they be kind of uppity down this way.

Dan Volker June 20th, 2003 04:10 PM

I like the idea of getting Florida video people together, though we can probably use this forum pretty easily for this purpose--we just have to make some posts here relevant to this group getting together.
We could either start this with some actual projects some of us are working on which would lend interest to the rest, or we could come up with some workshops where some of us could show of techniques they have mastered, which could be valuable to others....What do you think would be the best way to start something like this?

K. Forman June 20th, 2003 06:07 PM

I would like to get together and toss out creative ideas with other proffessionals... But most of you folk live 2-3 hours south of me, a few are closer.

But, if we were to have a round table... Just think of what could be done with all the talent and equipment :)

Alfred Tomaszewski June 21st, 2003 01:06 PM

how to find actors for a film i want to make.

i am working on a 30 to 45 minute short movie and want to know the best way to find actors that will maybe work for free. if anyone has any suggestions please tell me.

Mike Rehmus June 21st, 2003 02:45 PM

There is probably an indie film org somewhere in Detroit and many colleges have actor training programs that you can tap.

Michael McConnell June 22nd, 2003 12:58 PM

hey

try craigslist.com

Joe Carney June 23rd, 2003 05:18 PM

Dan I understand what you're saying but I don't think DVINFO is a place for a regional user group. I mentioned yahoo because it's easy to setup a specialized group there. Could be somewhere else for that matter.
More importantly, just trying to network and help each other out with projects and such. We could certainly continue to post things here though.

I figure, why should the FCP and AVID folks have all the fun?

Sort of pool talent and resources for Music Videos, short and feature length stuff, maybe even commercials. Vegas is already making some great headway in the Wedding Video market.

My son says he knows at least 6 new Vegas users locally and they are psyched and ready to do something.

And Keith, I'm hoping to go up to Orlando Friday and hook up with Dylan. He's had a pretty hard time with all the rain in Central FL messing up his schedule.
Still..if he has time and you are up to it, I plan on going up there Friday, you are welcome to join in on the fun
(and anybody else for that matter, there is always something to do in and around Orlando). I have a feeling Dylan will have some great stories to tell on this one.

K. Forman June 23rd, 2003 05:21 PM

We did warn him about the rain :) Since I haven't heard from him, I assume he got his hands on some wireless mics? As for Friday, I don't know... we'll have to see.

Dan Volker June 23rd, 2003 05:28 PM

Hi Joe,
Fine by me, I'd like a regional group here. If yahoo is easy and someone wants to set that up, consider me in.

I use Vegas Video, a gl1 ( still about to get an XL1 in addition), and my biggest interest is in making better music videos.

I do alot of chromakey work right now, for infomercials, and the other areas I am most able to "contribute" in will be Internet Streaming and DRM.

Looking forward to getting together with a bunch of Florida video guys ( and girls if there are any :-)

<<<-- Originally posted by Joe Carney : Dan I understand what you're saying but I don't think DVINFO is a place for a regional user group. I mentioned yahoo because it's easy to setup a specialized group there. Could be somewhere else for that matter.
More importantly, just trying to network and help each other out with projects and such. We could certainly continue to post things here though.

I figure, why should the FCP and AVID folks have all the fun?

Sort of pool talent and resources for Music Videos, short and feature length stuff, maybe even commercials. Vegas is already making some great headway in the Wedding Video market.

My son says he knows at least 6 new Vegas users locally and they are psyched and ready to do something.

And Keith, I'm hoping to go up to Orlando Friday and hook up with Dylan. He's had a pretty hard time with all the rain in Central FL messing up his schedule.
Still..if he has time and you are up to it, I plan on going up there Friday, you are welcome to join in on the fun
(and anybody else for that matter, there is always something to do in and around Orlando). I have a feeling Dylan will have some great stories to tell on this one. -->>>