Helping Hands from 2003 - Page 9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old June 24th, 2003, 10:49 PM   #121
Regular Crew

George I emailed you last week but I don't know if your email still works let me know..
Old June 25th, 2003, 06:15 AM   #122
Regular Crew

Mr, Godbout,

I have not recieved any emails from you.. Please sent again..
Thanks..
gerez@bellsouth.net

---
PC Based editor: Adobe Premier Pro, Canopus DV Storm Pro. SONY VX2000, Panasonic DVX100a

Old June 25th, 2003, 06:33 AM   #123
Regular Crew

Joe, I don't think I could handle watching another forum. I frequent 3 now and that takes up a lot of my time.

However .... I agree that there are a lot of people with like interests in Florida. We should channel our resources to create a movie or something.

BTW, I did get my DVX100 and the quality is awesome.
Old June 25th, 2003, 07:17 AM   #124
Major Player

Need immediate help with script breakdown/schedule

Looking for someone experienced in script breakdown and scheduling to go through a feature horror script. I have meetings set up with investors and time has gotten completely away from me and I need help getting ready.

I need a completed breakdown and schedule before July 13th.

Sorry there is no pay for this just credit. Let me know what you think.

Working title: DEADSVILLE

Logline: A gang of bank robbers hold up in a deserted Texas ghost town after a big heist. When the sun goes down, a band of gunslingers from the town's past are resurrected as a hungry pack of flesh-eating zombies. A showdown ensues between the heavily armed modern-day crew and the supernatural denizens of Deadsville.

contat Mark: margerake@communeanimations.com SUBJECT: Script breakdown/schedule
Old June 25th, 2003, 07:25 AM   #125
Capt. Quirk

It sounds like a decent story... almost like Dusk to Dawn with a twist. I look forward to seeing it!
Old June 25th, 2003, 07:54 PM   #126
Inner Circle

Jim, I agree. the problem is most of us are kind of spread out. FL maybe skinny, but it sure is very very long. BTW Jim, how was spring break this year?

So far, all the FL folks are saying yeah, so I will look into it.
Yahoo is an option, but the down side is the advertiseing, and since you have to give an email address in order to post, we all know what that means.

Before I start something, would like ideas on what type of issues to cover.
1. Should it be FLA vegas users only?
2. Should it include users of Acid Pro and Soundforge?
I only say that because it is quite common for people to have all three apps. (Like me).

More interested in making movies/shorts/commercials with other vegas/sofo product users instead of a purely tech support forum.

The only issue I see here, is are there enough Vegas/sofo users in FL to make it worth the effort. I'm talking we need more than 10 or 12 to do this. Otherwise we should just exchange emails and go from there.

So if you other vegas users know yet more vegas users... try to conduct your own poll and find out what the interest is. Then get back here and let me know. Same for AcidPro and Soundforge users.
Lets go out and scare the Mac folks, hehehe. Lets get our shot on IFC,Sundance and Bravo to tell people all they need is Vegas and a video camera to make a movie.
Old June 26th, 2003, 12:40 PM   #127
New Boot

I see that this was a May posting with no response - are you still looking ?? I may be able to assist. email me at SNWG01@aol.com

Best Regards

Steve G
Old June 29th, 2003, 02:07 PM   #128
New Boot

Indie Producer ISO of Solid Short Film Screenplays.

Independent producer and director looking for short screenplays (under 60 minutes) and treatments to be considered for production in the Bay Area. We will be accepting screenplays of all genres that could be realistically shot and assembled on a tight budget. This is a great opportunity for all the struggling writers out there that wish to see their short come to life.

Deadline for submission is August 1st. Please send all screenplays to dpmgroup@sbcglobal.net in the form of an attachment (Microsoft Word Document or .PDF file). For contact purposes, make sure to include your name, email address and phone number (optional).

We look forward to reviewing your work and hopefully we will have the chance to collaborate on a project specifically designed for film festival distribution.

Aim for the stars and beyond…
Old June 29th, 2003, 06:00 PM   #129
New Boot

Jumbotron/LED 9' by 12' wall needed

for a skydiving event I'm putting together next year. It is being done for a charitalbe organization in memory of a skysurfer that died while filming a Mountain Dew commercial. please take a look at www.robharrisboogie.com and you'll be able to get a feel for the event I am organizing. My email links are posted all over that website. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,

Kyle Baker
Old June 30th, 2003, 05:45 AM   #130
Capt. Quirk

Miami crew

Hello all,
I have a friend in Miami that has attatched themselves to an Indi project. They are currently seeking a crew. Here is the ad from mandy.com-

Home > Film/TV Jobs > USA Florida > View Job Details

Vacancy: director of photography
Employer: Batovision eFilms/Angeljoy Prd
Duration: 6 to 9 mo, starts 070603

Payment is on a lo/no/deferred basis.
Salary TBN...Casting call for the indie movie "N Dis Land I Die", CASTING Sunday July 6th 2pm at 1975 ne 147th lane..... need DP for casting stills and other shooting. call Shango at 954.709.4894 for directions if lost.

Apply to: Arinco Shango
Email: batovision@hotmail.com Web: http://www.moviegodproductions.com/mpe_movies_others_angeljoy.html
Old June 30th, 2003, 12:10 PM   #131
Trustee

Will the writer be paid, or is this solely an 'independent collaboration'?
Old June 30th, 2003, 12:34 PM   #132
New Boot

Initially we would like to develop the script into a short as an independent collaboration--meaning no exchange of money. However, if the film is purchased as is or if the idea is purchased to be made into an actual full length feature, then the writer will most definitely be reimbursed for their work based and will be invited to extend the script.

This is an opportunity for a symbiotic relationship; we have the equipment, talent, direction and funds to produce a short, but what we don't have is a solid script.

Thanks for the question...
Old June 30th, 2003, 06:10 PM   #133
New Boot

All Hands on Deck in No. VA

A friend and I are new to the world of dv. We stumbled on this list and it seems to be a tremendous resource. Lots of knowledgeable people and good advice in the water here!

They say that all art comes from suffering and since we're both writers we've decided to really torture ourselves by making a short film. The film would be a stand alone segment from a full length feature film script we've been working on.

It goes without saying that we have zero experience, zero budget and zero cast and crew. Save for a recently acquired XL1s, Adobe Premiere and our PC's, it's another zero in the equipment department.

We're looking for collaborators in Northern VA/ Washington D.C.who would be interested in working with us to put together this film and possibly a few others down the line. If our first experience
in doing this stinks, then we'll probably be back for more punishment. Sound, lighting and production...come on down!

Drop us a line off-list if you'd like to talk.
Old July 1st, 2003, 07:12 AM   #134
Obstreperous Rex

Sponsor needs member in NYC for DV Expo

One of our DVi sponsors needs a helping hand at the upcoming DV Expo show next week. This is a paid gig lasting three days which basically involves working the booth on the tradeshow floor. The dates are July 9, 10, 11 and there's more show info at http://www.dvexpo.com/east/. The position is available to a DVi member currently living in the NJ or NYC or LI area and should not be a stranger to this message board (preferably at least a Regular Crew member). Contact me via email for more details if you're interested and qualified. Thanks,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old July 1st, 2003, 08:38 AM   #135
New Boot

Regarding the South Florida regional group, with interest in Vegas video, Sound Forge, Acid, and of course shooting, lighting, etc, I have a suggestion :
Several of you are north of Palm Beach, several are south.
There is an Internet Cafe just east of the Lantanna rd exit on I-95 ( this is just south of West Palm, but north of Boynton Beach) .

This cafe has a big Plasma screen TV we can play DVD's of our work on, and 3 computers we could potentially load Vegas and other programs on. The Internet Cafe is owed by a friend of mine, so I know we could do this. The cafe has great coffee, a really nice meeting place atmosphere, and easily big enough for up to 2 dozen people to have a meeting.

If you guys like the idea of having some meetings at this place, where we can do some collaboration/show & Tell/ techniques in editing, play videos we have done on plasma screen, etc, then let me know. I could certainly shoot a video of the cafe and place it on a stream server so you can see what this place looks like.

The cafe will like this, because having Internet user groups visiting the cafe will be an effective model for them to look towards for future marketing.
Everything would be free, as long as several of us don't mind buying coffee :-)

And for the non-Vegas using heretics, there could still be plenty of technique sharing which could benefit in both directions :-)
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands