Helping Hands from 2011 - Page 11 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old April 10th, 2011, 11:12 AM   #151
Regular Crew

Shooter needed Portland, OR, April 18, Bend April 19

I need an experienced second camera operator (HDV) in the Portland, OR, area all day April 18, and in Bend, OR, on April 19.

If the shooter is from Portland and can do the shoot in Bend, also, we pay travel expenses. We would be staying overnight in Bend April 18.

This is for a cable TV show (running nationally). Home - Guns and Gear

We will supply Sony HDV camera and gear, but may use shooter's gear, also. To be discussed.

Please respond via email to tom@guntalk.com.
Old April 10th, 2011, 11:28 AM   #152
Inner Circle

Re: Shooter needed Portland, OR, April 18, Bend April 19

Tom--

Email sent.
Old April 12th, 2011, 01:36 PM   #153
Regular Crew

Bryan Tx. gig

I'm located in Dallas, but I have a lead to a realtor gig in Bryan, Tx for virtual tours.

It's way too far from Dallas for their budget, but I'd like to pass this op to a fellow DVI member.

Contact me if interested.
Old April 12th, 2011, 03:16 PM   #154
Regular Crew

Western MA shooter looking for work this summer

Looking for someone who needs a 2nd shooter in CT, MA, NY, and RI this summer

Gear:
XH-A1
5DMk2
70-200L f2.8 IS USM
24-105 f4 IS USM
Pro-6HDV tripod
NTG-2 shotgun

Portfolio:
Tim Kerigan on Vimeo (ignore the Jack Valentine video, that is being hosted for a friend)

Awards:
Platinum Aurora Award
1st place, Corporate video, Indiana Association of School Broadcasters
Old April 12th, 2011, 07:34 PM   #155
Regular Crew

Re: Bryan Tx. gig

I'm in Dallas too, but my family has a place out that way. Give me a shout. apage(at)bigdigi(dot)net
Old April 12th, 2011, 10:39 PM   #156
Regular Crew

Second shooter for performance in Norfolk, VA, April 16, 2011

Looking for a second shooter with a 3CCD camera for a two hour performance in Norfolk, VA at 8pm on Saturday, April 16, 2011. Experience with performing arts preferred. SD card HD workflow preferred.

Still working out the details with the client, but time is short, so I'm posting this now. Email christian/at/artslaureate.com with an introduction, camera, and rates.

Thank you!

Last edited by Christian Brown; April 13th, 2011 at 08:30 AM.
Old April 14th, 2011, 02:50 PM   #157
Major Player

Nationally televised Hunting show seeks field producers

Nationally televised outdoor program seeks camera operators/field producers to add to our team. Top candidates should have experience in filming and field producing hunting related shows, have a demo reel that can be viewed, HD video camera (prefer file based over tape) and supporting gear.

If you're interested please contact me directly via email, not this web site.

Please include in your response a list of current gear, link to your online demo if available, phone number and a short description of your experience.

My email is tyge@fulldrawoutdoormedia.com
Old April 17th, 2011, 07:40 AM   #158
Regular Crew

Re: Bryan Tx. gig

Aaron, the job was already filled right after I posted this. Sorry for the confusion.
Old April 18th, 2011, 07:24 AM   #159
Tourist

Need Sound Recordist for Washington DC shoot Saturday 04/30

We need an experienced sound recordist to help with a documentary film shoot happening in Washington DC Saturday 30th April (and possibly the evening of 29th April, same location—details forthcoming). We will be shooting a memorial ceremony at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall, so professional decorum, respectful discretion and sensitivity are a must. There may also be some production work (including interviews and conversation capture) at nearby hotels with participating veterans both before and after the ceremony.

Please email your gear list, resume, samples and rates to bj248 at cam.ac.uk and anandrao97 at gmail.com. Thank you!
Old April 18th, 2011, 11:18 AM   #160
New Boot

Central Illinois - Part-Time Video Assistant Needed

I'm looking to hire a part-time person that would go with me on Videography shoots. Please contact me at centralillinoisvideo@gmail.com if you are good with a camera and would like to make some extra money.
Old April 20th, 2011, 05:45 PM   #161
New Boot

What is the best way to attract Actors for Independent Film?

I realize this board is more for the film crew, but given the vast knowledge of the members here, I thought I would give it a shot.

Let me first say thank you in advance for any and all input. Your response is greatly valued.

I held two days of open casting calls, but the turnout was dismal. I did the following, but I'm obviously missing something.

1. Created a flyer with the dates, a short description of movie, header image, etc.
2. Posted at some local acting schools and talent agencies a month before. I also posted on an open casting call website.
3. Followed up with everyone about a week before.
4. Created a character list, created shorts & posted all the info on the website.

I had two people the first night and only a few the second night.

If you guys have any ideas, thoughts, instructions, experience, I would love to hear it.

Thanks again!
Sean
Old April 21st, 2011, 07:26 AM   #162
Major Player

Sony PMW-EX3 Camera/Operator Needed in Boston

I am looking to hire someone with a Sony PMW-EX3 (or better) XDCAM EX camera, to work with me on a two camera shoot in Boston. This will be a two day conference on May 16th and 17th. We will be recording and offloading SXS media. Time code will be synced between our two cameras. It will be a simple shoot recording training sessions. Camera one will stay on a medium close-up of the speaker and follow him/her as they move. Camera two will stay wide to capture the screen & speaker, then break off to move to the front of the room to capture handheld shots of the audience members during brief Q&A sessions.

No Sony EX1 or EX1R cameras please as I need to sync time code.

Please e-mail me at jim@jmnproductions.com with a rate for the two days. Thanks.
Old April 21st, 2011, 12:01 PM   #163
Regular Crew

Portland, OR - Video job - May 2, 3 and 5.

Portland, OR
Video job, May 2, 3 and 5.

We are looking for a camera operator with a small or medium size HDV or AVCHD camera.

Ideally you will have:
- a hi-def camera with two XLR inputs that records to either SDHC or Compact Flash
- a 25’ XLR cable with a 1/4 inch adaptor to plug into the sound board
- a shotgun mic, or on-board camera mic, to capture one channel of ambient room audio
- a steady tripod
- have enough media to shoot for a full day (9am to 6pm: offloading media cards will occur throughout the day)
- live local with transportation

The video job is straightforward:
- record presentations in secondary conference track
- wide angle, locked off shot
- monitor audio with headphones
- monitor for framing and proper exposure (no panning, zooming or movement of camera)

Breakfast and lunch provided by conference
Parking paid for by conference

If interested, please send me your contact information and daily rate. Also, please send me a link to any conference/lecture/presentation work you have done.

Many thanks
Tim Ducharme
tim.ducharme @ digitalplayhouse . ca
Old April 23rd, 2011, 09:09 PM   #164
Major Player

Looking for 2nd Wedding Cinematographer in Boston

This is a 6-7 hour event in the evening of a south asian wedding. This is primarly a 2nd shooter job.

Must be expert in DSLR and have own equipment as well as experience on weddings

Please forward your half day rate along with equipment list to contact@filmstyleweddings.com

Thanks
Old April 25th, 2011, 06:37 PM   #165
Wrangler

Need HPX500 or equivalent for 1 day rental

I have a webisode shoot and need a 2/3" camera like the HPX500 (Sony's OK). We have money but not full rental retail, so I'm reaching out for private owners who could probably use the cash. It would be for May 3rd (next Tuesday). Send a p.m. with your package. Thanks.

Los Angeles only please--if Orange County etc., would need delivery to LA included.

c

(thanks Bill for the date correction)
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands