Helping Hands from 2011 - Page 16 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old July 21st, 2011, 11:44 PM   #226
Major Player

dslr wedding shooter needed saturday in southern ontario

Hey my second videographer just backed out for an emergency and Im scrambling to find someone to fill the spot. Im from Hamilton and the wedding is in Seaforth (north of London) so it's a bit of a drive.

requirements are:
a DSLR video capable camera and maybe a tripod and some cards would be great.
experience on a wedding a major asset, good at focusing the camera in a live setting.
enthusiastic and outgoing a huge benefit.
a car to get either to me in the hamilton area or to seaforth or somewhere along the way.

I'm paying $25/h min 10 hours.

email me at info@dsweddingcinema.com or txt at 778.834.2131 and I'll get back to you right away. Email me some of your work if you can too.

Thanks alot!

David
Old July 22nd, 2011, 09:39 AM   #227
Major Player

Re: Venetian Police boat siren needed

Thanks for the pointer, it's helped me find some interesting clips to forward to the director
Old July 22nd, 2011, 09:52 AM   #228
Major Player

Re: dslr wedding shooter needed saturday in southern ontario

I found someone already. thanks for the responses!
Old July 23rd, 2011, 08:53 PM   #229
Major Player

shooter 8-6-11 St. Petersburg FL

I need a b roll shooter for 8-6-11. Wedding in St. Pete Beach Florida. Apprx 3-5 pm.

Thanks
Old August 3rd, 2011, 01:43 PM   #230
Regular Crew

Looking to Rent Ki Pro in Chicago

I am needing to rent a Ki Pro in the Chicago area on Aug 9th-10th. Just wanted to see if any small companies wanted to make some extra cash before I went to VER. I could pick it up and drop it back off. My shoot is actually in Michigan City IN.

Thanks!
Old August 7th, 2011, 01:00 PM   #231
Major Player

Camera Op--NC 8/13/11

We are shooting the bulk of a relatively low budget sizzle reel this Saturday, August 13, in the Mocksville area of North Carolina. I'm looking for a camera op to run my EX-3 as a second unit camera, so having some familiarity with the EX family or Sony HDV cameras would certainly help.

Most of the crew is working for lower than usual rates, but we can throw a couple hundred bucks in the pot for a reasonably experienced shooter...and we'll feed you as well! It's an outside shoot, so sunburn and heat stroke provided at no extra charge.

Contact me if interested:

Bill Ward, DP
High Fire Productions, Inc
Mooresville, NC
muddfolks@aol.com
503 730-8368
Old August 8th, 2011, 07:00 PM   #232
New Boot

Boom operator for Toronto shoot

Hello,

I'm looking for someone preferably with experience using a boom mic! We're doing a shoot in Toronto on August 23rd, and are looking another member to round out our crew. Equipment will be provided.

This is a paying gig, but students/enthusiasts are welcome.

Shoot involves a professional sports league. So if you like sports and are in the Toronto area, PM me.

Take care,

Nik
Old August 9th, 2011, 03:44 PM   #233
Trustee

Green Screen Studio needed near Long Island

Green Screen Studio needed near Long Island

Client has a quick interview needing to be shot on a green screen. No more than an hour. Prefer file-based camera like XF300, EX1r, HPX 170 or better. Contact me for further info. Shoot needs to happen in the next two weeks.
Old August 10th, 2011, 05:56 PM   #234
Trustee

Re: Green Screen needed near Long Island

More details...interview needs to happen in or near Melville, NY
Portable greenscreen setups are ok.
Old August 15th, 2011, 01:08 AM   #235
Wrangler

Need visual effects work for two short clips

I directed a short film/music video for the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence recently, I'm in the final stage of the edit. There are two clips of a few seconds each that need a little visual effects work. One isa no-brainer, painting out a hand that entered the frame accidentally. The other is creating the effect of fragments of a shattered dinner plate flying through the frame in the foreground. Fairly simple stuff but needs to be done elegantly and believably.

The project is being done pro bono for the cause, all help up to this point has been donated. If necessary I can pay a little for this work but it would be out of my pocket at this point. I would think that it shouldn't take too long for someone with decent skills. It would be very much appreciated.

Please PM me if you think you can do this, hopefully this week as we are on a tight deadline.

Thanks!
Old August 15th, 2011, 08:12 AM   #236
Obstreperous Rex

Re: Need visual effects work for two short clips

If necessary, I can help out a bit with compensation, via PayPal.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old August 15th, 2011, 09:15 AM   #237
Inner Circle

South Coast UK Camera/lighting/sound - end September onwards

Looking for the following in the UK for a ten minute pilot to be shot in the New Forest, near Southampton.

1. Lighting/camera operator familiar with prosumer Canon (especially XH-A1S). Cameras provided, also basic lighting kit but would be interested in rates with and without gear. Lighting-wise I am looking for a clean 'real life' look, rather like The Office or Curb Your Enthusiasm. We have a basic jib, dolly and track, glidetrack etc.

2. Sound recordist. Not certain yet whether we will record dual sound or go straight into camera. We can provide mics but again would be interested in rates with and without gear.

If there are economies of scale to be enjoyed by committing to multiple days (see below) then please state this (although I do need a single day rate for the pilot).

Initially looking to shoot a ten minute pilot for the client in late September (one day shoot). If successful it will result in a commission for up to 30 (max) ten minute episodes over the following 12 - 14 months. We expect to be given a sensible production budget and expect to pay proper industry rates. Note the word 'sensible' - the client is a premium brand training provider but, like many of us, they have suffered badly in the recession, so they are extremely cost-conscious. They do know that they need to pay a sensible rate for quality, though.

Sorry, but this is unlikely to be a job for someone looking for their first break. We will have lots to do, with tight deadlines and will expect shots to be set up with the minimum of experimenting!

Subject wise, the videos will be short scenarios depicting activity in an office environment. The client wants them to be humourous and has written a pilot script which he thinks is funny (bless). It will need much work and a strong cast to drag every ounce of mirth out of this otherwise rather dry well ;-). On the subject of cast, this is not confirmed at this point but we will be using established professionals, all with television experience (no names, though).

However this ends up, we do tend to have a bit of fun on our shoots so at the very least you should enjoy yourself!

One tiny problem - I am about to go on holiday for two weeks and may not have much access to internet while I am away. I will be checking email at every opportunity though, but please accept my sincere apologies if I don't respond for a while. Other than this idiotic bit of poor timing, this is a serious request for crew!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Ian . . .
ian@vit-media.com
Old August 16th, 2011, 11:15 AM   #238
Trustee

Re: South Coast UK Camera/lighting/sound - end September onwards

E-mail sent to you 16/8/11
Old August 17th, 2011, 12:59 PM   #239
Wrangler

Seriously folks--I see amazing effects work being done all the time "just for fun". This is an opportunity to be part of a video for a very serious and important cause. The material is going to be used in a national campaign by the NCADV, plus the band already has existing distribution and exhibition from their previous videos. I'd love to be able to involve someone through DVI on this.

It's fair to say that beggars can't be choosers, however I need to maintain the believability of the shot so the work needs to be convincing, otherwise I'll go with the shots as is. If you are able to help out, please be confident that you can deliver fully realistic results. Thanks!

Clip below: plate smash at :02, shot that requires fragments immediately following.
Attached Files
File Type: mov plateeffects.mov (779.2 KB, 223 views)
Old August 17th, 2011, 03:03 PM   #240
Major Player

I can also help a little with compensation via pay pal.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands