DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2011 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/470624-helping-hands-2011-a.html)

Garrett Low March 31st, 2011 12:48 PM

Re: I'm looking for more work paid or not in N. Cali Wedding / Corporate Etc.

Hi all,

I'm in the same situation, looking for more corporate and commercial work. It's a matter of networking like Oren eluded to. I've looked into joining BAPVA but unfortunately they are a south bay group and I'm up int the north bay so I wouldn't be able to attend most of their functions. Any ideas for north of SF?

Thanks,
Garrett

Mat Thompson March 31st, 2011 04:23 PM

Re: Searching for Video professional in Norway

Hi there - Check out Per Johan - video-film.no

He does mostly wildlife but he's a flawless technician and I'm sure would do a good job for what you want !

Oren Arieli March 31st, 2011 08:16 PM

I know it's a bit of a trip from Novato, but we've got Berkley, San Ramon, Livermore and even Sacramento members. It might be worth your while to join if only to be a part of the active forum where we seek out "helping hands", share information, tips and tricks, and help solve each others problems.
The $125/year to join can be easily made up in your first paying gig through the group. Just a thought.
BTW, I don't work on commissions from recruiting, in case you were wondering.

Oren Arieli March 31st, 2011 08:23 PM

Memphis, TN 4 camera ops requested

I've got a 4 camera shoot that requires help for an all-day July 4th big event (concert/speeches/parties). Part will be live-switched, so I need 3 good shooters, and one steadycam operator (full vest system only, no handheld rigs please). Must have tapeless capability and low-light capable cameras.

There will be a rehearsal day on the 3rd (most likely another full day).
If you're interested/available, please send relevant info my way: info@awesomeshot.com
Include brief resume or corporate experience, gear, and rate for shooting/non-shooting time (meetings, setup, etc.).

Thanks!

Bjørn Sørensen April 1st, 2011 06:30 AM

Re: Searching for Video professional in Norway

Tak for info. case closed.

Garrett Low April 2nd, 2011 12:42 AM

Thanks Oren. I'll definitely look into it. I've got a couple of projects that are taking up all my time right now but I'll be in touch soon.

Garrett

Christopher Glavan April 3rd, 2011 01:46 AM

Suggestions for a guy like me up here in Redding?

David Chilson April 3rd, 2011 02:04 PM

Two Shooters with equipment-Upstate NY

I need 2 additional shooters for a 4 camera shoot in the town of Wilson NY on May 14. (Between Rochester and Niagara Falls, closer to the falls.This is an early morning (5:00 am) start and long day and you must NOT get sea sick. Previous on the water experience helpful, fishing tournament experience a big plus. Must have own equipment. (XHA1 preferred, tape based client requested camera and we will be turning over our tapes.) Please contact me with your daily rate and any further details and please consider the length of the day. (10 hours)

Oren Arieli April 3rd, 2011 11:29 PM

Not sure if there is enough of a videographer's community in Redding to warrant a PVA. I would assume that you've got at least a dozen folks dabbling in video full or part time. This is how the BAPVA started, and we've grown to 70 active members (and about 3 times that many on our mailing list). Doesn't take any start-up capitol, just a meeting place, some refreshments, and a willingness to help each other out.
Best of luck!

Oren Arieli April 3rd, 2011 11:31 PM

Any 3D Wedding Videographers in N. Cali?

A wedding-coordinating friend of mine has tasked me with finding an experienced 3D filmmaker for a client (with means, thank goodness). If you know of anyone, please send them my way: info{at}awesomeshot.com

Thanks.

Kevin McRoberts April 4th, 2011 01:57 PM

Jib/Crane Owner/Operator, Charlottesville VA 6/25

Looking for that 4th angle for a full day indoor multi camera shoot. Panasonic P2 or AVCHD ideal, others considered.

Please email mcbob@mcbob.tv with rate and reel. Thanks

David Koeppel April 4th, 2011 02:23 PM

Equine videographers - Los Angeles

I am looking for shooters with the right skills and equipment to provide coverage for a horse show to take place at the Los Angeles Equestrian Centre in Burbank, CA, May 4-8. The paying assignment will mainly involve the filming of individual riders entered in various classes, but may include rotations on a multi-channel Webcast, as well.

Experience filming horses in exhibition is greatly preferred, but for the uninitiated who are willing to spend a few (non-paying) hours with me on a day prior to the event to obtain practice, learn the work flow, and familiarize themselves with the setting, I would take that into consideration.

Please do not apply unless you have a pro- or semi-pro camera that can shoot 16x9, 60i, and has a minimum 10X zoom autofocus lens that can be operated with a multi-speed zoom controller. A sturdy tripod and a high-quality fluid head are also essential. If you’ve filmed horses in action before, please include a link with your inquiry.

Chris Hurd April 4th, 2011 02:33 PM

Re: Equine videographers - Los Angeles

Please state whether or not this is a paying job. Thanks,

Matthew Renoir April 4th, 2011 02:50 PM

Hey David, I live near the Equestrian Center, have all my own equipment, and am available the dates listed. I sent you an email with more details. Thanks!

David Koeppel April 4th, 2011 03:32 PM

Sorry, I had presumed paying jobs were implied here, unless stated otherwise. Yes, it pays, though exact terms TBD.

Thanks, Matt, I'll be sure to review your credentials.