Helping Hands from 2012 - Page 12 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old September 3rd, 2012, 11:46 AM   #166
Major Player

Re: Need shooters in FL: Tallahassee & Melbourne

Richard...email me at jkuhn12@cfl.rr.com. I'm 20-minutes from Melbourne, FLA.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 07:16 PM   #167
Regular Crew

Need to rent a XHA1 Cleveland Ohio

I'm looking to rent a Canon XHA1 in Rocky River Ohio for a wedding ceremony on Sept. 22nd.
I will have two of my own there but I would really like a 3rd. for the ceremony.
Old September 4th, 2012, 02:09 PM   #168
Major Player

Re: Need to rent a XHA1 Cleveland Ohio

How about an XH-A1s? I live in North Olmsted so I am not far at all from you. Let me know what you are looking to spend.
Old September 4th, 2012, 02:21 PM   #169
Regular Crew

ATSRentals.com
We got two of them for an event in Palm Beach, FL. They shipped on time and were easy to work with. Gear was in good shape and complete except for the built-in shotgun mic holder, which I didn't need.

I think they're in Chicago.
Old September 4th, 2012, 02:47 PM   #170
Major Player

Also, if you want something more official, DODD Camera rents A1's out of their main Cleveland office on Carnegie.
Old September 4th, 2012, 08:45 PM   #171
Regular Crew

Re: Need shooters in FL: Tallahassee & Melbourne

Email sent
Old September 7th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #172
Regular Crew

NY shooter is looking for gigs in SF

I will be frequently visiting SF starting this October.
Looking for on-stage, wedding and commercial gigs. Occasional and long term.
Will be traveling twice a month for 3-4 days with 2 GH2s, fast primes and zooms, wireless sound, zoom h4n, portable lights, light tripod. Can bring any specific MFT lens if needed. Will have car and gps. My work is on TREEAM PRODUCTION | Boutique video production company
Looking forward to meet fellow shooters and maybe become usefull. So far my work experience with other dvinfo members was great!
Old September 8th, 2012, 02:23 AM   #173
Trustee

Re: NY shooter is looking for gigs in SF

Do you have your California business license in hand already? I heard it takes about 4 months for the Sacramento office to issue it. Crazy!
Old September 10th, 2012, 10:21 AM   #174
Major Player

Shooter/Editor, available throughout Mid-Atlantic

I've been operating locally and day-tripping for a few years now, and am looking to extend beyond and (hopefully) to bigger projects. Documentary, ENG, corporate, and scientific work forms the bulk of my reel, with clients including Sports Illustrated, Reel Life Films, Discovery Education, JOVE.com, StudioNow, and more. Venturing beyond this style would be a welcomed change.

I own an easily-mobile complete 2-camera package (AF100 + GH2 (hacked)) with lighting, have reliable all-weather trasportation, take directions easily, and by most reports don't suck to be around. For more information about me and links to professional and personal work, visit:

video, productions, McBob Productions Charlottesville, VA
Kevin McRoberts on Vimeo

Let me know how I can help. Thanks.
Old September 11th, 2012, 08:02 AM   #175
Regular Crew

PAID GIG: Half day shoot-Jordan, UT

Our client needs some interviews and b-roll shot at a partner facility in Jordan, UT on 9/20 @2PM. This should only take a half day and the deliverable will be the raw footage. If you're interested, you should have a 24p HD camera, good lav mic and a light kit. Here's an example of what we want. Interviews start about 4:20: DealersUnited: TimeHighway - YouTube

If you're interested, PM me ASAP. Thanks!
Old September 13th, 2012, 06:46 AM   #176
Trustee

Re: shooter needed in Newark - Sat 8th Sept

Just to update anyone who's interested - I had a number of replies but Alex K was close to the action and ready to to the job. Even though we're on different continents in different time zones, things were easily organised and Alex did a terrific job on the day.

Without the forum I wouldn't have known where to start - I trust Chris won't mind a thanks to the DVinfo forum in the final credits of the DVD which will be distributed to people in Australia, the UK, Canada & the US. The proceeds will go to funding research into the little known condition of MSA - Multiple System Atrophy.

Thanks Alex
Old September 17th, 2012, 07:28 AM   #177
Contributor

Philadelphia Area Shooter and audio needed 9/26 and 9/27

I need an experienced shooter for doing interviews and general meeting/seminar shooting next week in the northern suburbs of Philadelphia. I will be shooting with an EX-3 (or possibly XF305) directly to a field recorder (PIX 240), so please have a camera of that type available. No tape as everything will be recorded to cards/recorders. We will be shooting classroom settings, interviews outside, and also audience reactions to controlled electrical explosions. I will be lighting interviews with Lite Panels.

Also looking for an audio grip to handle the interviews. I'm using wireless lav mics, but the client is interested in using booms.

Please send me an e-mail with your availability, your day rate, and any details you have.

Thanks!
Old September 19th, 2012, 04:17 PM   #178
Contributor

Re: Philadelphia Area Shooter and audio needed 9/26 and 9/27

Found someone... No longer looking.
Old September 28th, 2012, 06:45 AM   #179
Regular Crew

Looking for international shooters for street interviews

Just got a new camera and are looking to make some money? Want a reason to film people on the street?

We are looking for people in ANY country besides America (we have that covered) to ask questions to people on the street and have a short, one to two minute conversation with them. We will provide three question for you to ask three different people, and waivers for the interviewees to sign. Then, send us the raw footage and a scan of the waivers, and we will send you $50 USD. English is preferable, but if the answers are in a different language, we will work out a separate fee for a typed out transcript. Note: this footage will never be publicly available online.

Why do we want this? We are working on a self paced learning curriculum for children, and would like to provide an around the world perspective to how people from different countries view the world.

For instance, a question might be, “What makes someone a hero?” or “What do you think friendship is all about?” They are not particularly hard questions, but we want you to get the person talking for a minute or so by asking simple follow up questions based on how they answer.

This video is for younger children, so please do not use profanity (if interviewee does, we will edit it out), and look for modestly dressed people (no cleavage, bikinis, etc.). You can use any camera, preferably with a shotgun mic attached to it. Payment will be made through Paypal when we receive the footage.

If we like your work, there will be bigger additional paid shooting opportunities in the next year.

Please reply or email veritasvideos1@gmail.com if you are interested. Thanks!
Old September 28th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #180
Regular Crew

Sony z1

Does anyone know where I can rent or buy a battery charger for a Sony Z1 camcorder on the island of Maui?

Thanks,
Mickey Stroud

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands