Helping Hands from 2012 - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old May 21st, 2012, 10:30 AM   #91

Re: 5D3 operators in Austin?

We are updating firmware for free on the cameras and have a bevy of operators who have picked up locally. If the need arises I'll pass YOUR info to them and THEY can respond. I won't release client info without them knowing...

Old May 21st, 2012, 12:43 PM   #92
Major Player

Re: Shooter needed in the Boston area.

Hi Steve,

What time of day is the recital?

Thanks, Jim
Old May 22nd, 2012, 10:51 AM   #93
Regular Crew

Re: 5D3 operators in Austin?

Thanks Phillip.I know where to go if the need again arises.
Old May 23rd, 2012, 02:15 AM   #94
Major Player

Re: Looking for a place to intern in Houston.

thanks a lot Bass, sorry for the late reply, I didn't know how to subscribe to threads back then. I would want to work for film production and corporates work. Not really interested in News. Do you now if there are any good film school in Houston? I heard from people that Houston Community College is good for film and Alvin ( which is close to me) have a really good broadcasting program. I might go into tv broadcasting if there is a higher chance of a stable job. And yes I am already 18, about to get out of high school in June 2nd and head off to college to follow my dream :)
Old May 23rd, 2012, 03:07 AM   #95
Slash Rules!

No worries.

There are not really any film schools in Houston. There are places with film/TV/etc. PROGRAMS, like, yes, HCC, UofH has something, Art Institute, etc. As I understand it these are by no means in the same league as attending a "real" film school. UT in Austin is pretty well known for their film program. Other than that, I don't even know what (if anything) is in Texas.

Please know that film school is not required or even any kind of guarantee that you will make it in the industry. It's just one of several valid avenues to get you there.
Old May 23rd, 2012, 06:21 AM   #96
Major Player

yes I know, just hoping to make some contacts and the training might be useful. How about for television? is it the same as filmmaking where I really don't need a degree?
Old May 23rd, 2012, 02:33 PM   #97
Slash Rules!

Depends what you mean by "television".

I believe some positions as TV stations do actually require a degree, but that may more for working in news or operations (operations being basically helping run the station, in a technical sense -- master controller, stuff like that). There may be a few shows around town that need crew people (Hot on Homes, etc.), and I couldn't say as to whether those would require degrees or not.

Google "tv jobs Houston" or similar and see what pops up. Also check each station's web site for job listings and see if they mention degrees.
Old May 24th, 2012, 09:29 AM   #98
Regular Crew

Pageant editing

Shot a local pageant with 3 cameras (Sony cx55x series) and have separate audio. Not up to putting it all together for a dvd. Looking for help putting the footage together with output being a dvd & bluray dvd. Not the best quality due to lack of lighting and such. Just need it all put together as best as possible and finished. Better half is on my butt. I would prefer Vegas so I can copy the job to my computer after it is finished.

Email me with any questions.
Thanks
Old May 24th, 2012, 09:41 AM   #99
Trustee

Re: Pageant editing

Hi Richard,

I can't email you as it's not an option when I click on your name. I edit in Vegas Pro 9. What is the anticipated length of the finished video? What is your timeline for getting it done? And what is your budget for getting the edit done? Email me if you're still looking for someone to do it.

Thanks,
Garrett
garrett@GLowMediaProductions.com
Old May 24th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #100
Inner Circle

Re: Pageant editing

I am also available to help.
Old May 27th, 2012, 10:52 AM   #101
Regular Crew

Camera-Assistant in Moscow?

Hi,
I am looking for a Camera Assistant for a documentary shoot in Moscow in June (most likely June 20-25).
He/she should speak English (or German).
Thanks a lot.
Jürgen
Old May 28th, 2012, 01:22 PM   #102
Regular Crew

Re: Camera-Assistant in Moscow?

Oleg Kalyan on Vimeo

Speaks perfect English.
If you choose him, tell him hello from Alex Talis in Dallas
Old May 31st, 2012, 04:42 PM   #103
New Boot

re: Helping Hands from 2012

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for all the replies and resumes and links! Really appreciate!

Now that we are in the craziness of wedding season, we are looking to add another team of DSRL's shoots! Please let us know if you are interested!

Thank you!

Brian
Old May 31st, 2012, 05:18 PM   #104
Inner Circle

re: Helping Hands from 2012

Yes I'm to far away too. Love the name Redondo .. Re-don-do, it's like Embarcadero.

Judging by the celeb news, there should be a lot of biz in LA. Colorful site too, all the best.

Cheers.
Old June 4th, 2012, 07:52 PM   #105
Major Player

Producing music videos, having someone help

I produce and direct music videos, and I really need someone to help plan out this music video that I am in pre-production for. Would the title for that person be; co-producer? or what should I call this person when I ask people if they want to help out with the pre-production/planing?

I do know a possible person I have worked with, but they work under their own company name. Should I consider using this person and say the video was produced by (company A) and company (B)?

OR since I am the one who got the client, should I keep it solely under my business name? And then tell that person that I am hiring you; not your business name?
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands