Helping Hands from 2012 - Page 15 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old November 9th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #211
Major Player

Re: I can make a great, low cost video for you

willing to go to san diego?

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-...dec-1-2-a.html
Old November 12th, 2012, 07:23 AM   #212
Major Player

Swiss Based EX1 (or similar) shooter required.

Looking for a Swiss based EX1 (or similar) shooter to shoot 3 pieces to camera near a town called Stein on the 12th of December. Each piece to camera will be 3 minutes once edited.

1 lapel mic + interview lights will be required. Sony EX1 or similar preferred. Shooting in1080p.

Please email me with details of rates + a link to previous work (please do not attach video files to the email itself).

Thanks.

Last edited by Marcus Durham; November 13th, 2012 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Email address removed as vacancy filled
Old November 12th, 2012, 12:32 PM   #213
Regular Crew

Interviews/b-roll in Houston: PAID

Our client needs some interviews and b-roll shot at a partner facility and a car dealership in the Houston, TX area. We'd like to shoot the week of 11/19 and the partner and car dealership shoots don't have to be the same day. Each should only take a half day and the deliverable will be the raw footage. If you're interested, you should have a 24p HD camera, good lav mic and a light kit.

If you're interested, PM me ASAP. Thanks!
Old November 12th, 2012, 04:58 PM   #214
Major Player

Need 2nd shooter 11/18/12 Philadelphia

From 4:30pm to midnight. Filming in a low light enviroment so you will need to have a camera that can handle the lighting conditons. DSLR is fine. ANy one intereested please let me know as the date is quickly approaching.
Old November 13th, 2012, 04:59 AM   #215
Major Player

Re: Swiss Based EX1 (or similar) shooter required.

Have now found someone. Thanks.
Old November 14th, 2012, 10:14 AM   #216
Regular Crew

Videographer needed in Sao Paulo, Brazil - Nov 30th

Looking for a videographer to shoot an event in Sao Paulo, Brazil on Nov 30th. We will handle all editing, we just need the raw footage. You're looking at around 3-4 hours of work covering the event. All interested please respond ASAP for full details. Please include a link to your portfolio.
Old November 15th, 2012, 01:37 PM   #217
Major Player

Re: Looking for a shooter in San Diego / Dec 1-2

Bumpity bump
Old November 16th, 2012, 09:42 AM   #218
Major Player

Re: Need 2nd shooter 11/18/12 Philadelphia

Help my man out!

If you need, I can refer you to my friend - he shoots with an HM700U if that's acceptable for you? Can't guarantee he's free on the date though since I havent asked him yet.
Old November 20th, 2012, 12:29 AM   #219
New Boot

Looking for docu/action sports DSLR video shooters/similar-Feb 8th 2013. LA area

There is a lot of information to digest, but here are the super basics to see if anyone is interested initially in this documentary/race event shoot:

-In the desert. This is a hardcore off road truck desert race. Los Angeles area.
-Single day rate pay + reasonable travel costs driving to the event in Johnson Valley, CA (Landers, CA is closest town).
-Sun up to sun down.
-Potentially some walking/hiking, but nothing crazy.
-Off road conditions, that means dust. Not working out of a hotel. This is 100% a non studio environment.
-Accommodations provided in the form of an RV on site for shooters.
-Transportation while at the event to your shooting location off road is provided.
-Need to be on site the day prior to the shooting/work day to be familiarized/integrated with the happenings/plan, as race day starts at sun up and gets busy very fast. Arriving on race day is not an option.
-Looking for people with an artful eye and that can work in action sports/motorsports.
-Looking for people living in the general LA area/vicinity.

Dont want to scare anyone, this can be a very rewarding experience, and not something you get to see/experience/shoot every day. It however is not a typical "day shoot" and isn't for wusses ;P .

The name of the event is King of the Hammers. It is dubbed "The Ultimate Desert Race" and is one of the, if not the, most difficult off road races in the world, right here in the United States. The race consists of over 100 miles of harsh desert high speed terrain, mixed with some of the most challenging rock crawling in the country.

Anyone interested in an opportunity like this, please feel free to reach out to me via email (wgentile at heavymetalconcepts.com) and include:
1. Single day rate w/ equipment
2. What your equipment consists of
3. Your estimated travel costs associated in driving to the event in Johnson Valley, CA (Landers, CA area). It is roughly 3 hours outside of Los Angeles.
4. Any examples of related/similar experience (if any) and examples of past work of any kind, whether it be a reel, or similar. Bonus for motorsports/action sports. Extra bonus for off road racing, haha.

I can answer any questions/concerns you may have.

Hope to hear from some people and share this great experience!

Here is the trailer for this past year's (2012) race to give you an idea.

and one more related video of the 2011 event, for perspective:
Old November 22nd, 2012, 01:31 PM   #220
Regular Crew

I'll have an email for you by tonight!
Old November 22nd, 2012, 07:35 PM   #221
Major Player

Re: Looking for docu/action sports DSLR video shooters/similar-Feb 8th 2013. LA area

If I lived in CA I'd be all over this... automotive/motorsports is all I shoot!

Sounds like a blast. GL finding the help, Im sure there's plenty of people ready to jump at this.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 12:36 PM   #222
Major Player

Re: Looking for docu/action sports DSLR video shooters/similar-Feb 8th 2013. LA area

Former Pirate4x4 BB member, been admiring your work for years. Shame it's just a scoche outside of my local range.
Old November 24th, 2012, 12:04 AM   #223
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin McRoberts View Post
Former Pirate4x4 BB member, been admiring your work for years. Shame it's just a scoche outside of my local range.
right on, small world (e-world), thanks for the props!

got your email Chris, will drop you a reply after the holidays weekend is over
Old November 24th, 2012, 08:58 AM   #224
Major Player

why are you looking for a HDSLR shooter specifically? I have a Sony EX1.
Old November 25th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #225
Major Player

why HDSLR? I'm very interested, but I only own a Sony EX1. Which was good enough for Dexter, Michael Mann's "Public Enemies" and countless other shows/films.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands