Helping Hands from 2013 - Page 10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old August 8th, 2013, 10:51 PM   #136
Regular Crew

wedding videographer in Chicago for 9/21

Hey, trying to find a videographer for a wedding on Sept. 21 in the NW suburbs of Chicago. This is a primary gig, so need someone with experience, can manage a few cameras, be stylish with moving shots. Wanting to find someone to build a partnership with as I build my studio. Feel free to contact me at ron@ronmckinneyphotography.com. Let me know your equipment, including audio, and a link to your portfolio.

Thanks,
Ron
Old August 9th, 2013, 04:29 PM   #137
Regular Crew

Bend, OR. PA needed

Looking for someone for two nights, Aug. 14 and 15, in Bend, Oregon.

We are shooting for our TV series. This person will function as production assistant -- which is a general helper. This is a paid gig, of course. General knowledge of video production needed.

These shoots will be through the nights.

Send emails to:

tom at gun talk dot com

You can see what we do here: http://www.youtube.com/user/GunTalkTV

Old August 12th, 2013, 03:20 PM   #138
Major Player

Re: How do we find camera operators in our area?

I just checked MediaHalo - it is all Craigslist posting or Craigslist type "do it for free for me" listings!

I guess the nightmare continues...
Old August 12th, 2013, 03:42 PM   #139
Major Player

you missed the part where it's not ready yet, that's the years old site which will be replaced in about 10 days, and it was in response to the OP looking for crew
Old August 14th, 2013, 08:18 AM   #140
Trustee

Need camera operator in Orlando aug 23

I'm a shooter/ producer in Fort Lauderdale, and a client of mine is doing an hour presentation in Orlando on Friday the 23rd. They don't want to pay me to go up, so I told them I'd look for someone to shoot, and wed edit. You'd need camera and a wireless lav.
I shoot with a sony FS100 and and nx5u, and we're used to working with those avchd clips, but open to any similar camera.
If amyone is interested, please pm me at
yarock at a o l dot com
Thanks
Bruce Yarock
Video Production Fort Lauderdale, Miami, & West Palm Beach | Yarock Video Productions
Old August 16th, 2013, 09:04 PM   #141
Major Player

You might also want to try LinkedIn. There you may even find that others you know can recommend cam ops, or provide other feedback.
Other possibilities include some of the freelance sites like guru, odesk, and there are likely others.

The only other thing I'd suggest is if you're looking for a cam op, know that what you're asking for is someone who knows how to use their/a camera, i.e. how to focus, pan, and zoom smoothly, how to white balance, and what settings to use for your purpose. That implies you know what you want shot.
If you don't know and don't have a shot list, storyboard, or other guide about what is to be shot, and haven't written a script (if it's called for), then you may need more than a camera op.
I know there are a lot of folks and OMBs here who provide more than only camera operation, e.g. pre-production work, writing, directing, etc., but if you're asking for/expecting such things, you should be prepared to pay for those additional services.

RE: Mediahalo...I've visited that site in the past and was disappointed. I hope a new approach makes it something much more worthwhile.
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.
Old August 19th, 2013, 12:39 PM   #142
Major Player

it's gone through a handful of old iterations which were its false starts, i started it with some paid interns and it got going but then other things got it the way and it went stale, then i started it up again based on shooter lists, and then finally my programming friend after never being able to find a project which he could sink his teeth into agreed to partner up on it. that was a little over a year ago, and despite his full time job coding at jp morgan, he's been hard at work on it. he just released the hopefully second to last round of releases that im bug checking now, and once we release it, it'll be open for anyone to make suggestions on what they the users want to be added/changed. if you don't like something, say it, if you want to see something, request it, it'll be an evolving thing.

i can tell you that the primary idea at launch is to let people know that before looking to craigslist to hire someone, and deal with making an ad and then sorting through disorganized emails in the hundreds if not thousands, first see if you can find an ideal shooter on mh with a few clicks.
Old August 21st, 2013, 08:11 AM   #143
Trustee

Re: Need camera operator in Orlando aug 23

Thanks to guys who got back to mr. The client never even bothered to get back to me, so they're on their own
Bruce Yarock My new motto
"Doing the impossible for the ungratefull"
Old September 2nd, 2013, 10:45 PM   #144
Regular Crew

Citizen.tv is looking for Citizen Pros

We are a next-generation social video platform looking for community managers to help build an engaged and active audience in their assigned categories.

The community categories available are:
• Music
• Comedy
• Dance
• Film
• Travel
• News
• Animation
• Fashion
• Lifestyle
• Sports
• Documentaries
• Gaming
• Education & How To
• Auto & Vehicles
• Pets & Animals
• People & Blogs

Responsibilities for this role include:
• Generating video content for your assigned category (see above for category options)
• Sourcing and moderating talent for your assigned category (bring new content creators into the mix to contribute to your category)
• Manage multiple sub-categories within your assigned category
• Arrange featured playlists to show off new talent and best of your category (do not use for self-promotion)
• Develop the social community for your category via Facebook, Twitter, etc
• Moderate and stimulate discussion on your category’s community wall

Requirements:
• Must have experience with content management systems for basic administration and social media management experience
• A stable hi-speed internet connection with a minimum 1mbit upload and 8mbit download speed

How To Apply:
1. Create a profile on Citizen.tv using recent profile picture, showing date in the title.
2. Create a 1 – 3 minute application video explaining why you want to be a Citizen Pro with supporting material and upload the video to your Citizen.tv profile
3. Submit your application online:
Go to Become a Citizen Pro | citizen.tv - Discover, Share, Collaborate and send us a link with your profile URL as well as links to your CV, online portfolio and so on – make sure to include your available start date and chosen area of interest. OR, submit your application by email to: katy@citizen.tv
Old September 11th, 2013, 03:30 PM   #145
Trustee

Central Coast Australia Camera Man Wanted

Hi people,
I need an extra camera person on the 30th November at Wyong on the Central Coast.
Ive been caught with 2 dance concerts that overlap on the same day.
Pay is negotiable. Having your own HD camera would be an advantage but not essential.
Time commitment would be from approx 1pm to 5pm.
Old September 16th, 2013, 09:21 PM   #146
Trustee

Need Sony FS100 or NX5 shooter 9/21 Freehold NJ

I'm shooting an event at the Freehold Harnes track on Sat., the 21st. I want someone who has experience doing events ( booths, interviews, etc.). I shoot with both a Sony FS100 and Sony nx5, and want someone who has experience with either. I can provide the NX5 if you don't have one. If you are an FS100 shooter and have own cam, that's good too.
Send me an email at
yarock at a o l dot com. Include your phone numbner and I'll get right back to you.
Thanks
Old September 18th, 2013, 04:24 PM   #147
New Boot

FS700 Operators needed

Hey DVINFO friends.

Looking for US-based FS700 operators, and owner/operators.

Shooting a travel fishing show throughout the US October to April.

Ideally located in Miami, New Orleans or south Texas.

Bonus if you've got experience shooting on the water.

First shoot is October 21-29 in Islamorada, FL.

Please message me or email hjelholt@gmail.com with your availability and rates.
Old September 20th, 2013, 06:02 AM   #148
Tourist

Brooklyn Loft office & studio for photo/vidographer

Large private office (Brooklyn, NYC) available in arts loft. Tall ceilings, large windows, freight elevator, kitchen, bath with shower. Next door is an 800 sq ft open space available for photo/video shoots. Short walk to the Bedford L. Looking for visual arts/video pro (camera, edting, lighting) that can help with our business expansion into video production. Additional commission negotiable. Possible live/work. Please reply with basic background & contact info. Thanks
Old September 25th, 2013, 11:10 AM   #149
Major Player

Editor in Montreal Needed - Long Form Corporate

I am looking for an editor in Montreal to finalize a project I shot that I do not have time to edit for the client.

The project involves cutting up interviews and audio to be used in a long form 10-15 minute edit and getting a good dialogue flow for the project. No need to worry about polishing it/grading and making it final at this point as additional footage will be added in the future and that second job will be available as well if the work is good.

Send me an email or post here, I will be monitoring the thread actively. I can send a PDF brief on the project overall to those available.

Footage was shot on 7D/C300 and can be delivered directly. I am located in Laval and can travel into montreal to deliver the footage. Deadline is kind of tight, but I can give details through email.

Thanks
Old September 25th, 2013, 08:43 PM   #150
Major Player

Re: Editor in Montreal Needed - Long Form Corporate

And slot is filled!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands