Helping Hands from 2013 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old January 3rd, 2013, 11:49 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Helping Hands from 2013

Our client needs a number of testimonial interviews shot in several US cities in early January. Each location is a separate job. These are:
Shreveport, LA
Kansas City, MO
Indianapolis, IN
Richmond, VA
Waynesville, NC (west of Asheville, NC)
Fremont, NE (east of Omaha)
Wilsonville, OR (south of Portland)

Required equipment include a professional HD camera, mic and light kit. Each job should take a couple of hours. We will provide the the subject’s contact information and will be up to you to schedule the interview at a mutually convenient time.

The deliverables will be the interview footage and location b-roll. You will need to backup the footage (in case something happens to it in shipping) and then 2nd day the footage to us on a thumb drive. You will be reimbursed for the those costs.

If you’re interested please forward your contact information, samples of your work and your half-day rate.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 02:20 PM   #2
Major Player

re: Helping Hands from 2013

email sent re: Richmond, VA
Old January 3rd, 2013, 05:46 PM   #3
New Boot

Sorry, their is no such a thing as a half day rate.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 06:58 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Sent you an e-mail re: Waynesville, NC.
Old January 6th, 2013, 12:42 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Hohenshilt View Post
Sorry, their is no such a thing as a half day rate.
Hmmm. With all the fiscal cliff stuff going on, I must have missed the passing of that law.
Old January 6th, 2013, 01:58 PM   #6
Obstreperous Rex

I think he meant that half-day bookings are becoming less common these days.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old January 15th, 2013, 12:57 AM   #7
Major Player

Recent college grad interested in intern/pay field work. Any position. International.

I'm looking to add to my experience list, and I'd love to travel outside of the country. I currently run my own wedding videography business but given the chance I'd love to make some international connections and travel abroad learning with an experienced group. All film/video related positions are of interest.
Old January 15th, 2013, 08:48 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Half-day corporate shoot-Santa Ana, CA: PAID

Our client needs footage shot for a corporate overview video in Santa Ana, CA as soon as possible. You’ll need to shoot several interviews, exteriors of the facility and b-roll. Required equipment include an HD camera, mic and light kit. The deliverables will be the raw footage and should take no more than a half day to shoot. We will provide the the subject’s contact information, storyboards and it will be up to you to schedule the session at a mutually convenient time.

If you’re interested please forward your contact information, samples of your work and your half-day rate.
Old January 15th, 2013, 08:56 AM   #9
New Boot

Editor wanted for wedding films

Kentucky Studio is a thriving and fully booked wedding photography and film studio. We are currently seeking wedding film editors for the 2013 season.

Editing needs are as follows per wedding:
Importing, transcoding, synching and organizing all media
3-5 cinematic highlight
8-12 minute main feature
Full multi-camera cut of ceremony and speeches

Candidates must edit on their own Mac and will edit each project on FCPX. Experience with FCP 7 is also desired. We are looking for a editor that has wedding editing experience.

You must have knowledge of converting media to ProRES, multi-cam editing, synching external audio sources, mixing audio, color grading/correction and proficiency in FCPX.

We will do a final review edit on each project, export the masters, and package the film for our couples. We will provide you with plenty of information on each wedding so you can make thoughtful, emotional and meaningful edits.

Our preferance is to find someone we click with who desires to become part of our studio family. We will value your professional input and intend to have clear open communication on all projects. We don't just churn out wedding videos, we build friendly relationships with our couples and are committed to providing them a positive experience from the time we meet, thru the wedding, delivery of media and beyond.

Please respond to this ad with all of your contact information, your equipment, your experience, and a link to your work online. We will contact the applicants we feel best meet the position. We will have a FaceTime discussion about the position and to further discuss our style and address your questions.

Pay will be discussed in the interview and depends on your experience level and general understanding of the business. Please contact brian@six2sixproductions.com or send me a PM on this forum.
Old January 15th, 2013, 12:58 PM   #10
Major Player

Videographer: Detroit, Michigan

The LAW.TV is looking for a freelance videographer with a minimum of 5 years of experience in TV production or news. We shoot interviews with local attorneys in a controlled studio environment at WXYZ TV. Shoots will take place in a 4 hour window per law firm. Depending on the shoot there could be 1 or 2 firms per day. We ship our gear ahead of time to the shoot location. You will be required to set up the camera equipment, lights, mic and backdrop. We also provide a laptop with the questions to be asked. We also provide a "livestream" box to monitor and help you with the shoot. Please include a link to your website and demo reel.

Please contact:
Mark Bournes / Production Manager
TheLaw.TV.
mbournes@thelaw.tv
561-352-0255
THELAW.TV | Find Attorneys | Get Answers | Legal News
Old January 16th, 2013, 04:11 PM   #11
Tourist

Wanted: Adobe Premiere Guru near NYC

Looking for an Adobe Premier Pro guru, someone who could consult for at our agency in Northern NJ. We already know the interface, and can do basic editing, but need someone who knows Premiere inside-out who can take us to the next level, guide hardware choices, color grading, etc. We use After Effects a lot and would be bringing AE comps into Premiere, so knowledge of that round-trip would be essential. Any leads appreciated! Thanks!
Old January 23rd, 2013, 02:25 PM   #12
New Boot

New Kids show looking for Animal Footage

We are in production of a new show called “Animal Science", we are looking for specific animals for our show. We want animals in there natural habitat doing what they do best. The best footage will be of animals in action, and we want close-up shots of the animals.

"Animal Science" premiered in syndication last fall, it is an E/I (Educational/Informative) kids program designed to go behind the science of animals and what they do in the wild. "Animal Science", airs on over 150 U.S Broadcast stations representing 70 percent of the country's television households. We also produce 3 other long running E/I programs, " Wild About Animals:, "Awesome Adventures" and "Whaddyado".

I am posting on here looking for these awesome animal clips. If it's possible to get a list of animals in your library? We want about 1 minute of assorted clips per animal. The producer will of course need to screen all the footage and approve them. We would pay a flat rate per 1 minute of animal used on the show. You will also get a copy of the show on DVD and a credit at the end of the show. Please take a look at our website, and see some clips from our show. Steve Rotfeld Productions: Welcome

Thanks,
Matt Jay

Matthew Jay
Associate Producer
Steve Rotfeld Productions
740 Haverford Rd.
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
(610) 520-0671 Ext. 104
matt@rotfeldproductions.com
Old January 23rd, 2013, 11:13 PM   #13
Inner Circle

Re: New Kids show looking for Animal Footage

Matthew.

These links are for your own amusement, nothing else. - Images of south western Australian bandicoots or quendas coping in a semi-urban environment. In their truly wild state, motion mages of authentic behaviours will be a lot more difficult to obtain.

Obvious issues are :-

The ethics of feeding wild animals which have become challenged by urban expansion into habitat, chiefly the stress introduced by point-source supplementing food supply resulting in local overcrowding and competition.

Is there a positive payoff in that an endangered species survives numerically but at the expense of independence and possibly deleterious species alteration due to natural selection in an artificial environment that may adversely impact the diminshing true wild population.
Old January 24th, 2013, 07:56 AM   #14
New Boot

bob,

Do you shoot these videos?

Matt
Old January 24th, 2013, 10:21 PM   #15
Inner Circle

Matt.

I did shoot those clips but do not do nature film work for a living. They were shot on the rear verander of my place. These little guys use the rather unkempt back garden and a fern thicket as a refuge.

It is one thing to set up a camera and let it roll in a controlled environment, another to try to locate these little guys doing their thing in the wild. I think a lot of the nature documentary footage on them would have to be done in a controlled environment like an animal refuge with borescope cameras for pouch views of the young etc..

The population swings between about two and five, up to ten I have seen when they have a bit of a breeding season. The fights between the males are so spontaneous and anywhere that it would require a lot of doing nothing else for weeks just hoping the contest will kick off.

There is another lucky clip on youtube of two males fighting on a path. They get up on their back legs like roos and wrestle. They do a sort of a jujitsu-style hip throw when one overpowers the other.

David Parer is our Australian nature documentary icon.

David Parer - IMDb

He may have stock footage you can access. I have no connection with him or his production company except a very tenuous linkage via my old aunt and her friend Joan Parer who also lived in Roleystone around the time of WW2. Legendary Australian war cinematographer Damien Parer apparently was her brother.

Meryem Ersoz, who posts here under the Under Water Over Land threads here may have knowledge of nature documentarians in Eastern Australia.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands