Helping Hands from 2014 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old March 16th, 2014, 02:53 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Re: Vancouver Aug 30, 2014 Wedding

With all the people running to Reno to get married, I WONDERED where folks from Reno went!

Dylan Couper, a moderator here on DVInfo, runs a rental shop that a LOT of the wedding guys go to for gear. He will likely tell you who is good and who to avoid.

Be aware: almost everyone in the Greater Vancouver area is a dSLR shooter, for better or for worse depending on what you are looking for.
Old March 22nd, 2014, 08:47 AM   #17
Major Player

Second Cameraman Needed in Jackson, MS

I am filming a band festival that is taking place in two different locations near the Jackson, MS area. I have 3 conflicts where I need a second person to help film. I will have cameras all set up, 2 will be stationary and one will be controlled by the cameraman. No set up or breakdown needed. Just press record and film. Call me at 228-990-0572 or message me on this forum if you are interested and available. Thank you.
Old March 22nd, 2014, 12:37 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Washington, DC - Cinematographer seeking to assist documentary-in-progress

Looking for help with your film?

Me: DC filmmaker/cinematographer/writer/composer looking to help out with your doc.
I've made some short films (two of them good!) on which I did everything, but now I am looking to work on a local film project to build my skills, etc. I'm not a beginner, but I'm definitely not a pro-level cinematographer.

Interested?

You can find my most recent film here: HOAX Cinema Projects

Thanks!
Old March 31st, 2014, 05:43 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Frederick, Md. Ice Skating Show 4/13/14

I am unable to shoot this for a long-time customer. You can see samples of what I have done in the past at Chip Gallo on Vimeo

A single camera will do but we often use two for this type of event. The client provides CD music discs which should be synced to the camera audio in post. There are announcements and a presentation on the ice which should be miked (wireless) and matched to the video. I capture the audience applause on a small digital audio recorder and sync it to the skating in post.

The show typically takes about 1.5 hours with 25-35 skaters mostly skating singly. The venue is in Frederick, Md. The deliverable is DVD (separate chapters for each skater; no main menu) and it is preferred that you reproduce up to 40 copies.

Let me know your terms, experience level and equipment via PM on this board. I will pass on the best bids to the customer. After that she will contact you directly.

Thanks,
Chip
Old April 7th, 2014, 08:56 AM   #20
Major Player

I need a tota-light/stand in VEGAS april 7-15th

Hey guys, i figured i'd check in here.

I"m in Vegas from April 7-16th and i need to rent one tota/stand. Any users on here can hook it up?

Also possibly a photo strobe/stofbox as well

you can email me directly from here or send to saturnin9 at hotmail .com

thanks guys
Old April 13th, 2014, 08:49 PM   #21
Trustee

Re: I need a tota-light/stand in VEGAS april 7-15th

Dang! I saw this only today, April 13. I could have brought one for you since I went to NAB.
Old April 21st, 2014, 10:24 AM   #22
Regular Crew

DFW, TX Assistant needed for horse training clinic - May 1-4, 2014

I am putting this out there to see if I can find the right person. I have an intern but she's not going to be available for this. I can do it myself but really don't want to.

The job is a four day horse training clinic with one of Spain's premiere trainers. We will be on site 9-10 hours per day and will be shooting 7-8 of those. It is a one camera, stationary shoot with lots of panning and zooming. I will set up and break down all equipment. You need to have good eye-hand coordination and the ability to listen while shooting. Good bladder control is also a must because each session is 45-55 minutes and there are no cuts.

You would basically alternate with me throughout the day in 45-minute sessions. When not shooting you can rest, move around and perform some minor backup tasks on the computer. Oh, and you can watch some really talented horses being trained by one of the best.

Location is Pilot Point, TX. Shooting starts at 7:00am. Lunch will be provided on-site. Pay is $100/day cash. I'm laid back, retired military but, have a low tolerance for BS. If you need pampering, this is not for you. This could definitely lead to additional work if we get along.

Send me an email through my profile page if interested and we'll talk.

Last edited by Bob Ohlemann; April 21st, 2014 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Added location in title
Old May 9th, 2014, 10:05 AM   #23
Regular Crew

Need a second shooter for a L.I. wedding - June 29th, 2014

Hi!

I have a need for a second shooter on Long Island on June 29th. You would need a 5DM3 or a C100 (or better) for the low light issues inherent with weddings. Also, tripod(s), monopod, slider, whatever else you have.

If you're interested or have any questions please let me know at mh13904@yahoo.com with a list of your equipment, experience/samples, and expected pay for the day.

Thanks!

- Mike
Old May 10th, 2014, 02:54 AM   #24
Major Player

Looking for international contacts and experience

Hi,
I am a 40yo british/italian film-maker. I shoot, edit, direct, and produce (sometimes altogether, some times just one of these!). Was also CEO of a small company for few years. Worked in TV for 3. My portfolio is on Marcello Mazzilli on Vimeo. Worked for big italian brands, national TV networks, doing tv ads, corporate, documentaries, short films, live events.

I own a Blackmagic Production Camera 4k and other equipment for indie production, and I invented my own live events kit with a 6x inputs full digital hd camera switch based on Blackmagic that fits into a small valise.

I would like to work on some international project, either helping an overseas company here in Europe, or.. even better... travelling to other countries (US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand).

CV available upon request.

Thanks for reading,
M
Old May 12th, 2014, 08:32 PM   #25
Regular Crew

Re: Need a second shooter for a L.I. wedding - June 29th, 2014

Hello Mike, I may be interested. I do mostly fashion runways, back stages and interviews, but I have shot about ten weddings, you can take a loo at some samples not my webpage: celestina
Equip. list:

- Canon C100
- Canon 60D
- Canon EOS M (22 2.0, 18-55 3.5, + eos lens adapter)
- Canon L 70-200 IS II, 28-70L, 24-104L, 50 1.8, ...
- Sachtler + Manfrotto tripod
- Seinheiser G2 wireless lav
- Tascam dr-40 portable recorder
- zoom H1

We can discuss rates through email if you are interested. I am based in NYC. All the best,

Erick Munari
Old May 13th, 2014, 07:36 PM   #26
Regular Crew

Cannes Camera Op. 18 or 19th of May

I have a client in need of a Camera Operator in Cannes for May 18 or 19th. It consists of a two talking heads interview (interviewer and interviewee).
Send me your equipment list and rates including transportation.
Thank you
Old May 14th, 2014, 04:58 PM   #27
Regular Crew

Help Editing Weddings

I'm starting to look into getting some help with editing weddings. I work a full time production job and do weddings on the weekends, so it can be really hard to find time to edit at home and really easy to get WAY behind. I edit a music video style 'Wedding Day Video' and the ceremony. Also the occasional Reception video if they pay for it. Also, a dvd menu and DVD artwork. If you think you might be interested in helping out, just email me at coleprine@gmail.com

You can see some of my work at Cole Prine Weddings on Vimeo

Thanks!
Old May 17th, 2014, 08:58 AM   #28
Regular Crew

Cemera Rental in Beijing?

Does any one has a recommendation of where to rent camera equipment in Beijing?
Old May 21st, 2014, 08:14 AM   #29
Regular Crew

Re: Cemera Rental in Beijing?

I can make some enquiries for you - what are you looking for and what time scale?

I have my EX3 here in Beijing - at the moment it is in for maintenance.

Sean

Last edited by Sean Walsh; May 21st, 2014 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Updating post
Old May 26th, 2014, 03:23 AM   #30
Regular Crew

Re: Cemera Rental in Beijing?

Thank you Sean. My project however has been completed. I'll keep you in mind for the next time.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands