Corp Event in Camas, WA (Portland, OR market) at

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Old October 22nd, 2015, 11:16 AM   #1
Inner Circle
Corp Event in Camas, WA (Portland, OR market)

On November 17th, my employer needs a shooter/editor to do a one day, quick-turnaround job. I normally do this job, but won't be available. We will pay market rates.

We expect three visits: 1) To discuss the job, see the setup, equipment, etc. 2) To shoot the event, which will be 90 minutes long, and 3) To return any hard drives, cards, etc after the edit and to deliver the edited video, if not already delivered online.

We have the equipment and are open to you bringing your own, familiar gear. The shoot is of a speaker at a lectern, the audience, and PowerPoint slides. We typically use a small-chip camera for a locked down wide shot that also records continuous audio, a 5D2 with 70-200/2.8L IS II lens that is operated live, and the PowerPoint slides. Like The Daily Show, I typically pan the talent to the side when I want to key the PowerPoint slides over the shoulder and pan back when I want to focus on the speaker. I'll also try to get the audience member, if somebody stands to be recognized by the speaker. The 5D2 has a 12 minute limit, so you need to turn off/on the power regularly, during lulls.

We have two ellipsoid lights that we place on the sides to light the talent. Other than that, we use the available light.

The edit needs fast turnaround. Use the wide shot as the master. Add the tight shot, tight shot with PowerPoint over the shoulder, or full-frame PowerPoint, depending on the context of the moment. The good news is that the edit decisions are fairly obvious. The bad news is that it's an intense job to turn around 90 minutes of edited video quickly. One needs to balance speed and perfection. Do a simple mix on the audio to ensure that the dialog levels are consistent, render, and deliver.

We can provide an example video so you can see what's expected. However, note that these are private company meetings, so the information is confidential.

If interested, please contact Scott Ross and me with your contact information and your shooting/editing experience.

Jon Fairhurst - jonf [aat] sharplabs [doot] com
Scott Ross - sross [aat] sharplabs [doot] com
Jon Fairhurst
Jon Fairhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2015, 04:56 PM   #2
Inner Circle
Re: Corp Event in Camas, WA (Portland, OR market)

Update: We've connected with a video professional who will take on the job. Unless we encounter unexpected events, this posting is closed.

Chalk up another win for DV Info!
Jon Fairhurst
Jon Fairhurst is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands