Helping Hands from 2002 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old January 17th, 2002, 08:18 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Helping Hands from 2002

Gearing up for my short "The Good Son" to be shot in Dallas this spring. Currently taking location shots and getting storyboards slotted.

I've got the needed equipment (for the most part) and am looking for a few folks who could assist. Might be holding a boom, monitoring audio, fetching me coffee (just kidding!!) who knows.

No pay, but I'll feed you well and credit anyone who helps. You can post here or send to my mail at waydeg@hotmail.com
Old February 4th, 2002, 09:21 AM   #2
Sammi Funk

Artistic Documentary work in SF area

Looking for camera people who are creative & daring. Not a lockdown situation. Prefer someone with some sort of steadycam, but not required. This is a very artistic project. Goal is to look "film like".

Send info & day rate to amazonart@aol.com

Old March 28th, 2002, 08:04 PM   #3
Matt Carlson

Future filmmaker looking for help

Hi everyone. I am a senior in high school and an aspiring filmmaker. In my free time I usually play around with my video camera and equipment. I'm very excited because next term I have a filmmaking class. It's an independent study I organized with the school. In it I will write, shoot, and edit a short movie. The problem is that my school is unable to provide me with any equipment. So whatever I use has to be purchased by me. Most of my equipment I bought at a local hardware store. I got some color correction filters from a nearby lighting and grip store. But I still need a lot of things, especially a camera. So I wanted to ask if anyone has any old equipment they do not need anymore? Or maybe just some tips? Any help would be appreciated. I could even send you a copy of the finished movie and any other movies I make. I plan on doing a few more this summer. My email is amerigooner01@hotmail.com

Thanks

Matt Carlson

Old March 28th, 2002, 10:41 PM   #4
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Hi Matt,

It's good to hear your enthusiasm!

Robert Rodriguez filmed "El Mariachi" with borrowed equipment. I don't know what you have in your neck of the woods, but look around and talk to people who might have equipment you can use...especially in schools or organizations.

Another idea would be to find a local videographer/filmmaker and to offer your weekends as a volunteer assistant. That way you learn the ropes...and probably would have a chance to get your hands on some equipment from time to time for personal use.

Good luck.
Old March 29th, 2002, 12:28 AM   #5
Matt Carlson

Thanks

Thanks. That's what I'm trying to do now, but I've found that most people are reluctant to lend out their equipment. I'm a member at an access station but you can only check out the cameras for a few days at a time. That's alright but I'll be on a very tight schedule. I've also volunteered to work on some independent films being shot in my area. Mostly just for experience but if I can get some equipment out of it I won't complain. And it will be fun too. Well anyway thanks for the tips.

Old March 29th, 2002, 02:21 AM   #6
Obstreperous Rex

Is there a public access television station anywhere nearby?

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old March 29th, 2002, 04:18 AM   #7
RED Code Chef

I wouldn't be too bothered by the fact that you can only check
out the camera a couple of days. Ofcourse this hinders your
work some, but try to work around that. For my first short little
movie I could only shoot for two days. I shot 90% in those two
days. Another 8% was shot a couple of weeks later (this was
a different location, so there was no continuity problems). The
remaining 2% was never shot at all, I'll have to work around
that in my editing.

You can shoot a lot in a couple of days if you plan it well!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old April 8th, 2002, 10:48 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Will Work for FREE in NYC!

I'm pretty new to DV and am looking to get as much experience as possible. I own a Sony PD-150 and a Century .65X W/A converter w/Full Zoom, as well as a Bogen 3193 Tripod w/a Gitzo 2380 head.
If anyone needs assistance with their productions in NYC please feel free to contact me at eis61374@aol.com or call (212)662-8332 and ask for Erik.
Thanks
Old April 9th, 2002, 01:23 AM   #9
Trustee

Eric, maybe you should hook up with Dylan at Broken Machine Films. He's a member here so drop him a line.
Old April 9th, 2002, 09:44 AM   #10
Major Player

Need help in Boston

I'm looking for some help from our Boston viewers. My son attends The Boston Conservatory of Music (8 The Fenway), and this weekend (Fri/Sat) is performing in the Freshman Review. According to him (Matt), his vocal quartet is supposed to be kick-butt! Some recent commitments are preventing me from attending as I'd planned.

Any chance of someone getting over to the Conservatory and taping this for me? I'm primarily interested in his quartet number. I'd really hate to miss it. I also don't expect you to work for free.

Please let me know if there is any interest.

Thanks, Vic
Old April 9th, 2002, 07:40 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Adrian

Thanks alot for the suggestion. I spoke to Dylan & I'll keep you posted.
Take care,
Erik
Old May 15th, 2002, 07:17 AM   #12
New Boot

San Diego Canon XL1s User -->looking for projects

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum, new to the XL1s but not new to the creative process of video work. I am looking to network with a team of people here in San Diego for a number of reasons...creative outlet and to see if there is any potential projects to take on.

It may take me some time to get comfortable with this camera but I look forward to working with it.

So if you need a second camera on a location or have ideas to kick around...please send me an email.

As I am new to this forum, I hope this is an appropriate message.

Thanks,
Old May 15th, 2002, 09:29 AM   #13
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Welcome, Jay!

Glad to have you aboard. We have several members from S. Cal. so I wouldn't be at all surprised if you hear from them soon.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Old June 2nd, 2002, 12:38 PM   #14
dniezby2

Chicago Crew Needed

We're a new DV production company in the Southern Burbs of Chicago looking for people to assist on our upcoming projects. Our company will be originating on DV for transfer to 35mm for Theatrical Release.

We're looking for people to help us plan this project as well. Here is a list of people that we're looking for:

Production Manager
1st AD
Director of Photography and/or Cinematographer
(We're planning on using the P+S Technik Adapter so obtaining the images will be the same as a 35mm Film Camera)

Editor and/or Post Production Supervisor
Sound Mixer and/or Boom Operator
Stunt Co-ordinator

These are people we need to find to help us plan the project and budget. However, we are looking for anyone that wishes to participate.

If you have equipment that's great but we are going to put new equipment in the budget so we'll have to compare.

The project is going to be Non-Union (can't afford 'em) but we will try to get as close to scale as possible. We're putting a budget together now and these key people will be needed to help us get as close as possible.

If you are interested please feel free to contact me: dniezby@davrinmpc.com or visit http://www.davrinmpc.com

Old June 13th, 2002, 01:47 PM   #15
Regular Crew

Crew Wanted For Dv Short Film (nyc)

I am not sure if this is the right sub-forum to put this message, but I saw other messages here for 'crew wanted' so here it is:

A DV Film producer is looking for film crew for DV short film drama with the work title: “Manhattan Patchwork”.

This is a 25 minutes DV short film about a young woman who escapes to NYC to become an actress but hits rock bottom and has to deal with her demons before she can break through.

The shooting will be 2 to 3 weekends in September and will be shot in Manhattan and Williamsburg, Brooklyn.

The project will be unpaid, but food and a small transportation compensation will be provided.

This is a great opportunity to get full screen credit, gain experience and network with other independent filmmakers. You will of course get a copy of the film (VHS or DVD).

I am looking for dedicated, enthusiastic and committed people who are willing to take on more than one role:
- Director of Photography
- Assistant Director
- Sound Mixer
- Grip
- PAs

Experience is preferred but not necessary.

Please send en e-mail with relevant information, experience and availability to: thomas_y_b@hotmail.com

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands