Helping Hands from 2007 - Page 25 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old June 29th, 2007, 10:51 AM   #361
Major Player

TORONTO/GTA Canon HDV Rental Request: Easy Money

I have a fairly big job coming up, and I will be shooting with my Canon XHA1. Unfortunately, this job requires multiple cameras, and I am having a really hard time finding A1's or G1's (or H1's)for Rent. Vistek is all booked for that weekends (July 6th) so I am offering $250 cash for a one day rental of your XHA1 (or G1) They will be used by professional camera op's who are compelteley familiar with the camera, and your camera will be fully insured against damage incurred while on loan (if not covered by warrenty, eg. dead pixel). This could also lead to future work with our company (www.notomatofilms.com) as we are often looking for talented operators with their own systems.

If you are interested in making some fast, easy money ($250 for no work isn't bad), contact me via PM here, or respond to this thread. We'll exchange numbers and we can meet in person so you can establish I am not a theif who wishes to abscond with your Camera :)

Thanks in advance.

Matthew K. Nayman
Old June 29th, 2007, 11:47 AM   #362
Wrangler

Matthew, cross-posting is strictly forbidden at DVinfo. The correct place for this kind of post is the Helping Hands forum, the Classifieds are for buying and selling. Have moved your thread there and deleted the others.
Old June 29th, 2007, 12:19 PM   #363
Major Player

Sorry Boyd, Missed that :(
Old July 2nd, 2007, 09:45 AM   #364
Regular Crew

searching for contract work DFW area

Hello,

I've been filming billfishing for 2 years in Guatemala, and am putting together a film about it. I'm back up in Ft. Worth now, and am looking for any contract jobs. Are there any bulletin boards or websites that post jobs like this?

thanks!
Old July 3rd, 2007, 02:28 PM   #365
New Boot

Any recommendations for a DVD replicator in DFW?

I have a project going to print and need a replicator to print a run of 200 DVD's, color silkscreen on the DVD's and packaging.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 02:57 PM   #366
Wrangler

Private mail sent.

-gb-
Old July 8th, 2007, 09:40 PM   #367
Major Player

Phoenix videographer/editor looking for extra work

I have six years event & documentary experience, two FX1s, wireless/shotgun mics, stabilizer and use Vegas 7, Photoshop, etc.
I also have an AAS in Graphic Design.

I produce wedding & event videos right now, and am looking for more work with a baby on the way!

See my work: http://legacyhdv.com/demosx.htm

-Dana Salsbury
Old July 10th, 2007, 10:02 AM   #368
Regular Crew

If the Private Email did not work out, I just used Disk Makers and was very pleased with thier work! They were very fast and reasonable! Hope it works out.
Old July 10th, 2007, 12:38 PM   #369
New Boot

hey, I'm in jackson michigan, not sure if i could help on location but...do you need any sort of editing/special effects help?

swimmerman119@yahoo.com
Old July 10th, 2007, 12:40 PM   #370
New Boot

I'm still in need of work if there is anyone out there who needs editing/photoshop/after effects graphics.

if your at all interested, please contact me

swimmerman119@yahoo.com
Old July 12th, 2007, 12:32 AM   #371
New Boot

Crew Needed - Paid - DC Baltimore Areas

Director of Photography Chris Nuzzaco (The Department, Life Sucks) is in search of talented crew. He needs to expand his crew list due to a sudden increase in demand.

The following crew positions are needed:

Gaffer - Must be very good with lighting, especially good with shaping light using flags, scrims, etc. Must be able to use and understand the
zone system, and be proficient at reflective light metering. Experience lighting for lower latitude digital formats is preferable.

Key Grip - Must be very good with SAFE rigging of lighting and grip gear. Experience with booms, wall spreaders (auto pole, matth pole, etc.) and
gids is required.

1st AC - Must be familiar with film style workflow and be able to get around various digital cameras (DVX100, HVX200, Varicam, etc...).

2nd AC - Must be familiar with film style workflow and be able to get around various digital cameras (DVX100, HVX200, Varicam, etc...).

Please send contact information, day rates, resume, etc. to:

filmgigs@chrisnuzzaco.com

Please state your position and location in the subject line of the email.

You can view samples of my latest work from this past spring here:

http://www.chrisnuzzaco.com/special_..._demo_reel.mov

If you would like to meet me in person, I will be attending the Premier of my latest film, "The Department" (19th & Wilson) at Gardel's in Baltimore at the Cinema
Lounge Thursday July 19, 2007. More information can be found here: http://www.myspace.com/cinemalounge

Serious Inquires Only.

Chris Nuzzaco
www.chrisnuzzaco.com
chris@chrisnuzzaco.com
703 431 6660
Old July 13th, 2007, 04:48 AM   #372
Regular Crew

D.O.P needed for feature in Perth, Western Australia

Hi everyone!

I'm planning a feature film to begin shooting sometime at the end of this year, and unfortunately my D.O.P has had to pull out due to travel arrangements.

So I'm putting out a call for D.O.P's in Perth Western Australia!

Unfortunately due to budget constraints (aint it always the way? Most of it's gone on equipment) the job is unpaid, but it's going to be a large, professionally run project that would be great for getting names out there!

Some of the equipment you'll get to play with include a Canon XL2 camera and a Redrock M2 adaptor, as well as some Nikkon SLR len's.

The film itself is a look at both how relationships can be taken for granted and how rifts can occur between generations, set against the backdrop of an alternate current - day, where two political powers are engaged in a kind of 'cold war' (think the Berlin Wall).

I already have the makings of a great crew including two concept/storyboard artists, an acting coach, a music composer and several highly talented oung actors/actresses -all of whom are young names trying to get their work seen.

All I'm missing is a good D.O.P :)

I know it sounds pretty pathetic trying to find someone with these skills with nothing to offer but a credit, but there'll be no better chance for someone in Western Australia to have a crack at a project this size, and what can I say - you gotta start somewhere.

If you're interested or have any questions whatsover, please reply.

Cheers

Jon Palmer
Old July 13th, 2007, 01:06 PM   #373
New Boot

Cast/Crew members needed for Arizona no-budget Fantasy/comedy (Take #2)

Hi!
Well, At the risk of being added to the looong list of cheesy requests for unpaid talent, here is mine, LOL!

Current Status:

On occasional weekends and possibly some weekdays during the fall/winter of 2007/08 I am going to shoot a feature length mini-DV format movie with XL1 cameras. I already have 1 camera as well as minimal audio equipment. I have three musical groups lined up for the soundtrack: Freezepop, Leslie Fish and (probably) Yachay. We have been trying to contact Rasputina and The Arrogant Worms for additional tracks but have gotten no reply yet. I will be directing, producing, building props, running one of the cameras Etc, Etc.

What We Need:

A good DP with his own XL-1 and/or just a second cameraman with an xl-1

A good sound person who has a decent portable recorder.

A secondary hair/Makeup person.

A lighting person. We also need lighting equipment.

We could use prop builders, a boom operator, prop handlers, and all the other folks that make a production run smoothly.

We have most crew positions still open and everyone involved will probably be wearing multiple hats.
We need lots of props and costumes, but may be able to borrow some of those from the local SCA group which may also provide some of the extras.
We are short several key actors and many smaller parts.

Missing Key Roles:

-Male Nerd/Gamer character: Strong acting and comedic skills required. Age range: should look like Teens to Twenties, skinny to average build. This is a major role and Dependability and ongoing availability are a must!

Objective

To produce a niche film appealing to nerds, fans of swords and sorcery films and people fed up with daily life, specifically "office-space" type working conditions.
If we succeed in creating a good finished product, we will pursue multiple avenues to turn that into cash, such as pitching it as a TV pilot, going direct to video, selling copies at Science-Fiction conventions, or whatever we can think of

What We Are Offering:

Screen credit.
1 meal or snack per shooting session. (Usually)
2 (DVD+R) copies of the film. And an additional 2 (Regular DVD) copies if it is released commercially.
Main actors and Key crew will receive from 1/2% to 1% of revenue from the film itself.
Minor actors and non-vital crew will not receive financial compensation unless the film earns us over 50,000 US dollars, in which case they will each receive a 100$ payment.
Any crew members not already appearing on screen will be given small walk-through parts if they wish to appear on screen. (Peasant#6, Guard#12, etc.) It is nice to be able to point to yourself on screen and say "there I am!"

Please note, this is essentially an unpaid amateur production and you will be working with a first time director. There will probably be some false starts and duplication of efforts. Patience with the process and with your fellow actors will be essential!

My Email: vikingwizard (AT) gmail (DOT) com

Project Website: WWW.OFFICEQUESTMOVIE.COM

Thanks for considering supporting our project!

~David Perrine~
Old July 13th, 2007, 01:58 PM   #374
Regular Crew

Hi Jon,

My name is Matt, and I've been filming with the XL2 for 2 years, and have been shooting mostly outdoors (billfishing; action sports). I'm interested in more details, dates, travel etc. I'm based in Texas right now... not sure if a visa will be a problem or not. If you're interested in talking with me further please email me at:

mpj@bearcatproductions.com
Old July 13th, 2007, 04:20 PM   #375
DVi Contributor

whe did you say the project dates were?
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands