Helping Hands from 2007 - Page 27 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old July 25th, 2007, 12:01 PM   #391
Regular Crew

Maryland Zombie Horror Film Needs Crew

Technical crew consisting of PA's, Grips, Make-Up FX artists and DP is needed for an upcoming short horror film shoot. The film has been written and will be directed by Deadlands: The Rising director Gary Ugarek (imdb for Deadlands: http://imdb.com/title/tt0861701/)

The film is about 6 people trapped inside a movie theater trying to escape during a zombie outbreak. The film will shoot over the course of 2-3 weekends back to back in the fall of 2007. The location is a cineplex in Hagerstown, MD USA. The film will be a part of a short compilation, but might also be expanded into a full blown feature. The goal is to shoot the short version.

Looking for a Director of Photography and Crew to assist DP

Production assistants to assist producers and key crew personnel.

Make-Up FX artists - The film calls for 200+ zombies. Will need a make-up crew of at least 10-15 to accomdate everyone who needs to be made into one of the walking dead.

Grips and Sound Tech - The films is looking for experienced grip crew as well as a on set sound technician.

The shooting times will be late at night Friday Night til Monday morning. Will we shoot from approximately 8pm-6am each night 2-3 weekends in a row. Pay rate, if any, will be extremely minimal, but Film Production does guarantee Screen Credit, Screener Copy and Full Meal on Set each night. Set meals are 3 course dinners including unlimited amount of beverages.

The films director Gary Ugarek is fun to work with. He keeps the set very light hearted. His Previous film Deadlands: The Rising has won 5 awards including, Best Zombie Movie, Best Film, Best Director, Audience Choice, and Excellence Award (1st place) from the film festival circuit. Deadlands: The Rising had a theatrical run in the spring of 2007, and is currently being distributed on DVD through Best Buy, Amazon, and other great retailers from TEMPE ENTERTAINMENT. His last film, Deadlands, was made on a total budget of less than $11,000 USD, and has received a good amount of critical praise from many noted horror entities, including Fangoria.

For more information contact us, and please submit your resume or letter of experience. If you have a reel or website please forward the Address. Reels needed for DP slot and must have excellent knowledge of Panasonic Mini DV camera systems.

Send Headshots and resumes to theescapemovie@yahoo.com
Old July 26th, 2007, 03:30 PM   #392
Major Player

Writer/Producer looking to network with actors in VA/DC area

As the subject suggests, I am a writer/producer with an HD workflow interested in networking with actors (or other writers) in the DC Metro area, specifically the VA side of it. I have several scripts in progress and am looking to write specific actors into the roles. If we flip the shorts quickly, we can prepare to market for the upcoming festival circuit.

These are not paid gigs; they are more for experimenting with new techniques, building portfolios, networking, and having fun. I understand that I am asking for free labor, but I would prefer to work on the same level as the talent and cater to their strengths, creating a mutually beneficial situation. My small group of motivated individuals is ready to take our first steps, so let me know if you're interested in walking along.
Old July 27th, 2007, 08:06 AM   #393
New Boot

Hey Gary. When is this taking place? I'm assuming this is going to be at the Hagerstown cinema. Is Thomas not making it out for this one?
Old July 27th, 2007, 08:50 AM   #394
DV Rig Pro

Free DVTEC rig for help at WEVA

Looking for WEVA visitors w/ DV or HDV Cameras and or cameras w/ 35mm adapters to work with us at the trade show demonstrating MultiRigs and DvRigPro / HD models.

Tuesday, August 14th
12:00pm - 7:00pm

Wednesday, August 15th
12:00pm - 6:30pm

For your work you get a free rig of your choice.

Contact : natovich@inter.net.il with personal info. and updated full body photo.
Old July 28th, 2007, 11:35 PM   #395
Regular Crew

Need wedding videographer Cincinnati Ohio 15MAR08.

If feels like months since I've last been here keeping up on the latest and greatest improvements. Now here I am needing assistance from the pros.

I'm getting married 15 March 2008 and need to find a videographer in the Cincinnati area. Location is actually Fairfield, between Cincy and Hamilton.

We're interested in a 2 camera shoot of the wedding and possibly only a 1 camera at the reception but 2 is also possible.

One thing I think we have going is that I've shot a few weddings and I feel the pain of what we go through so I'll be doing all that I can to make the videographer's job as pain free as possible.

Please send me an email with anything you may need from me as far as additional info, and a link to your site if you have one, as well as a package outline/pricing.

I appreciate everyone's help and look forward to working with and meeting a fellow DVIer.

ehrichsj@ehrichs.net

Jacob E.
Old July 30th, 2007, 09:38 AM   #396
Regular Crew

Hey Gary

I'm a local Marylander myself. I live in PG county.

Question: How experienced of a DP are you looking for?

I graduated from film school in November of 2004 and have had quite a bit of on-set experience since then. I just got my *NEWEST* camera less than a month ago. My reel is yet to be completed, however you can see a taste of my work at www.loftonfilms.com (click the arrow in the bottom right-hand corner)

Here is my gear list:

Canon XH A1 HDV 3CCD Digital Camcorder

Sony Professional HDV tapes

Heavy Duty Bogen Tripod with 501 Fluid Head
+ Joystick Head

10' x 24' Chroma Key Green Screen with custom, sizable stand.

2 SmithVictor photography lights (don't know exact wattage off-hand)

1 Three-In-One Litedisc Reflection / Diffusion.

(ALSO I HAVE ACCESS TO AN ADDITIONAL 3 PIECE S&V LIGHT-KIT)

Please send me a PM if you're interested, and perhaps a more in-depth synopsis of the film with character bios.

Sincerely,

John Lofton IV
Old July 30th, 2007, 10:10 AM   #397
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Franks View Post
The films director Gary Ugarek is fun to work with. He keeps the set very light hearted. His Previous film Deadlands: The Rising has won 5 awards including, Best Zombie Movie, Best Film, Best Director, Audience Choice, and Excellence Award (1st place) from the film festival circuit. Deadlands: The Rising had a theatrical run in the spring of 2007, and is currently being theescapemovie@yahoo.com
Which film festival has a category for Best Zombie Movie?
Seriously, I gotta know... :)

BTW, as a long time fan of zombie cinema, I have to point out that a similar film was already made in the 80's under the title "Demons". A group of young adults is trapped in a movie theater by zombie type demons. It's awesome. Samurai swords and dirtbikes... Bliss.... It was French or German, can't remember which.

EDIT: Here ya go! The daddy of "I'm trapped in a movie theater by living dead!" (not to be confused with Night Of The Comet where a comet turns the world into mutants while only the people hidden in a movie theater survive)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089013/plotsummary

I love IMDB
Old August 1st, 2007, 02:47 PM   #398
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Rock View Post
Hey Gary. When is this taking place? I'm assuming this is going to be at the Hagerstown cinema. Is Thomas not making it out for this one?
Hey Rick,

yeah this will be at the cinema in H-town. Nope, Thomas will not be pulling cinematographer duties. I asked I haven't heard back from him... so i moved on and found another DP for the project.
Old August 1st, 2007, 02:49 PM   #399
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Couper View Post
Which film festival has a category for Best Zombie Movie?
Seriously, I gotta know... :)

BTW, as a long time fan of zombie cinema, I have to point out that a similar film was already made in the 80's under the title "Demons". A group of young adults is trapped in a movie theater by zombie type demons. It's awesome. Samurai swords and dirtbikes... Bliss.... It was French or German, can't remember which.

EDIT: Here ya go! The daddy of "I'm trapped in a movie theater by living dead!" (not to be confused with Night Of The Comet where a comet turns the world into mutants while only the people hidden in a movie theater survive)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089013/plotsummary

I love IMDB
Fright Night Film Fest Louisville, Ky.

as far as Demons vs. Night of the Comet. Demons monsters were more possessed by evil spirits, and Night of the Comet, well that only started off in a movie theater for 15 minutes the rest of the film was in the greater Los Angeles area. Also Demons was started from someone putting on a mask... neither plot device will be used for this film other than the movie theater setting, but each film was a single screen theater, I am using a multiplex.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 03:34 PM   #400
Regular Crew

Need camera ops in Montreal and St. John's NFL

Need camera operators for second HVX200 for multi-camera shoots during the week of Aug 26 in Montreal and Sept. 10 in St. John's Newfoundland. Six to nine locations in each city, about a half hour shoot at each location. Shooting with HVX200s and separate sound cart.

Please reply to Bill@Southworth.TV
Old August 4th, 2007, 10:22 PM   #401
Regular Crew

Looking for Producer

I'm looking for a creative talented producer to help bring our third spec commercial together.

So far we have few talented crew members volunteer their time.

If you live in Los Angeles or Studio City and interested, drop me a line at tangfilms@yahoo.com

So far, this a low budget project. All funding is going toward equipment, gas, and food.

Thanks for your time
Old August 5th, 2007, 09:45 PM   #402
Regular Crew

I'll help you guys out but I can't really stay that long as I have an infant at home. Let me know when and where i'll come out.
Old August 6th, 2007, 08:07 AM   #403
Regular Crew

Oh BTW I have a whole bunch of equipment, I have a jib crane, dolly, an XH-A1 and an HV20 as well as some lights and reflectors. Also have a greenscreen. I am studying special effects at the Art Institute, so I also know compositing within After Effects and some 3D with Max (Particles and modelling and animation) if you have sometime we can meet up and I can show off some of my work. I'm a huge fan of 28 days later would love to do something in the spirit.
Old August 8th, 2007, 10:59 AM   #404
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Franks View Post
neither plot device will be used for this film other than the movie theater setting, but each film was a single screen theater, I am using a multiplex.
Look, as long as you put a dirtbike or samurai sword in it, I'll love it....
(just kidding, don't do either of those!)

I'd love to stay up to date on the production of this and check it out when it comes out. Could you email me your website/production blog, etc...? I have a few places I could post it to help promote you.
Old August 9th, 2007, 01:52 AM   #405
New Boot

Okay, we are still looking FYI
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands