Helping Hands from 2007 - Page 29 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old August 27th, 2007, 04:40 PM   #421
Regular Crew

Try this place also: http://revostock.com/
Old August 28th, 2007, 12:44 PM   #422
Major Player

Online editor wanted, Los Angeles (Encino) area

Hello there
Posting for a friend of mine who is Sen VP Post of a large reality TV style house in Encino CA, looking for an online editor on Symphony Nitris in SD and HD for four weeks starting 9/10.
Please drop me an EM and I'll forward your info to him.
Thanks!
Cheers
Chris
Old August 28th, 2007, 02:37 PM   #423
Trustee

heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Cossel View Post
www.keepidahogreen.org

I built their website a few years back. It's an organization in Idaho comprised of a number of government agencies related to the environment and firefighting. I know they have a lot of footage, but I don't know if they would sell it or not. Might be a good place to start, though.
I was about to say "just come out to idaho and go up to Ketchum.... that entire area is on fire. ou can get almost any footage you need."
Old August 28th, 2007, 03:34 PM   #424
Major Player

VP of Sales and Marketing

We need a sales and marketing pro who can create the relationships necessary to secure corporate and foundation underwriting for our 15 hours of contracted PBS primetime, must-carry programming.

10 of these hours are follow-ons to our highly-successful 3-hour mini-series "Walking the Bible" of last year which the Wall Street Journal described as "three splendid hours."

Other opportunities within this position include creating new sales channels for the DVD and other products related to "Walking the Bible."

This position offers a salary plus commission and should yield the successful applicant total compensation well into the six-figure range.

Please fax cover letters and resumes to (310) 806-4401 or send as e-mail attachments (MS Word only) to tmcpartland@tmcent.tv
Old August 28th, 2007, 05:00 PM   #425
Regular Crew

Trade my work for your experience?

Hey all. I would like to get better at shooting live events (weddings, recitals, etc) and in reading the wedding videography section of dvinfo came across the idea of volunteering with an experienced person for a while. I live in the Portland, OR area and have a XH A1 I can use. Anyone out there willing to take a beginner along to do some learning? Or any tips on other ways to get experience. I am very professional in demeanor and dress and can provide references if you would like. I have done some shooting of weddings and a short documentary for a non-profit...I am decent but would like to take my abilities up a notch or two. Thanks for any tips you can send my way. All the best-
Andrew
Old August 28th, 2007, 05:10 PM   #426
Inner Circle

I wouldn't start off just with tips, try to assist a professional a few times, that's what I did when I started and found it to be my best invested time ever. If you ever would come to Belgium on a holiday I would glady take you along. :) Anyway, wish you luck in finding a "mentor"
Old August 28th, 2007, 08:57 PM   #427
Major Player

Lighting Person fNeeded w/Gear for Daytona Beach Project

I'm looking for a person with experience in the basic 3-point lighting with gear. We have a client that is needing video for their website. It will be paid but at this point I can't yet say how much it will pay until final negotiations are made with the client. The first video will run anywhere from 2 - 4 minutes and will be shot in an office setting.

Shooting with JVC GY-HD100U. If you have experience with lighting and are nearby, please send me a note so we can be in contact. I will soon have to provide a quote to the client and interested in locating a person first to determine fees.

Thank you,
Lisa
Old August 29th, 2007, 06:32 AM   #428
Major Player

Lisa I'm sending you an email.
Old August 29th, 2007, 08:37 AM   #429
Major Player

ISO freelance producer/shooter in Vancouver BC

I need a short talking head/interview style shoot of a deaf author reading an excerpt from her book. She's in Vancouver and sadly they won't send me to take care of it myself. So I need someone who can find and light a location, provide sound for her and/or her interpreter (sometimes she speaks, sometimes she only signs, we're leaving it completely up to her which she prefers to do for this reading), and then send me the tape. DV preferred as I don't have decks for HDV or beta in-house. It's a short excerpt, plus a couple of questions about being a deaf actress and writer, so the whole thing should be a half day of work.

The dates are still unconfirmed, we're waiting on her, but will be sometime around September 10-15. If you're interested please send me your rates and a link to some samples.

Smile,
Kris

Instructional Media Developer
ARTSEDGE
202-416-8898
kris@artsedge.kennedy-center.org
www.artsedge.kennedy-center.org
Old August 29th, 2007, 09:06 AM   #430
Wrangler

Hey Kris
If you don't get anyone, post this on Vancouver Craigslist. You'll get LOTS of people replying, guaranteed. I'd offer to do it, but you'll probably be able to find someone to do it on CL for half my rate. :)
Old August 29th, 2007, 09:45 AM   #431
Regular Crew

Belguim? Sounds great!!! What kind of work do you do? I think you are very right that spending time with an expert is the very best way for me to learn...I just need to convince someone here local that they really need to have a new guy around :) Thanks for the encouragement...and if I make it to Belguim I'd love to follow you around for a bit!! Thanks.
Andy
Old August 29th, 2007, 10:52 AM   #432
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Dryden View Post
and if I make it to Belguim I'd love to follow you around for a bit!! Thanks.
Andy
If you manage to find it though, Belgium is so small if the plane stops too late you end up in germany. :D
I do mainly weddings solo and been at it for 3 years now, the "pro" I follow around was actually my father :) who has been filming for over 20 years. He"s allmost 65 and just does a few weddings per year now.
What you also could do is just send an email to all the videographers in your neigbourhood with the same text as in this topic, there must be one who could use an extra cameraman. I would do a few of these gigs for free however, I can't imangine a videographer turning an offer down like that, especially if they work alone. With the material you get from your own camera you can make your first demo as well so you have something to show to potential customers and before you know it you"ll be taking someone with you to show them the ropes :)
Old August 29th, 2007, 01:46 PM   #433
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Dryden View Post
Hey all. I would like to get better at shooting live events (weddings, recitals, etc) and in reading the wedding videography section of dvinfo came across the idea of volunteering with an experienced person for a while. I live in the Portland, OR area and have a XH A1 I can use. Anyone out there willing to take a beginner along to do some learning?
Hello, neighbor. I'm on 192nd Ave. and 34th st. I, too, shoot an XH A1. I've only been doing this part-time for one year, but I might have something to teach you. (My next gig is this Saturday in Washougal.) I also know some local professionals (also with XH A1 cameras, coincidentally) that aren't on dvinfo; I'd be happy to put you in touch with them. PM me for more info.
Old August 29th, 2007, 06:19 PM   #434
Regular Crew

Noa-
Wow...cool way to learn...following your Dad. Yes...my plan is definetly to do this for free for a long while. I've thought about posting on craigslist to do a wedding or two for free or very minimal cost, but the need of a second camera has scared me off. I really enjoy shooting, but the cost of a second camera (even an HV20 to match the XH A1) and the need for a beefier desktop (right now I run Powerbook G4) is making me want to get a lot more experience before I shell out the dough and jump into this with both feet.

Daniel-
I sent you an email...let me know if you don't get it. Thanks,
Andrew
Old August 29th, 2007, 11:53 PM   #435
Tourist

Expert Video Editor Needed in Riverside, California - 1 month project $5-6,000

Looking for High-End, EXPERT LEVEL Video Editor for 1 month project in our Temecula, California Office

Must be EXPERT LEVEL in Final Cut Pro and After Effects.

We are a video production company, powerTV, currently looking for a video editor who is local to the Temecula/Murrieta area. We are looking for someone who will work in-house for us for 1 full month and can work under deadline.

You will be working on a 1 month project and the compensation is D.O.E., but will range from $5000 to $6000 for the 1 month project. You will be expected to work in our Temecula office every day. You must bring your own computer for editing work.

Projects include several trade show videos and a series of web episodes.

Please send us your resume AND links to online video editing portfolio. We will not consider you if you have no current portfolio of work.

If you do not have 5-8 years of expert level Video Production editing, if you aren't a very skilled expert (read: high level) editor in FCP and After Effects, please don't apply! We don't have time to train! Project starts in early September and will run through early October.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands