Helping Hands from 2007 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old January 12th, 2007, 03:52 PM   #31
New Boot

Looking For Cinematographer For Nh Shoot

Hi -

Director looking for a cinematographer for a single night shoot. Short film consists of six shots (finished film should be no longer than 45 seconds). All shots are indoors inside darkened house, looking to create spooky atmosphere (the lights are out for most of it).

This is a low-budget endeavor, but I'm willing to pay someone with experience to make sure we get the lighting right. Currently, we're planning on shooting with a GL2 and a basic DV lighting kit, but we can change this if you own your own camera and/or lighting package.

Please email resume, links to examples of your work, and price. I'm most interested in seeing examples of dark interiors shot on DV. If you don't have the reel to show off but think you can do it, drop me an email.

Wolfeboro, NH is location, about an hour and change from Boston.

nickcarr@gmail.com

Thanks!
Nick
Old January 16th, 2007, 03:25 PM   #32

Looking for audio guy

I have a shoot in Cameron, AZ on the week of Jan 22nd. Outdoor shoot, cold as hell, and probably the most exciting event you'll do in your life. :-)
We provide all gear.
PM me for details, but we'll need you for a week in the fun and sun of the Grand Canyon where it's currently 18 degrees on the rim.
http://www.vasst.com
Old January 16th, 2007, 04:18 PM   #33
Regular Crew

wow, my dream, to be part of a shoot...
in this part of the world there are not that many schools, courses asf. as in the US, so being part of a shoot would be the best learning experience
but I guess I'd never qualify for what you call an 'audio guy'...
Old January 17th, 2007, 11:57 AM   #34
New Boot

Canon A1 Operator for Hire - Colorado

Looking for an HD camera operator for your next project?

SDI Entertainment’s Sean Doherty has what you need to get the best High-Def shots for your indie film or television production!

Production Package includes:

Camera Operator – Sean Doherty
With over 14 years experience in the film/television industry, Sean Doherty is skilled at shooting a wide variety of program styles, including: documentaries, sports, network news, and feature length film productions. Sean’s client list includes some of the best in the industry. Visit www.sdientertainment.com to view some of Sean’s camera work and to get a feel for his style of framing and shooting.

Camera equipment

Canon XH-A1
Building on the image quality of the award winning XL H1 model, the Canon XH A1 camcorder offers a Genuine Canon 20x HD zoom lens, Super Range Optical Image Stabilization, 60i, 24F, 30F frame rates and total image control. Whether on set, in the field, or shooting a feature film, the Canon XH A1 offers selectable frame rates and delivers stunning 1080i HD video.

Libec Professional Tripod

Azden SGM-1X Shotgun Microphone

Azden Wireless Lavalier Microphone

Rates
$20 per hour or $150 for a 10 hour day

Contact
Sean Doherty, SDI Entertainment
info@sdientertainment.com
Old January 18th, 2007, 04:37 AM   #35
New Boot

Need help in Sydney

Hello, I'm doing a very small doco with the A1 and I need somebody to film me at work as I can't operate the machineray and camera at the same time. A Friday or Saturday night would be best. I don't want to sound cheap, (but I am) can't afford to pay at this stage. It might be good expeience for you. My camera would be used. I desperatly need some footage of me at work to round this thing out and give it some balance.
Thankyou
Please PM me
Old January 18th, 2007, 05:22 AM   #36
Inner Circle

No PM available, sent you an email via the site.
Old January 18th, 2007, 09:15 AM   #37
Obstreperous Rex

Moved from Canon XH to Helping Hands.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old January 18th, 2007, 12:08 PM   #38
Tourist

Cinematographer needed - DALLAS

Director looking for a cinematographer for a full two day shoot (tentatively set for Feb. 3-4). It is a narrative spec music video that will be shot entirely in a spacious loft in downtown Dallas. I’m looking for someone to do some creative yet subtle lighting to compliment the story and be camera operator.

This is a low budget project but I am willing to pay someone with some experience to achieve good results. I’m currently planning on using the HVX200 but that could change depending on your input.

Please email me your resume, rates, and links to an online reel. If you have a demo reel email me and I’ll tell you where to send it. If you yourself aren’t interested but know someone who might be, please forward info to them.

Thanks

Matthew
mvandolen@gmail.com
Old January 18th, 2007, 11:35 PM   #39
Regular Crew

FX1 Rentals in San Francisco Bay Area

Anyone know a great place to rent Sony HDR-FX1 camcorders in the Bay Area?

I googled "Camcorder Rentals Bay Area" and came up with these.

www.avistarentals.com
www.studiobfilms.com
www.vmivideo.com
www.filmarts.org

Any experience with any of these companies?
Old January 19th, 2007, 06:26 AM   #40
Inner Circle

drop me a note if u still need help Kev, im down south west sydney
Old January 19th, 2007, 01:26 PM   #41
Regular Crew

Help. Please Rent me your HD10.

Is there anyone in Denver that owns a Jvc JYHD10u or HD1 that want to rent it out for a day or two?
My HD10's fire wire out took a crap. It still records but I can't get my footage to the Computer. I'm going to have a shoot this and next weekend so I have to use my cam as is, but I will then need to import it. An hd100 or the jvc deck would work also.
If anyone has any suggestions or help Please let me know.
Thanks
Erik Rangel
Old January 19th, 2007, 02:00 PM   #42
Major Player

Bar-Mitzvah shooter in Nyack, NY (Jan 27)

My shooter backed out on me at the last(almost) minute. I'm looking for a shooter for a Bar Mitzvah in Nyack (30mins north of NYC). Ceremony @ 9am, Reception @ 12:30 on Jan 27th.

Must be reliable, have examples of work, have transportation, your own gear (3ccd/mini-DV or DVCam).

WILL lead to other work (including NON-wedding / Bar-Mitzvah shoots)...can pay CASH. Please email me your info and rate. THANKS!

absolutemotionvideo@yahoo.com
Old January 19th, 2007, 06:20 PM   #43
Major Player

I'm in Columbus, but I never mind to travel for a shoot (inside Ohio is what I consider my area). I'd like to talk to you about what you need and what I could offer. First things first, I shoot with a Canon XL2, have a decent tripod with a 501 head, wireless lav, shotgun mic, boom pole, decent on-camera light, and some other miscellaneous gear. I don't know if that would be what you need for equipment for your B guy. If you would like to talk please goto my site, my phone number is there and give me a call. Of course you could e-mail me as well.

I usually do fundraising and documentary style work, but would be interested in branching out.

Thanks,
Kevin
Old January 20th, 2007, 07:19 PM   #44
Regular Crew

Salt Lake City, Utah : HELP NEEDED!!

tinycomet, LLC (http://tinycomet.com) is looking for a reliable videographer with wedding experience in the Salt Lake City area. We have a client who needs both photography and videography done for their wedding. I'll be handling the photography but we need someone to handle the videography. This is not yet a done deal.

Please contact us at memories@tinycomet.com and include a link to your reel.

Thanks

Raji Barbir
Old January 20th, 2007, 10:05 PM   #45
Major Player

Raji,

I send you an e-mail.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands