Helping Hands from 2007 - Page 40 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old December 10th, 2007, 10:23 PM   #586
New Boot

Orlando Shooter

I'm working on a doc on spec (no funding except my pocket) following a group of CDN salsa dancers going to Orlando, Florida Dec. 13-15 for the World Salsa Championships semi-finals.

I've already shot some footage in HDV using a (borrowed) Sony Z1 and I'm taking my Sony A1, so I'm looking for someone with a Sony HDV camera (Z1, V1 or FX1) in the Orlando area for additional coverage & help.

The event will be broadcast by ESPN and I'm not permitted to shoot the performance on stage, just the back stage, warmup and practice rooms and interviews.

If you have any time on any of these dates and are interested send me an email - I can offer some $$.

Thanks - apologies for the late notice - a few other options I was working on just didn't materialize.
Old December 11th, 2007, 12:10 AM   #587
Major Player

I shoot with a Z1, I'm up near Jacksonville.

If you're interested, shoot me an email through this system, be happy to chat with you!

Carl
Old December 11th, 2007, 03:25 PM   #588
Regular Crew

Z1U Loan or resonable rental in Frisco

Anyone have a Z1U they would be willing to let my church borrow this coming weekend. We are having our childrens Christmas program and would love another camera (already have 1) for other angles/viewpoints. We would be willing to give something for a deposit if you have one to loan.
http://watersedgefrisco.com
http://vystrcil.com
Old December 11th, 2007, 07:34 PM   #589
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Willsher View Post
Music can make or break a film, why leave it until now?
Because this is a student film, (with a very limited time frame) it's more important that I have an end product whether ugly or not or I won't get a grade. But I do agree that music is very important to a production, I found a great composer to work with named Jonathan Brodmann.

I would purchase SonicFire if: I had the money and the time.
Old December 11th, 2007, 10:59 PM   #590
Tourist

Lighting consultant needed in NYC

Hi there. I'd like to shoot some green screen footage in my apartment in Manhattan (Upper West Side) for a web project. I have the screen (eefx), the camera (HV20), and some lighting on hand, and would like to find a professional who can come by and talk me through what else I would need and how to make this work (if it can work). My guess is this would be ten to twenty minutes of your time, maybe an hour with fidgeting and helping make sure I buy and set up the right stuff. If you're available for an hour of freelancing, post a response and a way to contact you for more information. Thanks!
Old December 13th, 2007, 10:33 AM   #591
Regular Crew

Anyone?????
http://watersedgefrisco.com
http://vystrcil.com
Old December 14th, 2007, 03:25 PM   #592
DV Rig Pro

Free rig for help at the 4ever show

We need few shooters with cameras to help
demonstrate DVTEC rigs in Orlando January.21-22.08

mail me direct for details.
natovich@inter.net.il
Old December 15th, 2007, 11:11 PM   #593
Regular Crew

Hey Andrew, I know someone. Send me an email and I'll give you his number. I just sent him a text about this.

Last edited by Anna Harmon; December 16th, 2007 at 12:11 AM.
Old December 15th, 2007, 11:14 PM   #594
Regular Crew

Is this 16mm? Ha ha, I remember film school. I just put a tape recorder on to accompany my film. Of course, it was in a 101 course but still pretty damn funny.

It's fine dude. Just pick something.
Old December 17th, 2007, 03:54 PM   #595
New Boot

Shooter needed in NYC on 1/6/08

For a children's birthday party at a restaurant hall.

Nothing fancy or glamorous, just need someone to shoot some video to document the event for personal reasons.

Canon XH-A1, tapes, tripod supplied.

If interested, please respond and/or PM rates. Expected to be about 2-3 hours long in the early afternoon. Not looking to spend a lot, but you will get a free lunch.

Thanks.
Old December 18th, 2007, 01:04 PM   #596
Regular Crew

Looking for a writing partner.

Interested in collaborating on a script? I would really like to work on short films for now and eventually do a feature. I am interested in writing for crime drama, action, horror, and/or comedy. I have a very vivid imagination but I've never been able to just write just off the top of my head. However with a partner, tossing around ideas and creating something is much more my style. I am online very often and can mostly be reached through MSN or AIM. Celtx is what I'd prefer to use to store our work of course. If you're interested, just send me an email or reply and let's get going!!!
Old December 18th, 2007, 05:16 PM   #597
New Boot

Blu-Ray Authoring - Central Texas Only

My company is looking for someone capable of authoring a Blu-Ray disc. Because of the turnaround time of this project, we're asking for people within easy driving distance of Austin, TX.

The total running time would be under ten minutes.

contact chris at syntheticpictures.com
Old December 22nd, 2007, 11:47 AM   #598
Regular Crew

Hey man I'm intrested hit me up sometimes and we can talk. i write a lot of scripts

Derrick Jones..........
Old December 24th, 2007, 10:03 AM   #599
Regular Crew

Email sent!
Old December 25th, 2007, 08:01 AM   #600
New Boot

Little late here...but I'd like to add to the discussion. I can't even find a place to get a camera repaired here in Tampa. I looked and looked. Two of the places in the yellow pages were closed down. And one place answered the phone and said to stop by and they'd take a look. I drove over there twice during business hours (as posted on their door) and they were closed both times. I finally gave up on getting it fixed locally.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands