Helping Hands from 2007 - Page 41 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old December 25th, 2007, 04:22 PM   #601
Tourist

Composition Work for Music Video trades :)

Hi guys,

I just introduced myself in the neighborhood section. I'll be real quick - please contact me if you're interested in helping me make a music video. But first -

My credentials:
- 10 years classically trained pianist
- 8 years (and counting) electronic music producer
- Signed to two reputable labels (with tbd forthcoming releases): BijouBeats (bijoubreaks.com / bijoubeats.com) well known in the breakbeat music genre), and FiberLine Audio (http://fiberlineaudio.com - also generally reputable)
- Music has been featured on BBC Radio 1, SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Proton Radio, Dance Radio Greece, Play.fm, to name a few
- I've done composition work for student films and one video game that never made it off the ground.

So that said, getting funding to do stuff is tough as an EDM producer - as the largest market for music is DJs (not your general music listener), so most labels (unless your really famous) - use a simple deal where they just give you a high royalty percentage and no up-front payment. Currently almost all of my payout is going to people who do mastering work on the tracks.

Anyways, so that's what I have to deal with. I'd really like to get some music videos done for my upcoming releases. As I'm an amateur (ish), I thought it might be worthwhile to contact some avid/hardcore dv hobbyists who might be interested in helping out. The best I can offer is to do score-work in return. The music video itself will also provide good promotion for the videographer - the label should help push it / distribute it on youtube-ish sites, and credit would definitely be given (watermarking is probably ok too - the kind you usually see at the beginning of music vids).

If you're interested, feel free to contact me via email (I believe my profile allows for this), and I will provide example tracks - no pressure if you're not feeling the music. Also, I should note, that I'm open to all types of film-styles (people who concentrate on Nature, CG, scripted-stuff, etc.)

Just throwing out the opportunity! Thanks peoples! :)

Best,
Scott
Old December 28th, 2007, 12:48 PM   #602
Tourist

I'd be intrested....Never really wrote anything but I'm very creative...LOL...I love Mafia movies, I'd love to do a documentory, and I would love to put together a western...Got characters already in mind for that...

my email is vsetickets@verizon.net

Thanks
Scott
Old December 29th, 2007, 11:29 AM   #603

Feel free to give me a buzz too. I'm just down in SC and always working on something.

Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands