DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2007 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/72774-helping-hands-2007-a.html)

Ben Morris February 21st, 2007 03:53 AM

Need a Composer?

Hi,

I hope nobody minds me posting here. I am a composer keen to meet and colloborate with film makers.

Here are a few examples of my work:

Battle Sequence - Powerful Percussion and Orchestral sounds featuring some sound design elements & Heavy Guitar sounds towards the end (1.06)
Baiji - Music written to a short film shot in China. Features ethnic sounds with atmospheric strings and percussion. (1.23)
Phoenix Haunting Orchestral music originally written to a short sci-fi film. (1.40)

I hope you will visit my website at http://www.benmorrismusic.com/. You will find more music, Video Samples I have scored as well as further info about myself.

Thanks for looking

Ben

Martin Pauly February 21st, 2007 02:34 PM

I like your music a lot, especially the piece named "Phoenix". Nice work!

- Martin

Greg Boston February 21st, 2007 02:48 PM

Hello Ben, welcome to DVINFO. I have moved your posting to our relevant forum called 'Helping Hands'.

regards,

-gb-

Chris Barcellos February 21st, 2007 05:28 PM

Nice job... put you in my resources lsit for future use. You never know....

Tim Snyder February 22nd, 2007 07:15 PM

Dance Competition in Virginia Beach

I have been contacted by a lady who runs a belly dancing competition in Virginia Beach on May 19-20. She is needing someone to video tape. I have 4 other shows booked that weekend and can't do this one. If you are interested, please email Taaj at taajfiqalbi@yahoo.com

Thanks

William W. Holcomb February 23rd, 2007 12:12 AM

Looking for Indie Work in NE Ohio (No Pay Necessary)

Looking for some side-line indie shooting work in the NE Ohio area. I am usually free from Fri-Sun and other evenings after 3:00pm. I would like to work on 2-3 short films for students or other indie directors - just something so I can keep my skill sharp.

I have my own equipment and can travel a bit. Not looking for pay - just an interesting project to let my creative juices flow. Also have fairly extensive editing and compositing skills.

Email if interested! Thanks in advance...

Heath Vinyard February 23rd, 2007 10:19 AM

Try www.nowcasting.com. I've had a lot of success with that site.

Heath Vinyard February 23rd, 2007 10:30 AM

Composer needed for 14 min short

Unfortunately there's little, if any, money, but I would love to talk to someone and see what they would charge to score this.

Please email for info.

Thanks.
carcaridon@aol.com

Colin Willsher February 24th, 2007 06:37 AM

Hi Heath,

Probably best not to publish your email address on a public forum but I've sent you a message anyway.

Good luck.

Colin

Colin Willsher February 24th, 2007 06:47 AM

Music Production & Sound Design

Hi,

Just thought that after all this time I should introduce myself to anyone requiring specially composed music or sound design. To be honest, I wasn't sure it was allowed but clearly it is here :o)

I've written over 200 scores for television in the UK and am keen to progress into film now, having also done a number of documentaries including for National Geographic, Discovery and the BBC. My website (below) has a number of audio examples, along with a full list of credits to date.

I also have a vast library of extremely cost-effective buyout production music which has found it's way onto many broadcast and non-broadcast productions worldwide. Feel free to check it out - I hope it helps you and don't hesitate to get in touch to discuss your project.

Best wishes,

Colin

Alex Diaz February 26th, 2007 08:23 AM

Philly/South Jersey Crew for short.

I'm currently a Senior working on my thesis short, attending UArts in Philadelphia. I am in the pre-production stage, looking to go into production Mid-March. I am casting right now, and still securing location and crew. I feel that a strong synergy is necessary between a crew and feel that the final project is only as good as the energy put into it.

Synopsis:
Hidden is an intrusive exploration of the retribution of an immoral practice. Working as a pawn in a risky hidden camera ring, Jeremiah, a high school janitor, finds himself trapped in the center of the ring’s destruction. When a troubled teenage girl catches on will Jeremiah’s days finally be numbered, or does she have plans of her own?

I think that the most frightening effects are made by the viewer's mind, that being said this isn't a movie about hidden cameras, it's about the protagonist's struggle with his morality and sexual impotency.

I plan to be utilizing handheld camerawork to mimic an intrusive feeling of spying on the characters in this piece. Visual styles i am looking for can be seen in the handheld work in half nelson, el' enfant, or keane.

Crew Needed:

Assistant Director
Director of Photography/Camera Opperator
Sound Guy
Boom Pole Opperator
Gaffers/Grips
PA's
Editor

Compensation: Credit, Meals, 2 DVD copies.
I plan to put this on the festival circuit afterwards to help showcase the work of the cast and crew involved.

If interested please email me at fdokfilms@gmail.com

Ari Shomair February 26th, 2007 08:58 AM

Looking to hire HVX Owner/Operator in Vancouver Area

I'm helping to produce a short documentary film and need to find a camera operator / HVX owner in the Vancouver area to film an interview for it.

The doc has already been accepted into the NUFF film festival (http://www.nuff.no/), and therefore all film credits are guaranteed to end up on IMDB. To make this deal even sweeter, you will also be paid for your time.

The interview is only a few minutes long, so you're likely looking at 3-4 hours work total.

If you're interested, contact me via PM or email.
Thanks,
Ari

William Osorio February 26th, 2007 04:40 PM

Just in case, New Jersey

here is my resume and equipment, and if you need me please do not hesitate to contact me.

William Osorio

EXPERIENCE::

1988-Present
Event Videography Freelance Cameraman, Editor.
Proficient in shooting and Editing weddings, sweet sixteens, bar/bat mitzvahs.
for the last 19 years a have worked for several studios in the tri/state area.

2005–Present Univision WXTV-41, Teaneck, NJ
Master Control Operator / Technical
* Monitors, maintains and controls the outgoing signal and computer program that drives the air servers (Louth Automation).
* Switches programming, counts in and out of live events.
* Tape operator supporting the master control operator (MCO), loads required program and spot tapes into tape machines or servers for on-air playback. Cross-checks identifying slates of programs with the MCO.
* Performs duplication, compilation, and transfers for general company and client use.
* Robotic Studio Camera Operator
* ENG Camera Operator
*VTR/Server Operator

1990-2005 Video Ideas Productions, North Bergen, NJ
Director of video and audio production & post production
* Produced and Edited Medicare infomercial “Pagando por su Salud”.
* Talent director for TV commercials “New Jersey Energy Choice, Health Expo” Hispanic market.
* Produced radio commercials for New Jersey Transit, AOL, Palisades Medical Center, The Gillette Company, South Jersey Gas Company, Codetel Int, NJ Energy Choice and Amstel Light.
* Served as associate producer of DVD Version “La Salsa se Vive en Cali” documentary.
* Produced DVD Willie Rosario in concert, audio/video authoring & graphics.
* Recorded and edited TV spots in Avid, Final Cut Pro & Premiere.
* Recorded and edited radio spots in Protools.

SKILLS:
Fluent in Spanish & English, proficient in shooting and offline & online non-linear Audio/Video editing.
Computer knowledge: PC, Mac, Unix.
Software: PhotoShop, Premiere, After FX, Sound Forge, Avid, Protools, Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro, Corel Draw, Photo Paint, Dream Weaver, CGI Scripting.

EQUIPMENT:::

Sony XDCam HD PDW-F350
JVC GY-HD110
JVC GY-DV500
Varizoom Flowcam GT
Sony 9' Field Monitor 4x3 - 16:9
Bogen Tripods and Dollys
Frezzi Mini Fills
Tota & Omni Light Kit
Audio Technica wireless System, snap-on EV hand held
Lectro Wireless System & EV hand held
Sennheiser Shotgun Mic
Shure SM-58 Mics
Variety of Sony Lavalier mics
Carbon Fiber Boom Pole
Shure FP-33 Stereo ENG Mixer
--------------------------
Mac & PC Editing Systems
Loaded with the latest software for video and audio editing
Monitors etc.

Jim Fields February 26th, 2007 07:20 PM

DFW based Videographer looking for more work

I have a JVC HD110U fitted with AB kit, 3 batteries, iLight, Format Matte box, tripod, edit on FCP.

I do an average of 3 wedding edits a week to keep a steady pace, And film an average of twice a week.

I have a baby due in April and would like to build up a savings account. I am avaliable to do anything.

I have done numerous Mitzvahs, Weddings, some commercial events. I am an agressive camera operator.

Feel free to call me direct.

Jim
682-438-5963

Ramin Matin February 27th, 2007 03:22 AM

Feature scripts wanted

Hello writers,

We are a small and fairly new production company based in Istanbul, Turkey. We are currently preparing two feature length documentaries, one funded by the European Union, the other as a coproduction with a French company.

We are looking for interesting feature length screenplays to produce and direct. We are open to all ideas and genres (although we have a particular interest in intelligent and original film noir). However this should be a no/lo budget film as we have limited financial means. Also this film will be doing the festival circuit so only suitable projects please.

We can only shoot in this area of the world so no location specific stories.

Also keep in mind that we have no money to pay for your script until after (and if) we manage to earn any money with the film.

Language is not an issue as we can translate as well as shoot in english if the project calls for it.

You can contact me at ramin@giyotinfilm.com

Thanks.