Helping Hands from 2007 - Page 21 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old May 28th, 2007, 10:25 PM   #301
Regular Crew

Haven't forgotten, client is putting off til June earliest.

Bill
Old May 30th, 2007, 07:36 AM   #302
Major Player

Hey Bill,
Does this need to be 24p? I am in Cola, and have vx2100s. I would be up for it if that's not an absolute requirement.
Bill
Old May 30th, 2007, 09:14 AM   #303
Regular Crew

My bad, these projects will not be shot in 24P. I want the XL2 for its 16X9 capabilities and even then I'm not sure if that's what the customer wants. So, yes, the VX2100 I think would be fine.

Bill
Old May 30th, 2007, 09:25 AM   #304
Major Player

Bill,
I guess just let me know if you might be interested as the project gets closer. E-mail me at bill@grantphotovideo.com I would definately be interested.
Bill Grant
Grant Photo & Video
Old June 1st, 2007, 12:18 PM   #305
Regular Crew

Rent an XH-A1 in the Los Angeles area?

Hey guys,

Does anyone know a good place to rent an XH-A1 around the Los Angeles or Orange County area? I usually get my rentals from Samy's but they aren't carrying the model.

Someone asked me to film an event for them and I need an extra camera. I would just buy another XH-A1, but I don't do events often so it might just go to waste...

Any info will help. THANKS!!!
Old June 1st, 2007, 12:36 PM   #306
Obstreperous Rex

Two of our sponsors in the L.A. area should have XH rentals: Abel Cine Tech and Birns & Sawyer.

Contact info is on our Sponsors page at http://www.dvinfo.net/sponsors

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old June 1st, 2007, 09:31 PM   #307
Wrangler

Shooters Needed in Colorado - pref. XH A1, Z1U, or FX1s

We have 2 jobs coming up which will require 4-6 shooters. While we're looking, we also want to expand our list of "go-to" freelancers, so even if we don't hire you immediately, we want to know about your availability, skill set, and interest.

We prefer shooters using A1s, Z1Us, or FX-1s to make footage easier to match in post-production.

Some of our jobs are somewhat dull and corporate, babysitting a fixed, locked camera. Some of them involve ultra sports and speed. You must have a Zen-like patience and appetite for both. We are looking for ultra-clean, properly exposed footage. These are primarily corporate and event jobs. You will also have to monitor your own sound. Sometimes you will shoot on our equipment, sometimes your own. So you must know cameras, not just your camera.

Pay is $300-$500/day depending on your experience and our available budget, which can vary. Please be comfortable accepting jobs on both ends of that spectrum.

E-mail me with a link to your demo reel. (It will help me if you let me know that you are responding to my DVinfo ad....)
Old June 2nd, 2007, 01:56 PM   #308
Regular Crew

I highly reccoment using something like Celtx. (www.celtx.com) Yes, it is freeware, but you can find people in your immediate area, genre, time limits, etc. to share it with. That aside, I'd be happy to look it over.
As for credentials, I write scripts, literature, tutor in college english, and read pretty much everything. Any interest message me, always happy to help where I can.

Josh
Old June 2nd, 2007, 02:20 PM   #309
Regular Crew

Grayson County College: Film Crew Wanted!

Grayson County College, Tx

Looking for a few actors, a lighting technician, and a sound mixer.

The idea is a mafia-style film for entry into one or more local (all of Texas is local) film festivals. Most of the actors/actresses will be college age, but this is by no means exclusionary. The whole thing is being shot on no budget aside from what the directors are putting into it (yes, two directors) so we cannot pay actors. Acting students, amatures, and people with equipment we can use are welcome.

This is not steady, well-paying, or even assumed-to-be-paying work. At the current time the crew being put together has no venue, no contracts, and no current employers. Purely for the fame and glory.
Old June 2nd, 2007, 05:30 PM   #310
Regular Crew

looking to rent an HVX in SoCa

Greetings

I'd like to rent an HVX and P2 card in the Calabasas to Thousand Oaks area of So Ca.

I'm looking for a local (Conejo Valley) pickup-return only so no west-LA or SF valley please. I only really need 1/2 rentals preferably on Fridays.

Thanks
JohnG
Old June 4th, 2007, 07:40 PM   #311
Trustee

Anyone here even sorta close to Northumberland PA?

I have a shooting gig in PA in a few weeks and I wouldn't mind adding an extra crew person to the mix.

(I typically travel with gear and an experienced Camera Op - I need a general grip/tech extra set of hands.)

This is absolutely a PAID gig. Probably a single day shoot, but if it runs to more than that I'll cover appropriate lodging etc.

Northumberland is a drive from Philadelphia and the other big surrounding cities, so if anyone's interested - drop me an email and we can discuss rates/travel, etc.

Bill Davis
newvideo AT fastq (that's "fast" plus a lowercase Q) dot com.

Thanks.
Old June 5th, 2007, 12:24 AM   #312
New Boot

Nicholas,

I own a Canon XH-A1. Let me know when and where and I might just help you out...for a little cash.

George
contact me at geozero(at)geozero(dot)com
Old June 5th, 2007, 11:02 AM   #313
Regular Crew

Job Complete

This job has been completed, thanks to all
Old June 5th, 2007, 11:42 AM   #314
Wrangler

Camera intern needed for high-end shoot in LA

We have a 4-day shoot coming up in Los Angeles on June 15, 16, 19 and 20 and are looking for a camera intern to work with the AC's. We are shooting primarily on Varicam. It's a visual-heavy show, so there should be some good learning potential. Most of the crew are from the episodic/feature world. Currently this is an unpaid position--the final budget is being worked and I hope to be able to liberate a little money for this position.

Please send notes of introduction/resumes to intern@charlespapert.com; questions may be posted here. Thanks!
Old June 5th, 2007, 03:59 PM   #315
Regular Crew

Can you post a link to your current site?
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands