DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2007 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/72774-helping-hands-2007-a.html)

Michael Best August 1st, 2006 06:49 PM

Helping Hands from 2007

Just wanted to make any area filmmakers aware that there is equipment available.

Chevy P-30 Production Stepvan
JVC-HD100
Sennheiser MKH-416 with blimp
Kessler Crane
Magicam IIA Stabilizer
Desisti 1K Fresnel
(2) ARRI 650 Fresnels
(2) ARRI 300 Fresnels
(2) ARRI 150 Fresnels
(1) 300 broad
(1) Lowel 2000 watt softlite
(2) Lowel 1500 watt softlites
(2) 500 watt softboxes
(2) 500 watt Bardwell broads
(10) heavy duty stands, up to 14 ft in height
(10) C-stands with some gobo arms
(16) regular duty stands
(3) Bogen Tripods
(2) Bogen 503 heads
(1) Bogen 3066 head
Roland hard disk recorder
Dolly 8, 10, or 20 ft track

m1best@hotmail.com 814-490-2525

Michael Best August 1st, 2006 06:55 PM

Production/Rental Erie, PA area page 2

Setup guy - me
Movie Projection
(2) 20 ft big screens
Fog/Haze machines
(4) mixers 4,12,16,32
36v production cart
Generator
Miles of cables & connectors
Matthews Flags
Wide array of gels
Bescor cam light 50/100 and battery pack
Light trusses
1500 sq ft staging area/Greenscreen/ADR/Foley
Bogen tripod dolly
Editing suite
Crown wired lav
Cases/tools/misc and whatever I forgot

Beth Dill August 2nd, 2006 04:53 AM

Too bad you're not selling any of this :-)

Michael Best August 2nd, 2006 05:52 AM

Will sell it all for the right price..

Beth Dill August 2nd, 2006 06:25 AM

I'd have to take a second out on my house! Or could I put it all on layaway? LOL!!!

Michael Best August 2nd, 2006 08:37 AM

Ok that was funny. Actually I'm finding this area weak and I'm giving strong consideration to relocating to an area where there is more activity. I have no kids so there is little from holding me back. This is not a money making venture merely a love for filmmaking and a desire to help others make their
productions better.

Beth Dill August 2nd, 2006 10:59 PM

I take it you own your own studio? I don't know much about Erie, PA, but maybe Pittsburg or Philadephia would work better. And if you'd really like a culture shock, we could always use you in here in Atlanta! Best of luck and I'm going to add your Bogens and Seinnheiser to my cart and check out now :-)

Beth

Michael Best August 3rd, 2006 05:56 AM

Studio indeed, the South is waaaay too hot for me, and please take my things out of your cart I'm shooting later...

Beth Dill August 3rd, 2006 07:56 AM

SWEET (the studio)! If only it were remotely cost effective to shoot in Erie. It's only hot for a little while down here... Too late, I've already pawned your gear.

Michael Best August 3rd, 2006 08:34 AM

I knew it....hey could you rent me some of my things?

Marty Hudzik January 1st, 2007 11:33 AM

wedding videographers in NE Ohio area to help?

Hey guys, I don't do fulltime wedding work but I usually pickup 4-5 weddings a year for some extra income and to allow my addiction (owning expensive cameras and equipment). I recently had to move from the Youngstown area of Ohio to the Akron/Canton area. All the weddings I have done in the past have been 2 camera shoots and they are always edited in a very creative way. All of my demos reflect this and quite honestly brag about how this really enhances the product.

However, since I moved, I no longer have a partner to shoot the B camera stuff. Usually the B camera is what I use for the "safe" shots. Prettty boring on it's own but it allows me to get a little crazy and do more creative angles and setup shots that require a lot of focusing and positioining. The B camera essentially covers up all of the zooming and focusing I have to do with more standard wide to medium shots.

Anyone in the area interested in helping out for some extra cash? Usually I just pay a flat fee to the 2nd camera man and at the end of the day he hands over the tapes that I use to edit. I am currently shooting with a Canon XL-H1 and do record in HDV. I then downsample and provide the clients with SD 16x9 versions until Blue-ray or HD-DVD becomes a viable delivery option.

I currently only have the H1 so you would need to bring a 3CCD camera to the table, preferably HDV but that is optional. I have only one wedding booked for August of this year....but I am getting asked about doing others and I currently cannot accept them unless I have someone to shoot the 2nd camera stuff.

Thanks in advance.........

Stephen Vallis January 1st, 2007 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Hudzik
Hey guys, I don't do fulltime wedding work but I usually pickup 4-5 weddings a year for some extra income and to allow my addiction (owning expensive cameras and equipment). I recently had to move from the Youngstown area of Ohio to the Akron/Canton area. All the weddings I have done in the past have been 2 camera shoots and they are always edited in a very creative way. All of my demos reflect this and quite honestly brag about how this really enhances the product.

However, since I moved, I no longer have a partner to shoot the B camera stuff. Usually the B camera is what I use for the "safe" shots. Prettty boring on it's own but it allows me to get a little crazy and do more creative angles and setup shots that require a lot of focusing and positioining. The B camera essentially covers up all of the zooming and focusing I have to do with more standard wide to medium shots.

Anyone in the area interested in helping out for some extra cash? Usually I just pay a flat fee to the 2nd camera man and at the end of the day he hands over the tapes that I use to edit. I am currently shooting with a Canon XL-H1 and do record in HDV. I then downsample and provide the clients with SD 16x9 versions until Blue-ray or HD-DVD becomes a viable delivery option.

I currently only have the H1 so you would need to bring a 3CCD camera to the table, preferably HDV but that is optional. I have only one wedding booked for August of this year....but I am getting asked about doing others and I currently cannot accept them unless I have someone to shoot the 2nd camera stuff.

Thanks in advance.........

If you pay the air fare I will do it for free! :)

Jim Benton January 4th, 2007 12:57 PM

Experienced production help needed

Yes, I'm in the middle of shooting a documentary in the South of France concerning the Romani (Gypsy) people. I'm trying to locate someone that would be able to write a very affective treatment that would lead to funding and/or someone who would possibly have connections that would help me get the film broadcast or released cinematically here in Europe. I am hoping that by getting the film viewed by as many people as possible, that perhaps a deeper understanding on a larger scale would emerge towards these deeply misunderstood people. Thank you.

Rick Jones January 5th, 2007 01:21 PM

Camerman for Jan. 10 in Atlanta

I need a second cameraman for a shoot here in ATL on Jan. 10th. Will be most of the day. If this one goes well it could lead to an ongoing gig once a month.

Need to be proficient with Canon XL2. Prefer if you have your own but we have several. 3x lens a plus. Experienced necessary (but we're not looking for a cinematographer!)

Pay is $300

Bob Safay January 5th, 2007 05:43 PM

Rick, I have lived in Atlanta for over 20 years, what kind of shoot? Indoor, outdoor, tripod, handheld? I have the Canon XL-2 with 20x and 3x, used to have the XL-1 and 1s. I do a lot of video for EPA. I have to be in Jacksonville, FL that week but may be able to cut that trip short. Bob